• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY

Sport

Yes Griz fans it is going to finally happen. By November of 2022 Griz football will have a new $6.5M indoor practice facility. More details to come shortly.

Griz til I die said:
$6.5 million doesn't sound like enough for an indoor practice facility unless it's a big bubble.

I agree and I thought it was supposed to be much more so it can be used for all student athletes.

Yukon said:
Griz til I die said:
$6.5 million doesn't sound like enough for an indoor practice facility unless it's a big bubble.

I agree and I thought it was supposed to be much more so it can be used for all student athletes.
Unless that's like one individual donation and we have money from other donations/sources.

Griz til I die said:

I agree... South Dakota State built their indoor practice facility in 2014 and it cost them around $32 million... ndsu is building one that is going to cost around $37 million.

Even if it is a bubble, that’s still a huge deal for deep playoff runs, although it would be nice to get a permanent facility. Maybe we get the bubble, continue fundraising, then sell the bubble once we’ve raised enough for a permanent structure

griz4life said:
What's wrong with a bubble when you're talking about something that would be used infrequently?

Get a couple of double wides to park beside it would complete its lack of class.

fanofzoo said:
griz4life said:
What's wrong with a bubble when you're talking about something that would be used infrequently?

Get a couple of double wides to park beside it would complete its lack of class.

Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

It looks very nice. It is what I imagined it would be. Very functional for multiple sports and gives us a recruiting advantage.

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:

Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

I am just trying to save us the embarrassment from the team out east, it's something they would do.

The key thing to realize is that this is being substantially paid for by the quarterback club and will be done next year. We need this to keep up right now. A $20 to $30 million permanent facility would take how long to get funding and constructed? 5 years minimum maybe ?

Back