• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Are...

EverettGriz

DONOR
...the bobcats (suck) really playing yet another non-scholarship team this week??

msu motto: "We'll play *anyone **anywhere!"

*As long as it's anyone without any real athletes.

**As long as it's anywhere in bozeman.

In a normal year I think San Diego could probably give them a pretty good game. They chose a good year to schedule them.

Bobcat rebuttal: “You guys are literally playing nobody, nowhere this week!”

EverettGriz said:
...the bobcats (suck) really playing yet another non-scholarship team this week??

South Dakota State played non-scholarship football team Drake bulldogs at home in 2018... Ndsu played non- scholarship Valparaiso this year at home...

Montana played Drake bulldogs at home in 2018 and division 2 central Washington this spring at home...

It's really quite common for fcs teams to schedule these kind of games.👍

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

South Dakota State played non-scholarship football team Drake bulldogs at home in 2018... Ndsu played non- scholarship Valparaiso this year at home...

Montana played Drake bulldogs at home in 2018 and division 2 central Washington this spring at home...

Here's what I read in this post:

"Yes, our schedule is pathetic and we are wildly embarrassed by it. I mean, fvck, we play two nonscholarships in the same damn season!! But to deflect I'll search the schedules going back twenty years and find teams who scheduled one of these a year. It's not anywhere near the same, of course, but maybe no one will notice".

EverettGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

"Yes, our schedule is pathetic and we are wildly embarrassed by it. I mean, fvck, we play two nonscholarships in the same damn season!! But to deflect I'll search the schedules going back twenty years and find teams who scheduled one of these a year. It's not anywhere near the same, of course, but maybe no one will notice".

Sure.... Keep deflecting.

EverettGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

Can I agree and disagree at the same time?

I agree with the 2 non scholarship teams in a year kind of sucks. And I would agree that I would much rather play against Western Illinois, or SEMO.

I disagree that it is worse than playing Dixie State, or a D2 team (basically what Dixie State). But it is hard (as you all know) to get teams to want to travel up to play at MSU or um. It is a tuff place to play, and teams know that they are more than likely going to lose. Next year the Cats play Mcneese and Moorehead State at home, along with Oregon State on the road... Decent Schedule in my mind

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

Sure.... Keep deflecting.

What this post says:

"Jesus, they're onto us! And I'm still beyond humiliated by the cat's scheduling. I guess I'll I can do at this point is reuse a term he used in his post, and maybe no one will notice that.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

I agree with the 2 non scholarship teams in a year kind of sucks. And I would agree that I would much rather play against Western Illinois, or SEMO.

I disagree that it is worse than playing Dixie State, or a D2 team (basically what Dixie State). But it is hard (as you all know) to get teams to want to travel up to play at MSU or um. It is a tuff place to play, and teams know that they are more than likely going to lose. Next year the Cats play Mcneese and Moorehead State at home, along with Oregon State on the road... Decent Schedule in my mind

Yes, you can agree and disagree, much as I'll do with your post.

Yes, it's very difficult to schedule teams to come to either place in Montana. Yes, Dixie is currently a weak team. But they ARE a scholarship FCS team, and in no WAY can that be compared to two nonscholarship programs.

meh we have done similar, I suppose things happen that make it difficult to get the schedule filled out so this kind of thing happens, either not have a home game which would make fans scream or no game.. Maybe we could pay off Dixie and play another top 20 team. I wonder if any top fbs has a fcs tea scheduled they could pay out to...that is what the world is begging for you know it's true....I know I always hate when we play Central Wa. and not all that excited about Dixie state.

EverettGriz said:

Good thing they padded the early part of their schedule EG. Going to be tough sledding for them later in the season. Weber, EWU and the Griz are all on the road. Weber doesn’t appear to be giant slayers this year, but we all know winning on the road in the BSC is hard. Good luck to em

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Yes, you can agree and disagree, much as I'll do with your post.

Yes, it's very difficult to schedule teams to come to either place in Montana. Yes, Dixie is currently a weak team. But they ARE a scholarship FCS team, and in no WAY can that be compared to two nonscholarship programs.

I Agree with this.

There's always the possibility of an App State or Montana upset. CWU nearly popped our balloon at WGS with Reilly a few years back. A perfect storm, on any given Saturday...you never know.

We Human or are we Dancer?

Really thought that was where we were going with the title of the thread and it was going to be a discussion of the greatness of the band "The Killers."

Since it is not, please forgive my intrusion and I'll be on my merry way.

I have no issue with a FCS team scheduling another FCS team, scholarships or not. If you want to complain that non-scholarship schools should not be FCS, then I am onboard.

HelenaHandBasket said:
I have no issue with a FCS team scheduling another FCS team, scholarships or not. If you want to complain that non-scholarship schools should not be FCS, then I am onboard.

Nor has anyone in the thread trashed having one of these on the schedule, even every year. The issue expressed is ranked team MSU having TWO back-to-back, which is not normal and is worthy of comment.

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Nor has anyone in the thread trashed having one of these on the schedule, even every year. The issue expressed is ranked team MSU having TWO back-to-back, which is not normal and is worthy of comment.

And my feeling is, so what. They are FCS schools.

EverettGriz said:

"We'll play *anyone **anywhere! ... unless it's a contract game with NDSU."

grizpsych said:
EverettGriz said:

"We'll play *anyone **anywhere! ... unless it's a contract game with NDSU."

Ouch. That hurt and was awesome. Accurate and cannot be refuted.

Back