• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WIU Replay

Finally got to finish watching this replay. Some observations:

No Pillans (is he hurt?)
Two O-line starters from last year rarely see the field (Pillans/Mallory)
No Hurlburt - REALLY want to see this kid on the field
Flowers is going to be a beast (if not already!)
Akem looks ready to explode...underutilized
3 of 5 Humphrey TD passes the receivers had to "wait" on (weren't thrown out far enough in front of them)
Fouch hits like a mule
Ford's energy is contagious
Onu is the best corner we've seen since Tru
Flink/Matthews/Hill/Janacaro/Rostad - LB is in good hands for years to come
Drew Turner can run the ball for me anytime
Belknap is one strong dude
Lewis was the 3rd best LB on the field
#41 for WIU is a stud

AZGrizFan said:

No Pillans (is he hurt?)
3 of 5 Humphrey TD passes the receivers had to "wait" on (weren't thrown out far enough in front of them)
Fouch hits like a mule
#41 for WIU is a stud
I've only watched the first half but Pillans did play, he was left guard on the play that Humphries threw the pick six. He actually only started a couple of games for the Griz in 2019. In 2019 we used a combination of Pillans/Ganoung/Keintz at that guard spot.

EverettGriz said:
Yeah, Patchin is a bit of clown car act show.

Grady's pretty damn good as an analyst, though.

Strangely, I miss Grandpa Munster’s on-air phlegmy cough.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

No Pillans (is he hurt?)
Fouch hits like a mule
#41 for WIU is a stud
I've only watched the first half but Pillans did play, he was left guard on the play that Humphries threw the pick six. He actually only started a couple of games for the Griz in 2019. In 2019 we used a combination of Pillans/Ganoung/Keintz at that guard spot.

Interesting. I didn’t see him and he’s not on the participation list. At least he’s not hurt….

If anybody cares;

Dressed But Didn't Play;

Drew Deck, Robbie Patterson, Gabe Longin, Xavier Harris, Aaron Fontes, Colter Janacaro, Asher Croy, Grayson Pribal, Chase Johansen, Lorenzo Brown, Alex Hurlburt, Dillon Botner, Kevin Good, Trevor Welnell, Cody Kanouse, Noah Ambuehl, Kukila Lincoln, Carver Gillman, Matt Simkins, Colten Curry, Payton Brammer, Journey Grimsrud (It's possible I am wrong about Botner and maybe Deck)

In Jerseys but no equipment;

Jackson Pepe, Marcus Knight (and yeah he is jacked!), Nick Ostmo, Gerrit Bloemdaal, Matt Rensvold

Red Shirted For This Game (Can still dress for four games and keep redshirt, for us old guys this is a change);

Dylan Simmons, Daniel Britt, Camden Capser, Padraig Lang, Brady Lang, Tanner Huff, TJ Rausch, Geno Leonard, Soren Syvrud, Jace Klucewich, Kellen Detrick (Grown Man looking), Zac Evans, Corby Mann, Bo Kinney, Declan McCabe, Liam Brown, Jake Olson (this kid is going to be a MONSTER!), Sloan McPherson, Dylan Smith

The only player I didn't see was Nick Williams but I'm 700 miles away and at my age the eyes aren't what they once were. I know a few posters said he looked great in practice/ fall camp so I assume he's still around. Sure hope so from what I've seen on film and heard.

SaskGriz said:
If anybody cares;

Dressed But Didn't Play;

Drew Deck, Robbie Patterson, Gabe Longin, Xavier Harris, Aaron Fontes, Colter Janacaro, Asher Croy, Grayson Pribal, Chase Johansen, Lorenzo Brown, Alex Hurlburt, Dillon Botner, Kevin Good, Trevor Welnell, Cody Kanouse, Noah Ambuehl, Kukila Lincoln, Carver Gillman, Matt Simkins, Colten Curry, Payton Brammer, Journey Grimsrud (It's possible I am wrong about Botner and maybe Deck)

In Jerseys but no equipment;

Jackson Pepe, Marcus Knight (and yeah he is jacked!), Nick Ostmo, Gerrit Bloemdaal, Matt Rensvold

Red Shirted For This Game (Can still dress for four games and keep redshirt, for us old guys this is a change);

Dylan Simmons, Daniel Britt, Camden Capser, Padraig Lang, Brady Lang, Tanner Huff, TJ Rausch, Geno Leonard, Soren Syvrud, Jace Klucewich, Kellen Detrick (Grown Man looking), Zac Evans, Corby Mann, Bo Kinney, Declan McCabe, Liam Brown, Jake Olson (this kid is going to be a MONSTER!), Sloan McPherson, Dylan Smith

The only player I didn't see was Nick Williams but I'm 700 miles away and at my age the eyes aren't what they once were. I know a few posters said he looked great in practice/ fall camp so I assume he's still around. Sure hope so from what I've seen on film and heard.

What’s the deal with Lorenzo brown? He was highly touted coming out of high school. Seems like he’s never made so much as a splash here and he’s in either his third or fourth year with the team.

Back