• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Portland St vs FBS

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I thought it was interesting that PSU has played two FBS teams pretty well at this point. They lost to Hawaii 49-35 and then lost to WSU 44-24.

As you recall, we hammered them in the spring much worse than that. Bobby claimed they were a good team and would be a tough out for Big Sky opponents. He seems to be correct. I recall some cats fans saying PSU was just awful when we beat them like we did. Those scores would say they aren’t awful.

I think a lot of people doubted Bobby, not just scats. Many figured he was just talking up his buddy but it looks like they’re at playing decent ball. The scats will get their shot in less then 2 weeks so we’ll have a better idea of how both those teams stack up to each other.

OK... I will bite.

Hawaii game---PSU was down 35-7 at half. Traded TD's in the 3rd before PSU scored 2 TD's in the last 20 seconds of the 3rd (2nd one seems to be a fumble recovered in the end Zone)

WSU Game--- PSA Down 30-10 at Half, 37-10 at end of 3rd, and 44-17 with 2 minutes left in the 4th... PSA scored with 23 seconds left in game.

I wouldn't say they are awful, but I don't think they are a great team.

SACCAT66 said:
OK... I will bite.

Hawaii game---PSU was down 35-7 at half. Traded TD's in the 3rd before PSU scored 2 TD's in the last 20 seconds of the 3rd (2nd one seems to be a fumble recovered in the end Zone)

WSU Game--- PSA Down 30-10 at Half, 37-10 at end of 3rd, and 44-17 with 2 minutes left in the 4th... PSA scored with 23 seconds left in game.

I wouldn't say they are awful, but I don't think they are a great team.

Now, who IS an awful team is Hawaii. :lol: :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
I thought it was interesting that PSU has played two FBS teams pretty well at this point. They lost to Hawaii 49-35 and then lost to WSU 44-24.

As you recall, we hammered them in the spring much worse than that. Bobby claimed they were a good team and would be a tough out for Big Sky opponents. He seems to be correct. I recall some cats fans saying PSU was just awful when we beat them like we did. Those scores would say they aren’t awful.

Portland State may end up being great this season. Too early to tell in my mind. But coming off a 5-7 season in the Big Sky, you guys beating them in a 2 game spring season didn't do anything for me personally.

I will say for whatever reason, PSU seems to play tough in their play-up games. A few seasons ago they only lost to BYU by 14 and Oregon State by 3; before eventually going 0-11 that year. In 2019 they only lost to Arkansas by a touchdown before that 5-7 season.

Perhaps this year will be different. I don't say much against PSU as for whatever reason they always play the Cats tough. Which is annoying. ;)

If I remember correctly psu was in major locked down Oregon and had not really had many practices prior to the game. I don't think they could even have team meetings and had like 3 weeks to prepare. We also had a game under our belts so that could have explained the spring beat down. I know some psu players sat out the spring game but not sure they were key players or not.

Back