• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck 1.0 vs. Hauck 2.0

grizfan406

Has anyone else noticed a difference in Bobby this go round? He seems happier, he is more relaxed, enjoying himself. Last time he was such a general, very uptight, he seemed to make it a point to be the common enemy of the players where they respected him and played hard for him but I don't think they liked him much. He was also kinda at odds with the local media last time This time you can clearly tell he has his team's respect AND they like him. He is also considerably more friendly and cordial with the media.

I think he has grown considerably since he was here last time and I like the new Hauck. The team has an edge, they play hard and fast like Hauck 1.0 but I think the difference is that everyone, coaches/assistants etc. Are all having more fun.

smarsh said:
what this dude said
Never met Hauck personally (1.0 or 2.0), although we did see 1.0 "live" once. But based on his interactions with the TV people, I'd say he's now definitely more relaxed and approachable. And he does indeed seem to be having more fun.

These are all good things IMO. :thumb:

He learned a lot after he left about football and also life. He missed Montana so much. He is so happy to be back and I doubt he ever leaves if it is up to him.

Much more humble.
Much more experienced.
Not looking forward to better things down the road, and just what can make this place the best it can be.
Surrounded by experienced and knowledgeable coaches with the same vision.
Understanding that it takes a village and not just him.
Enjoying the process.
Being home!!!!

Met Bobby the first time around, in talking to him he was facts and to the point. He seemed to on edge and stiff necked through the conversation. It doesn’t appear to be that way now. That’s a good thing looks more relaxed, and it looks like he has a better attitude towards players and coaches. Las Vegas must have been a humbling experience. Go Hauck and go Griz!!

What I like about hauck 2.0 most is his seemingly hands off approach to allowing his coordinators to do their jobs. He is much less of a micro manager in that essence. He still micromanages details like effort and technique and production and such, but he seems to be stepping back and allowing his coordinators a lot of freedom to develop and implement their gameplan. Not sure if I’m off base here, just something that I thought felt a bit different this time around

Known Bobby since High School. Often visit with him after home games. He's much more confident, relaxed, easy going but he is still intense, focused and matter -of-factly. He knows what he wants and expects from the team. He likes where the team is and where it's going. Cat fans despised him first time. The cat fans that missed his first go around don't seem to hate him as much, yet. Ha.

Go Griz!

All of the above but also love his dry humor, tough love will always win out over anything when it comes to earning respect of your players. You can tell the team is having fun but know don’t piss off Master Yoda.

He is the Cheshire Griz
&
yes the changes have been Awesome... This team and the teams to come are going to be unbeatable at the FCS level

Paytonlives said:
He is the Cheshire Griz
&
yes the changes have been Awesome... This team and the teams to come are going to be unbeatable at the FCS level

:thumb: :clap:

ALERT!!! Cat fan opinion:

Hauck 2.0 is way better than 1.0. I'd put money on Griz going to the chipper, or a long ways at least for the foreseeable future. Beating UW wasn't a fluke and put the stamp on the Griz's stature in a big way. The UM prez and AD took a 'perception' risk bringing him back and they beat the odds big time. He acts more mature, more respectable and it looks good on UM - as much as it hurts to write that, it's true and it's going to help UM.

Opinions obviously vary, but H1.0's snarky squealing about "down there" "over there" and overt Cat hatred was definitely funny, entertaining, us Cat fans fed off of it because it was predictable, etc.. But, IMHO, didn't honor the quality of his teams. Trash talk mainly feeds intellectually vacant fans, turns off plenty of parents of prospective students.

Both 1.0 and 2.0's records speak for themselves, the dude knows how to coach. Hauck 2.0 is more painful for Cat fans, but I hope we keep beating the Griz or at least keeping it competitive.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
What I like about hauck 2.0 most is his seemingly hands off approach to allowing his coordinators to do their jobs. He is much less of a micro manager in that essence. He still micromanages details like effort and technique and production and such, but he seems to be stepping back and allowing his coordinators a lot of freedom to develop and implement their gameplan. Not sure if I’m off base here, just something that I thought felt a bit different this time around

Hard to dis-agree with this. I never thought a Bobby Hauck-led team would get out "fake-punt"ed, but I think we're losing 0-1 so far which is fine with me. He was too obsessed with fake punts and special teams gimmicks the first go-round. I think he realizes he has the better team every time we line up now (especially on defense), so we don't need to resort to those old tactics. Just let the coaches do their thing.

Back