• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset alert NAU

kZxyIEq.png

I find it hard to believe that Arizona wins a game this year. Depends on what Colorado team shows up to that game I suppose. Up 13 and give up 21 unanswered what a debacle for them.

Happy for NAU. Arizona is bad but but NAU did what their supposed to do against a bad team. I hope they ride this wave of momentum into conference play next week, and they should cause they got UNC. 2 PAC 12 wins for the Big Sky. Conference HQ’s gotta be loving this.

PDXGrizzly said:
Has the Big Sky ever had 4 FBS wins in a season before?

Aug. 30 Eastern Washington 20-3 Idaho (dropped from FBS and joined Big Sky 2014)
Sept. 8 Northern Arizona 17-14 UNLV
Sept. 8 Sacramento State 30-28 Colorado
Sept. 15 Cal Poly 24-22 Wyoming (1st year in Big Sky for Cal Poly)

The last minutes of the game's play by play call on NAU radio is worth listening to

https://www.facebook.com/673500201/videos/347179823823070/

Mitch Strohman (NAU's broadcaster) is a state treasure. It's obvious that he loves what he's doing and is a great ambassador for the university and city. He gives the Griz program and fans props all the time.

I'm sure this win didn't feel as awesome as UM's win over a ranked Husky team but U of Arizona and Arizona State have been knocking NAU into the dirt for years. I've sat through more 77 - 13 type losses than I can count and Wildcat and Sundevil fans talk smack all the time. Thrilled that I decided to drive down to Tucson for this as it likely won't happen again any time soon.

MT Jack said:
Mitch Strohman (NAU's broadcaster) is a state treasure. It's obvious that he loves what he's doing and is a great ambassador for the university and city. He gives the Griz program and fans props all the time.

I'm sure this win didn't feel as awesome as UM's win over a ranked Husky team but U of Arizona and Arizona State have been knocking NAU into the dirt for years. I've sat through more 77 - 13 type losses than I can count and Wildcat and Sundevil fans talk smack all the time. Thrilled that I decided to drive down to Tucson for this as it likely won't happen again any time soon.

Mitch is awesome :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad he got a haircut!

MT Jack said:

Before Riley Corcoran landed the Voice of the Griz gig I had hoped the job would be given to Mitch.

dupuyer griz said:
I find it hard to believe that Arizona wins a game this year. Depends on what Colorado team shows up to that game I suppose. Up 13 and give up 21 unanswered what a debacle for them.

This is what most pac 12 fans probably thought of Washington as well after we beat them

Back