• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Staff Shortages at stadium

RayWill

Hey as a heads up Haslam said on the inside the Den Podcast they have some pretty severe staff shortages for this game. They are asking you start to enter the stadium least 1 hour to 45 minutes before kickoff and expect that the concessions will not be fully open. They are also asking people spread out to the entrances not jus the north end head to the south as it has much less line and there is the Beer Garden. As a final warning he said if you wait until 15-10 minutes before kickoff to head in from the tailgate you are going to miss part of the first quarter. As a plus if you didn't try it before the game getting in early the Beer Garden was a great place to hang out.

Since the concessions obviously cannot keep up with demand, the university needs to rethink their policy on allowing in outside food and drink. Buying even a soda during halftime of the Western Illinois game was absolutely impossible.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Since the concessions obviously cannot keep up with demand, the university needs to rethink their policy on allowing in outside food and drink. Buying even a soda during halftime of the Western Illinois game was absolutely impossible.

Email Halsem. I completely agree.

Da Boyz Mom said:

agreed

3-7-77 said:
WHY the staff shortages, whether at the gates or concessions? Curious, not critical.

have you been living in a cave for the past 18 months? EVERYONE is experiencing staff shortages because people have been being paid not to work by our benevolent government. 8 million unemployed....10.9 million job openings.

3-7-77 said:
WHY the staff shortages, whether at the gates or concessions? Curious, not critical.

Same reason there are shortages everywhere. Places are closing and limiting hours all over, and it has nothing to do with lack of business. Just the opposite. Places are busier than they ever have been, and don't have the bodies to work. Cost of living increases daily, wages aren't following, so this will happen. Throw in the fact that we're in a pandemic and many people aren't comfortable being around thousands of people to make $10 an hour.

Prepare for more of this at games, grocery stores, restaurants and bars.

AZGrizFan said:
3-7-77 said:

have you been living in a cave for the past 18 months? EVERYONE is experiencing staff shortages because people have been being paid not to work by our benevolent government. 8 million unemployed....10.9 million job openings.

Have those benefits run out yet? In Montana the governor put an end to them and added a bonus to go back to work. Which might suggest something else is afoot

ilovethecats said:
3-7-77 said:

Same reason there are shortages everywhere. Places are closing and limiting hours all over, and it has nothing to do with lack of business. Just the opposite. Places are busier than they ever have been, and don't have the bodies to work. Cost of living increases daily, wages aren't following, so this will happen. Throw in the fact that we're in a pandemic and many people aren't comfortable being around thousands of people to make $10 an hour.

incorrect. Wages ARE following. In fact, YOY wage increases are setting records. People still don't want to work.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Have those benefits run out yet?

Most (some within just the past 10 days or so....).

When I was in Montana in July I was appalled at the number of restaurants that were closed on on severely limited hours because they just couldn't find workers. Tried to got to dinner in Polson on a Sunday evening and had to try four restaurants before we found one open and willing to seat us. Two days later tried to get lunch in Columbia Falls and had to go to SEVEN restaurants at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday before we found one that was open. Crazy shit.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

When I was in Montana in July I was appalled at the number of restaurants that were closed on on severely limited hours because they just couldn't find workers. Tried to got to dinner in Polson on a Sunday evening and had to try four restaurants before we found one open and willing to seat us. Two days later tried to get lunch in Columbia Falls and had to go to SEVEN restaurants at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday before we found one that was open. Crazy shit.

I think the governor put an end to the benefit a few months ago and added a state subsidized benefit for going back to work. Businesses are still struggling to find employees.

3-7-77 said:
Didn't Gianforte shitcan that pay-to-stay-home federal plan, to get people back to work?

Are they still getting advance child care credits? Rent relief? Increased food stamps money? Asking because I really don't know....hard enough to follow the changing environment here in TX.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

incorrect. Wages ARE following. In fact, YOY wage increases are setting records. People still don't want to work.
To a point. And this just started. But for these lower level jobs, especially in our beautiful state of Montana with skyrocketing cost of living, they don't get the job done.

But yes, people still aren't wanting to work. No disagreement there. But they are intertwined.

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:
To a point. And this just started. But for these lower level jobs, especially in our beautiful state of Montana with skyrocketing cost of living, they don't get the job done.

But yes, people still aren't wanting to work. No disagreement there. But they are intertwined.

I saw signs on the Arbys and Taco Bell on Brooks St advertising jobs starting at $16/hr. That is insane. Yet, they can't fill them.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

This is also true. People were definitely making more NOT working than they were working. But that basically just brought to light a bigger problem. I think we're just seeing the beginning of this and I think more and more places will be forced to adjust their hours or close all together.

It's a terrible problem to have because most places I'm aware of are doing record numbers in terms of business. But coming at a price of over-working staff that IS working. So until people find it in their best interest to work these service industry jobs again, owners are better off closing early, closing certain days of the week, etc than they are running off good employees.

It's a mess.

My questions were sincere, just wanting to know WHY, if known. No need for sarcasm and, A) smart ass, quips. A simple straight forward answer was all I wanted.
I realize WGS is smack in the middle of 'Blue State-ism,' and people have been spoon fed that Covid paranoia for a year and a half. All those other big govt handouts are probably contributing to the shortage, but that is just MY OPINION.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

I saw signs on the Arbys and Taco Bell on Brooks St advertising jobs starting at $16/hr. That is insane. Yet, they can't fill them.

Totally. Here in Bozeman we have fast food places starting closer to $20. Though as we all know this is a brand new thing. Businesses are offering all sorts of incentives, signing bonuses, benefits, etc. And they'll have to continue that if they want to keep the doors open. Especially here where 1 bed apartments are $1,000 a month.

It's an ironic problem because you always here people talking about these jobs like like they are worthless because they are entry level positions for people without an education. Until of course we want to go have a burger and a beer somewhere on a Tuesday and can't.

In the end, it doesn't matter in regards to these wage increases. It's not like the owners are going to lose their own money. They'll do what everyone does and simply raise their prices. That $20 an hour working at Wendys is all fine and great until gas is $5 a gallon, your beer at Applebees are $9 a pint and that burger is suddenly $20.

Going to be interesting to see but I hope we start getting our workforce back in these positions because right now it's tough finding a place to eat or a store to shop at.

3-7-77 said:
My questions were sincere, just wanting to know WHY, if known. No need for sarcasm and, A) smart ass, quips. A simple straight forward answer was all I wanted.
I realize WGS is smack in the middle of 'Blue State-ism,' and people have been spoon fed that Covid paranoia for a year and a half. All those other big govt handouts are probably contributing to the shortage, but that is just MY OPINION.

Jesus H. Christ you've got some thin skin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back