• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cooper kupp

argh!

DONOR
he's started seasons fast before, but damn, kupp is looking against the nfl like he looked against the fcs. two games, 16 catches, 3 td's, 135 or so yds per game. i saw one statistic claiming he's in the top three or so receivers in terms of 'being open', i.e. separation from defenders.

any other big sky players doing anything positive in the nfl this season? been a while since the griz had anybody stick, although i think we were all (wrongly) convinced dante olsen would make a team.

argh! said:
he's started seasons fast before, but damn, kupp is looking against the nfl like he looked against the fcs. two games, 16 catches, 3 td's, 135 or so yds per game. i saw one statistic claiming he's in the top three or so receivers in terms of 'being open', i.e. separation from defenders.

any other big sky players doing anything positive in the nfl this season? been a while since the griz had anybody stick, although i think we were all (wrongly) convinced dante olsen would make a team.

Yes, former Bobcat LB Alex Singleton of the Eagles is a Captain and leading the defense in tackles. Also, while not a Big Sky player but a Bozeman High graduate, Will Dissly is having a good career with the Seahawks.

argh! said:

I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Kupp, but Alex Singelton is leading the Eagles with 20 tackles right now. If Cooper keeps it up, he'll be an All-Pro.

MTCowpoke said:
argh! said:

I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Kupp, but Alex Singelton is leading the Eagles with 20 tackles right now. If Cooper keeps it up, he'll be an All-Pro.

Why not on the same level? He’s captain, leading the team in tackles, and starting middle linebacker. How much higher of a level need he obtain before he’s in the same discussion as Kupp (whom I LOVE by the way).

Speaking of that, didn't AlphaGriz say, with one of his many mis steps, that Kupp would never make it in the NFL? Where is that crazy son of a bitch nowadays anyway..........

bigsky33 said:
argh! said:

Yes, former Bobcat LB Alex Singleton of the Eagles is a Captain and leading the defense in tackles. Also, while not a Big Sky player but a Bozeman High graduate, Will Dissly is having a good career with the Seahawks.
As a Niners fan, Singleton was very annoying yesterday. Seemed like he was everywhere. Glad I don't have to see him play against my team again anytime soon. :lol: :thumb:

Kupp is something else. Just glad he's not at EWU anymore. Felt like he was there for 10 years. Always enjoy cheering him on.

AZGrizFan said:
MTCowpoke said:

Why not on the same level? He’s captain, leading the team in tackles, and starting middle linebacker. How much higher of a level need he obtain before he’s in the same discussion as Kupp (whom I LOVE by the way).

Because, even as well as Alex is playing, Kupp’s numbers are insane. He plays in an offense with two other really good wideouts and spreads the ball all over and he still dominates. If Krupp keeps it up, he’s going to the Pro Bowl and likely an All Pro pic. Alex is definitely the best Eagles defender at the moment, but even if he keeps it up and leads the Eagles in tackles -again- it’ll be just another great season for him. Sure is fun watching these BSC guys doing so well at the next level!

uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
As a Niners fan, Singleton was very annoying yesterday. Seemed like he was everywhere. Glad I don't have to see him play against my team again anytime soon. :lol: :thumb:

Eagles fans are ruthless... I was looking at twitter on Sunday and it was basically

1st Good Play "Singleton is a BEAST!!!"...... "WOW Singleton is all over the place making plays"

1st bad play "Singleton is a ****ing bum!!!" "Get this Canadian **** off the field!!!"

Next Play "This is why Singleton is the best LB on the team" "Captain Singleton Really showing up!!!"

Next Next Play "Holy **** this piece of shit Singleton is the worst" "How long is this ****ing loser going to be wearing that jersey"

SACCAT66 said:
uofmman1122 said:

Eagles fans are ruthless... I was looking at twitter on Sunday and it was basically

1st Good Play "Singleton is a BEAST!!!"...... "WOW Singleton is all over the place making plays"

1st bad play "Singleton is a ****ing bum!!!" "Get this Canadian **** off the field!!!"

Next Play "This is why Singleton is the best LB on the team" "Captain Singleton Really showing up!!!"

Next Next Play "Holy **** this piece of shit Singleton is the worst" "How long is this ****ing loser going to be wearing that jersey"
Just a little more work and they can qualify for eGriz. :lol:

Yukon said:
SACCAT66 said:

Well they booed Santa and threw snow balls at him. Would you seriously expect anything better?

Yukon said:
SACCAT66 said:

:thumb:

poorgriz said:
Speaking of that, didn't AlphaGriz say, with one of his many mis steps, that Kupp would never make it in the NFL? Where is that crazy son of a bitch nowadays anyway..........

Kupp and Stafford have something special - this will be a really good year for them

I do remember Alpha saying Kupp AND Kendrick Bourne would not make an NFL roster - that Kupp was too slow and Bourne was just not good enough. I see Alpha has been banned from eGriz (didn't he start his own thing, MaroonBlood?)

We all know about Kupp. He's easy to root for now, class act and a man we can respect.

Bourne not only made the 49ers roster in his rookie year, but is entering his 5th season, now with the Pats, and has 1800 yds and 11 TD's. He caught passes in the Super Bowl. They were hard to slow down at EWU.

Amazing thing is he is still on his rookie contract, making $1.5MM. Next year it steps up to $14.5MM a year. Guy is unreal

poorgriz said:

He was banned by the university from setting foot on campus or attending any university events. Link below to the article.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-football-fan-forum-owner-banned-from-um-campus-games-due-to-harassment/article_bd6a68e5-8890-5bd0-aac2-3a6c2b1a8eb3.amp.html

putter said:
Amazing thing is he is still on his rookie contract, making $1.5MM. Next year it steps up to $14.5MM a year. Guy is unreal

Rams got a bargain….lucky they resigned him when they did. :shock:

MTCowpoke said:
AZGrizFan said:

Because, even as well as Alex is playing, Kupp’s numbers are insane. He plays in an offense with two other really good wideouts and spreads the ball all over and he still dominates. If Krupp keeps it up, he’s going to the Pro Bowl and likely an All Pro pic. Alex is definitely the best Eagles defender at the moment, but even if he keeps it up and leads the Eagles in tackles -again- it’ll be just another great season for him. Sure is fun watching these BSC guys doing so well at the next level!

As team captain and leading the team in tackles, you don’t think Singleton would go to the Pro Bowl as well?

AZGrizFan said:
MTCowpoke said:

As team captain and leading the team in tackles, you don’t think Singleton would go to the Pro Bowl as well?

Not necessarily. Those two categories are not qualifiers for the Pro Bowl. He plays for a Philadelphia team that isn't great, but could potentially squeeze into the playoffs if things go their way. And he came into the league via a backdoor through the CFL, so outside of Philly and Montana not a lot of people recognize his name. Obviously, if he continues to play this way and stays healthy he'll make a great case for being selected and probably deserves it, but is still likely a long shot when being considered against other known players, like Bobbie Wagner, Fred Warner, Lavonte David... Just my opinion.

MTCowpoke said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not necessarily. Those two categories are not qualifiers for the Pro Bowl. He plays for a Philadelphia team that isn't great, but could potentially squeeze into the playoffs if things go their way. And he came into the league via a backdoor through the CFL, so outside of Philly and Montana not a lot of people recognize his name. Obviously, if he continues to play this way and stays healthy he'll make a great case for being selected and probably deserves it, but is still likely a long shot when being considered against other known players, like Bobbie Wagner, Fred Warner, Lavonte David... Just my opinion.

Fair enough. But given that it’s difficult to compare offensive players (who can rack up stats) to defensive players, I’m not sure how you can make the definitive statement that Singleton isn’t in the conversation. Either way, they’re both great reps of the BSC and glad to see them both doing well.

MTCowpoke said:
AZGrizFan said:

Hey! Wait...what? I say...how dare you!

Back