• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GFP is recording tonight!

BWahlberg

DONOR
Getting ready for homecoming! We obviously have no prior game to recap but plenty to talk about around the conference and looking ahead to this weekend's homecoming game.

Get at me with any questions, we'll have plenty of time to cover them!

If you could choose one former Griz player to be on this year's team, who would it be? Let's exclude Dave Dickenson. Would this player be enough for the Griz to be the title favorites?

I’m sure you’ll get to it in the “Around the BSC” discussion, but what’s your take on Weber’s performance? Are they a legit contender still?

And about that EWU defense? Holy schneikeys. How many games do they win with THAT D?

Any info on Harris’ status?

What’s the deal with Lorenzo Brown?
Why can’t Hurlburt see the field?
If Brown is anointed as the heir apparent, does that change the approach of Britt and/or Patterson regarding their time here? I don’t think they can just “switch” sides of the ball like Graves and Rostand did….

Inquiring minds want to know…

Love the podcast - thank you guys. So fun to listen to football talk again. But . . . fair warning . . .

:rant: There were 233 new Covid cases reported in Missoula County today. Hospitals are busting at the seams with more Covid patients right now than in any other time in the pandemic. Health care workers are exhausted, depressed, feeling hopeless, not to mention getting regular abuse from anti maskers and anti vaxxers. MSU and UM tightened up mask requirements this weekend in indoor campus settings. The Health Department is begging Missoulians to mask up. Why is no one talking about the fact that 25,000 people showed up for the Sept. 11th game with only about .002 of fans in masks, and that is a generous estimate. And there is no sign it will be any different this Saturday or any other game. What is going on? Nothing to worry about? On what planet are people living? If reason, science, facts and solid evidence isn't enough to debunk this crimson colored fairy tale or penetrate this 10 mile thick granite wall of ignorance, denial and mockery . . . how about the specter of this surge DERAILING THE SEASON???? With the most promising team we've had in more than a decade if not longer?? I don't get it. I don't care if somebody doesn't believe - why risk this???? I did not expect masks on everyone, I know better, but I saw about 10. Maybe 15. Just because it is outside??? That makes us impervious? :wtf: SMH

Ok. climbing down off soap box now. Interested in your opinions on all of the above. But if the Griz have to suspend, postpone or forfeit games??? Exactly who gets the blame for that?

MM aka the AoD.

If I’m not too late, pick one:

1. The Griz win the national championship this year, BUT you have to do a six months in a federal maximum security prison. You can pick the crime. Nobody knows that you did it for the Griz, they just know you did time. The stint in prison won’t affect your current and/or future job prospects, but you will forever remember what transpired while you were there. All the prison stuff like you read about.

OR

2. The Griz lose to the Cats and miss the playoffs for the next three years.

MsMaroon said:
Love the podcast - thank you guys. So fun to listen to football talk again. But . . . fair warning . . .

:rant: There were 233 new Covid cases reported in Missoula County today. Hospitals are busting at the seams with more Covid patients right now than in any other time in the pandemic. Health care workers are exhausted, depressed, feeling hopeless, not to mention getting regular abuse from anti maskers and anti vaxxers. MSU and UM tightened up mask requirements this weekend in indoor campus settings. The Health Department is begging Missoulians to mask up. Why is no one talking about the fact that 25,000 people showed up for the Sept. 11th game with only about .002 of fans in masks, and that is a generous estimate. And there is no sign it will be any different this Saturday or any other game. What is going on? Nothing to worry about? On what planet are people living? If reason, science, facts and solid evidence isn't enough to debunk this crimson colored fairy tale or penetrate this 10 mile thick granite wall of ignorance, denial and mockery . . . how about the specter of this surge DERAILING THE SEASON???? With the most promising team we've had in more than a decade if not longer?? I don't get it. I don't care if somebody doesn't believe - why risk this???? I did not expect masks on everyone, I know better, but I saw about 10. Maybe 15. Just because it is outside??? That makes us impervious? :wtf: SMH

Ok. climbing down off soap box now. Interested in your opinions on all of the above. But if the Griz have to suspend, postpone or forfeit games??? Exactly who gets the blame for that?

MM aka the AoD.

The transmissible are to blame. So people got the virus. Ok, most will be just fine in a matter of a few days, and hopefully they quarantine if they are responsible adults. It is a reward vs risk scenario, and most people are not afraid of COVID and would rather live a normal life watching football with good friends. Living in fear sucks.

bigtyme said:
MsMaroon said:

MM aka the AoD.

The transmissible are to blame. So people got the virus. Ok, most will be just fine in a matter of a few days, and hopefully they quarantine if they are responsible adults. It is a reward vs risk scenario, and most people are not afraid of COVID and would rather live a normal life watching football with good friends. Living in fear sucks.

The unvaccinated are the problem.

MsMaroon said:

MM aka the AoD.

MM - we shared our thoughts on this at the end and your AoD aura carried over to the podcast realm as well. :thumb:

It is a serious topic. As many will hear on the pod we share our thoughts too.

AZGrizFan said:
I’m sure you’ll get to it in the “Around the BSC” discussion, but what’s your take on Weber’s performance? Are they a legit contender still?

And about that EWU defense? Holy schneikeys. How many games do they win with THAT D?

If Brown is anointed as the heir apparent, does that change the approach of Britt and/or Patterson regarding their time here? I don’t think they can just “switch” sides of the ball like Graves and Rostand did….

These are very good questions and would be of interest to most listeners imo....

Would love to hear your memories each week around a specific event in Griz history that you could leave open to the pod listeners. A "Where Were You When _____" segment, if you will.

Examples: Heppner's kick breaking hearts in Bozeman in 97, you mentioned Ricky Ray's fumble against Sac in 00 - the SDSU comeback in 09, etc etc.

Maybe I yearn for the past too much but you all have such vivid memories that we listeners enjoy.

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:

These are very good questions and would be of interest to most listeners imo....

We covered them all!

503Griz said:
Would love to hear your memories each week around a specific event in Griz history that you could leave open to the pod listeners. A "Where Were You When _____" segment, if you will.

Examples: Heppner's kick breaking hearts in Bozeman in 97, you mentioned Ricky Ray's fumble against Sac in 00 - the SDSU comeback in 09, etc etc.

Maybe I yearn for the past too much but you all have such vivid memories that we listeners enjoy.

Except for Luke, because he's like 11 and doesn't know much GRIZ history, but with an old soul.

503Griz said:

I love this, maybe we'll do 1 or 2 every week.

Bozeman 97 - watching in my parents living room (I was 18 at the time), turned down the chance to go with a friend and his dad. Wish I went, but the scene after was pretty bad I heard.

2000 Ricky Ray fumble - in the south end zone, didn't see the fumble or the scoop as it was blocked by the players but of course suddenly DP is off and running to the endzone.

09 - With my father in law, in the same seats I sit in, it was his birthday present. I had a joke on the GFP a few years back that he and I have hugged 3 times our whole life, and 2 was at this game :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
MsMaroon said:

MM aka the AoD.

MM - we shared our thoughts on this at the end and your AoD aura carried over to the podcast realm as well. :thumb:

Thanks Brint. Your podcast is so entertaining, I hesitated to bring this up, but it really does puzzle me that there isn't at least a bit more chatter about what could happen. Hope I'm dead wrong.

I'm thinking this may earn me even more nicknames. Debbie Downer, Covid Mary, the Chicken Queen of the Falling Sky, Paranoid Patty, Stay Home Stella, Scary Flu Flo . . .

I'll stop now. :thumb:

MsMaroon said:
BWahlberg said:

Thanks Brint. Your podcast is so entertaining, I hesitated to bring this up, but it really does puzzle me that there isn't at least a bit more chatter about what could happen. Hope I'm dead wrong.

I'm thinking this may earn me even more nicknames. Debbie Downer, Covid Mary, the Chicken Queen of the Falling Sky, Paranoid Patty, Stay Home Stella, Scary Flu Flo . . .

I'll stop now. :thumb:

:lol:

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:

Really would like to know the Lorenzo and Hurlburt answers

Back