• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFL scouts

dub

I don’t remember a year where we’ve had so many NFL team scouts come visit. I saw a link somewhere about Cook - what others are on their radar?

I’ve actually been wondering why the sudden influx of NFL scouts as well. It does seem like there’s more here than in any year I can remember.

Bobby has produced a ton of talent for the NFL. I’m sure some of them know this and interest has seen a revival.

This is a link to a post I did back in 2014 comparing past Montana coaches and the number of kids they coached and recruited that played in the NFL.

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=67140

Bobby is tops on both lists and it’s not even close. He’s coached 19 kids and Pflugrad is 2nd w/ nine. He’s recruited 14 and Larry Donavan and Jack Swarthout recruited six. You can bet it’s a guarantee that Bobby will be adding several to many more to that list.

The scouts are hitting both the Griz and Cats. There have been more than usual at MSU this year so far. Players on the radar at both schools.

I was wondering about if it was just publicized more too — Social media is obviously better. I do think we have multiple high round possibilities. Still blows my mind Dante didn’t stick - seems like he got screwed during COVID. Any other years before COVID he’d for sure be on an NFL roster.

bigsky33 said:
The scouts are hitting both the Griz and Cats. There have been more than usual at MSU this year so far. Players on the radar at both schools.
They come to see the Griz and figure "what the hell, let's head over to Bozeman while we're here", so you're welcome. :thumb:

uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
They come to see the Griz and figure "what the hell, let's head over to Bozeman while we're here", so you're welcome. :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dub said:
I was wondering about if it was just publicized more too — Social media is obviously better. I do think we have multiple high round possibilities. Still blows my mind Dante didn’t stick - seems like he got screwed during COVID. Any other years before COVID he’d for sure be on an NFL roster.

Injury, was never quite able to overcome his pectoral injury.

Looks like Akem is probably getting some looks, though I think his production needs to significantly increase if he wants a shot on draft day and not just a look as a free agent. I think it will, give him time to warm up, defenses will have to start respecting flowers more, which might take some pressure off Akem.

Back