• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray State wants to join the Big Sky

Griz til I die

DONOR
Lets put aside the fact for a minute that Murray State is located in KENTUCKY, and examine them from a sports perspective. They're hot garbage at Football, but would actually be a pretty solid addition for Basketball. Their facilities aren't bad, their football stadium holds 16,000 people and their basketball arena holds 8,600 and they have a full facilities master plan, but still they're located in Kentucky. Could you imagine having to consistently fly down there for conference games?
https://twitter.com/Reddit_FCS/status/1441506139976445953?s=20

Da Boyz Mom said:
What a dumb idea.
I'm not ready to dismiss that they are located in KY. The Dakota schools on the MN border were outside a reasonable footprint for the conference with CPSL and NAU in it. Thank God Fullerton is not still in charge or he would be all over it.

I mean I get why they're interested. The OVC is falling apart and they wanna get off the sinking ship but I'm not sure why they would be interested in the Big Sky and wanting to fly out to the west coast every week.

Belmont is joining the MVC, and apparently the MVC also looking to get into Colorado with addition of potential Denver University.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2021/9/24/22691320/conference-realignment-belmont-bruins-ohio-valley-mvc-missouri-valley

bugs-bunny-bunny.gif

Here we go again.

Drop Sac, N. CO, CP, PSU.

Add Washington State.

Decline UW Huskies because they suck and we want to keep the conference competitive.

Never do something you would do that would be last thing you'd if you had any common sense at all.

If Murray State promised to pay for the travel cost of every school that had to fly out there to play, you might give it the tiniest sliver of thought before still realizing it's still absolutely stupid and makes no sense.

As others have said, the last thing we should be doing now is adding teams.

. They might be interested but that doesn’t mean the Big Sky is. I’d rather shed a few than add one.

I’d trade noco and psu straight up for them today. They’d improve bsc (#bsc) basketball immeasurably.

Back