• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats prospective on Cal Poly... And the Lisa Loeb Story

SACCAT66

Cal Poly isn't very good, So griz should win... Here is my Lisa Loeb Story

One of my Roommate in college at University of Minnesota was a drummer in a very popular local band in Minneapolis. They use to play shows at 1st ave, opening for a band called Greazy Meal (Greazy Meal was a FAVORITE of Prince)... So one day he gets a call from the Greazy Meal lead singer saying "We are playing a private concert for Prince at his house, you want to come?" He said yes, and took me along... I am only 19 years old at this time and just a year from moving from Bozeman for school... All this shit is new to me, so I had no clue why I should be nervous. We walk in, and start watching the show. A cute girl is looking at me from the bar area, so I walk over and ask her "Can I buy you a drink?" She laughed and said "It's all free" I played it off like I already knew that and we started talking. After a little while she asked if I wanted to walk around and look at the house, I said sure... We ended up making out a little bit under one of Prince's framed guitars... Someone interrupted us, and said "We need you in the concert" She said OK, and I thought "That is odd, why would they need her (I had no clue who she was)... I walk back in and find my friend who asked where I was, I told him and pointed to the girl... He says "HOLY SHIT, That is Lisa Loeb!!" She walked up on stage and preformed "Stay"... She gets done and walks off stage, and I go up and say "Wow, you sound just like Lisa Loeb" She laughed and said "You are cute kid, have a good night..." And walked out of my life forever.... Years later I tried to contact her through my radio connections around the country, but all I got back was an assistant of hers saying that "Lisa has no recollection of the encounter with you".... My wife still rolls her eyes every time I tell this story.

SACCAT66 said:

One of my Room mates in college at University of Minnesota was a drummer in a very popular local band in Minneapolis. They use to play shows at 1st ave, opening for a band called Greazy Meal (Greazy Meal was a FAVORITE of Prince)... So one day he gets a call from the Greazy Meal lead singer saying "We are playing a private concert for Prince at his house, you want to come?" He said yes, and took me along... I am only 19 years old at this time and just a year from moving from Bozeman for school... All this shit is new to me, so I had no clue why I should be nervous. We walk in, and start watching the show. A cute girl is looking at me from the bar area, so I walk over and ask her "Can I buy you a drink?" She laughed and said "It's all free" I played it off like I already knew that and we started talking. After a little while she asked if I wanted to walk around and look at the house, I said sure... We ended up making out a little bit under one of Prince's framed guitars... Someone interrupted us, and said "We need you in the concert" She said OK, and I thought "That is odd, why would they need her (I had no clue who she was)... I walk back in and find my friend who asked where I was, I told him and pointed to the girl... He says "HOLY SHIT, That is Lisa Loeb!!" She walked up on stage and preformed "Stay"... She gets done and walks off stage, and I go up and say "Wow, you sound just like Lisa Loeb" She laughed and said "You are cute kid, have a good night..." And walked out of my life forever.... Years later I tried to contact her through my radio connections around the country, but all I got back was an assistant of hers saying that "Lisa has no recollection of the encounter with you".... My wife still rolls her eyes every time I tell this story.

This is my favorite story ever told on eGriz. You're a better man than me, because if it were my story, it would get embellished and elaborated as each year went by. By this point, I would be telling people that "Stay" was actually written and performed that night about me. Bravo, SACCAT. Honestly. :clap:

Apparently Geico got a hold of her, and that commercial can’t be popular with the wife😉 Good story. It’s a weird dual reality in our country of those famous and those not so famous. The stories of intersection between the two worlds are often entertaining. I totally agree that I would have expected more imbelishment by this point in life. Was Charlie Murphy there by chance? 😂

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

One of my Room mates in college at University of Minnesota was a drummer in a very popular local band in Minneapolis. They use to play shows at 1st ave, opening for a band called Greazy Meal (Greazy Meal was a FAVORITE of Prince)... So one day he gets a call from the Greazy Meal lead singer saying "We are playing a private concert for Prince at his house, you want to come?" He said yes, and took me along... I am only 19 years old at this time and just a year from moving from Bozeman for school... All this shit is new to me, so I had no clue why I should be nervous. We walk in, and start watching the show. A cute girl is looking at me from the bar area, so I walk over and ask her "Can I buy you a drink?" She laughed and said "It's all free" I played it off like I already knew that and we started talking. After a little while she asked if I wanted to walk around and look at the house, I said sure... We ended up making out a little bit under one of Prince's framed guitars... Someone interrupted us, and said "We need you in the concert" She said OK, and I thought "That is odd, why would they need her (I had no clue who she was)... I walk back in and find my friend who asked where I was, I told him and pointed to the girl... He says "HOLY SHIT, That is Lisa Loeb!!" She walked up on stage and preformed "Stay"... She gets done and walks off stage, and I go up and say "Wow, you sound just like Lisa Loeb" She laughed and said "You are cute kid, have a good night..." And walked out of my life forever.... Years later I tried to contact her through my radio connections around the country, but all I got back was an assistant of hers saying that "Lisa has no recollection of the encounter with you".... My wife still rolls her eyes every time I tell this story.

This is my favorite story ever told on eGriz. You're a better man than me, because if it were my story, it would get embellished and elaborated as each year went by. By this point, I would be telling people that "Stay" was actually written and performed that night about me. Bravo, SACCAT. Honestly. :clap:

I second this. Best story on eGriz. For the record, your wife is a saint for letting you tell that, apparently repeatedly.

SACCAT66 said:

One of my Roommate in college at University of Minnesota was a drummer in a very popular local band in Minneapolis. They use to play shows at 1st ave, opening for a band called Greazy Meal (Greazy Meal was a FAVORITE of Prince)... So one day he gets a call from the Greazy Meal lead singer saying "We are playing a private concert for Prince at his house, you want to come?" He said yes, and took me along... I am only 19 years old at this time and just a year from moving from Bozeman for school... All this shit is new to me, so I had no clue why I should be nervous. We walk in, and start watching the show. A cute girl is looking at me from the bar area, so I walk over and ask her "Can I buy you a drink?" She laughed and said "It's all free" I played it off like I already knew that and we started talking. After a little while she asked if I wanted to walk around and look at the house, I said sure... We ended up making out a little bit under one of Prince's framed guitars... Someone interrupted us, and said "We need you in the concert" She said OK, and I thought "That is odd, why would they need her (I had no clue who she was)... I walk back in and find my friend who asked where I was, I told him and pointed to the girl... He says "HOLY SHIT, That is Lisa Loeb!!" She walked up on stage and preformed "Stay"... She gets done and walks off stage, and I go up and say "Wow, you sound just like Lisa Loeb" She laughed and said "You are cute kid, have a good night..." And walked out of my life forever.... Years later I tried to contact her through my radio connections around the country, but all I got back was an assistant of hers saying that "Lisa has no recollection of the encounter with you".... My wife still rolls her eyes every time I tell this story.

Holy shit, Saccat, I was at that party and I remember you! I was the guy at the other end of the bar drinking mojitos with that Scottish chick.

Were you there when the bartender dropped that 20 lbs. sack of sugar on the bar? The drunk Scottish girl screamed and I told the her, “Welcome to America where we have sugar floors, sugar bars and sugar walls.”

I wonder what ever happened to that girl? What a crazy night!

SACCAT66 said:

Great story, SACCAT66! I can picture it all!
And could it possible there is purple fam on this site?? Eye won't hold my breath... :D

Felt like I was a sentence deep into a Penthouse forum. Then you got off the griz win prediction and started the Lisa story and, poof, boner gone.

Back