• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mccutcheon > Akem

Westcoastfan

It’s pretty impressive how Lance Mccutcheon has emerged as by far the best receiver in the state of Montana a d possibly the conference! Most would have thought that Akem would be dominating the big Sky, but is not even a top 20 receiver in the league. Makes you wonder what Mccuthceon’s numbers would be like if MSU could have passed the last 3 years.

Was at that game Saturday. Kid is big, plays big and is a beast to tackle. I realize it was UNC but he looked good and will be a handful for any team

As a Cats fan, I can't believe I am typing this, but let's see how Lance does against Weber and EWU on the road before we all get into this... Lance has looked great, and our QB has been very efficient in getting him the ball in single coverage. They have done what they should do against the teams that were on the schedule. If it continues (and I have no reason to think it won't at this moment) THEN we can say things. I am very happy with how Cats have been playing so far....

SACCAT66 said:
As a Cats fan, I can't believe I am typing this, but let's see how Lance does against Weber and EWU on the road before we all get into this... Lance has looked great, and our QB has been very efficient in getting him the ball in single coverage. They have done what they should do against the teams that were on the schedule. If it continues (and I have no reason to think it won't at this moment) THEN we can say things. I am very happy with how Cats have been playing so far....

I think you could have saved yourself some time, and just replied to the OP with "OFFS".

FIFY

It’s pretty impressive how Jace Lewis, Patrick O’Connell, and Marcus Welenel have all emerged as by far the best LBs in the state of Montana and most-definitely the conference! Most would have thought that Troy Andersen would be dominating the big Sky, but he’s not even a top 20 LB in the league. Makes you wonder what Jace’s, Patrick’s, and Marcus’ numbers would be like if UM could have played them more the last 3 years.

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

I think you could have saved yourself some time, and just replied to the OP with "OFFS".

You don't get to 17 pages by taking the easy road.

HookedonGriz said:
FIFY

It’s pretty impressive how Jace Lewis, Patrick O’Connell, and Marcus Welenel have all emerged as by far the best LBs in the state of Montana and most-definitely the conference! Most would have thought that Troy Andersen would be dominating the big Sky, but he’s not even a top 20 LB in the league. Makes you wonder what Jace’s, Patrick’s, and Marcus’ numbers would be like if UM could have played them more the last 3 years.

Those numbers are all inflated because Flowers keeps running kicks back for TD's, giving the defense more snaps on the field...

HookedonGriz said:
FIFY

nailed it lol.

Lance is the only receiver the cats have. Coy Steel's not bad either but I think he's hurt and hasn't returned (help me out cat fans). UM has so much talent at receiver it's hard to get the ball everyone. The loss of Sulser should get guys like Flowers and White more balls, but to sit here and say that McCutcheon is a better receiver than Akem is blasphemy. Hell, I used to get pissed when people tried to say that Toure was better than Akem. Don't worry westcoastfan, when you guys get beat by Eastern just as bad as us or maybe even worse, I'm sure somebody will come along and troll you as well.

Griz til I die said:
Lance is the only receiver the cats have. Coy Steel's not bad either but I think he's hurt and hasn't returned (help me out cat fans). UM has so much talent at receiver it's hard to get the ball everyone. The loss of Sulser should get guys like Flowers and White more balls, but to sit here and say that McCutcheon is a better receiver than Akem is blasphemy. Hell, I used to get pissed when people tried to say that Toure was better than Akem. Don't worry westcoastfan, when you guys get beat by Eastern just as bad as us or maybe even worse, I'm sure somebody will come along and troll you as well.

don't forget Mitch Roberts that kid has a knack for opportune catches...I would be throwing his way at least 10X a game.

Westcoastfan said:
It’s pretty impressive how Lance Mccutcheon has emerged as by far the best receiver in the state of Montana a d possibly the conference! Most would have thought that Akem would be dominating the big Sky, but is not even a top 20 receiver in the league. Makes you wonder what Mccuthceon’s numbers would be like if MSU could have passed the last 3 years.

Makes you wonder if Montana could pass this season.

Griz til I die said:

I don't agree with this... Jaden Smith, Willie Patterson, Coy Steel (when healthy) are all very good as well... We have a couple TE that have really stepped up this year as well. Lots of times it is a combination of being comfortable with the QB, and also the match-ups... Lance came out hot VS UNC, and then they started shifting coverage his way, leaving Smith open on the other side (He ended up with 4 catches for 75 yards). Yes, Coy has been dinged up, and Patterson got hurt on a punt return (He was leveled about 2 seconds before the ball got there...)

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Who is Lance McCutcheon?

He is a Senior WR for the Cats from Bozeman High.

Thanks, SAC. He seems to be doing pretty well so far, apparently. Whenever the mood strikes me to look into how the Bobcats are doing, I know I can log on here to read it straight from Bobcat fans! ;)

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

Thanks, SAC. He seems to be doing pretty well so far, apparently. Whenever the mood strikes me to look into how the Bobcats are doing, I know I can log on here to read it straight from Bobcat fans! ;)
From the Bobcat fans, I'm not so sure how straight.

More likely it shows how important it is for a receiver to have a quarterback to get them the ball. I really don't believe that Akem has lost anything from last year, but Humphries either isn't targeting him as much as Sneed did, or his ball placement is suspect (as mentioned in other threads), making it harder for him to make the catches. What I'd be curious to see is how Kevin Kassis and Mitch Herbert would've done with a QB who could throw it like McKay.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

You are welcome.... I am always happy to help with yet another "Player 1 is better than Player B" discussion... I hear your Back-up QB is better than your Starter who is now hurt, maybe... He would also be way better if we plays for 3 years. Saying a player that starts for 3 years will be better than a player that has started for 1 is the type of hard hitting analysis that I come here to see.

Back