• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Robertson

mtgrizrule

Was more important to this than we originally thought. Those 10+ yard passes to middle 3rd of the field were often his responsibility. Hopefully, he can return.

mtgrizrule said:
Was more important to this than we originally thought. Those 10+ yard passes to middle 3rd of the field were often his responsibility. Hopefully, he can return.

Not disparaging anyone who steps in as his backup, but I don't think anyone can match how nasty of hits he lays on people. He is insanely wreckless with his body. That certainly plays into his effectiveness as well.

I work with a guy that coached him in youth league and he just beams when I talk about him. Of course the fact I'm totally in awe with his "enforcer" mentality helps too.

mtgrizrule said:
He was out there yesterday. Did he leave the game and I didn’t notice?

Griz til I die said:
mtgrizrule said:
He was out there yesterday. Did he leave the game and I didn’t notice?

He played about two series.

Being down 20-30 lbs, I question why we were playing him at all on Saturday. That would be almost impossible to overcome given an entire season to recover, let alone a couple of weeks. When you lose that much weight that quickly via illness or injury, you are not even in the same realm of an athlete as you once were.

He is a force when healthy. Would like to have seen the staff give him at least another few weeks to regain some strength.

gotgame75 said:
Being down 20-30 lbs, I question why we were playing him at all on Saturday. That would be almost impossible to overcome given an entire season to recover, let alone a couple of weeks. When you lose that much weight that quickly via illness or injury, you are not even in the same realm of an athlete as you once were.

He is a force when healthy. Would like to have seen the staff give him at least another few weeks to regain some strength.
He had a small sample of game action to start the process of getting the rust off while regaining strength/weight.

kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:

He had a small sample of game action to start the process of getting the rust off while regaining strength/weight.

I get that, but down 30 lbs, what good is a few plays going to do? It's frankly stupid. He stands a far greater chance of injury than any small benefit limited action might provide.

Did you see him? Dude doesn't even look like the same person out there. 30 lbs in that short of a period is extreme. If we are playing Robertson at all at this juncture, it means our safety group is in trouble.

gotgame75 said:
kemajic said:

I get that, but down 30 lbs, what good is a few plays going to do? It's frankly stupid. He stands a far greater chance of injury than any small benefit limited action might provide.

Did you see him? Dude doesn't even look like the same person out there. 30 lbs in that short of a period is extreme. If we are playing Robertson at all at this juncture, it means our safety group is in trouble.
If he's kicked his bug, he should be on a good recovery timeline and regain his strength steadily. But his coverage skills need some maintenance to come back. It exposed Hauck in that department when he went down, particularly since Graves has really struggled. Both Hauck and Graves are good on the run game, the pass game, not so much. A healthy Robertson can do both. They wouldn't have him out there if he was a sitting duck. He should look better and play more each week.

Pretty serious illness

Do wonder at times about general health of team and the non contact health issues in team.

Weird times….

gotgame75 said:
kemajic said:

Our entire team is in trouble. We legit are just searching for bodies at this point.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
gotgame75 said:

Our entire team is in trouble. We legit are just searching for bodies at this point.

Yup..

gotgame75 said:
kemajic said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Sounds exactly the same process as a guy I knew in college that thought it was safe to drink water straight from a crystal clear mountain creek. Giardia, and I don't mean the chef on TV. Good to know Ivermectin works on more than horse worms.

Back