• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

…toure…

ST is Nebraska's leading receiver with 27 catches for 521 yards and 3 TDs. Our leading receiver, SA, has 275 yards.

kemajic said:
ST is Nebraska's leading receiver with 27 catches for 521 yards and 3 TDs. Our leading receiver, SA, has 275 yards.

Tied for 9th in catches in the league, near the top in yds per catch.
https://www.footballdb.com/college-football/stats/stats.html?yr=2021&conf=10&mode=C

Plus if you have watched Nebraska the last couple years let's just say his QB is a bit spotty when going to the air.

Hoops watcher said:
kemajic said:

https://www.footballdb.com/college-football/stats/stats.html?yr=2021&conf=10&mode=C

Plus if you have watched Nebraska the last couple years let's just say his QB is a bit spotty when going to the air.

You’re too kind.

alabamagrizzly said:
Hoops watcher said:

You’re too kind.
It's incredibly frustrating to watch Martinez at work. His numbers are deceiving ... decent passing yards, a good completion percentage, high QB rating, etc. But just when you think he's got it going, he tosses a crucial pass that isn't even close. He doesn't have a lot interceptions (3), but that may be because his bad throws are so bad even the opponent can't snag them.

Actually (IMO), like so many so-called "dual threat" quarterbacks, he seems to prefer when he can run.

IdaGriz01 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
You’re too kind.
It's incredibly frustrating to watch Martinez at work. His numbers are deceiving ... decent passing yards, a good completion percentage, high QB rating, etc. But just when you think he's got it going, he tosses a crucial pass that isn't even close. He doesn't have a lot interceptions (3), but that may be because his bad throws are so bad even the opponent can't snag them.

Actually (IMO), like so many so-called "dual threat" quarterbacks, he seems to prefer when he can run.

I can assure you that Toure' is very glad that he doesn't have to try to catch passes this season in the current Griz offense.

Here's a hot take. Akem has always been the better receiver between the two. The only reason Toure appeared to be better than Akem is because Akem got injured and Toure had to pick up the load.

Griz til I die said:
Here's a hot take. Akem has always been the better receiver between the two. The only reason Toure appeared to be better than Akem is because Akem got injured and Toure had to pick up the load.

Tell that to the NFL scouts who rank Toure' a 4th-5th round draft pick.

hunt-ducks said:
Griz til I die said:

Here I agree with you. There's two guys who miss Toure the most on the Griz. That's Akem and the QB (whomever that might be). Opposing D's have basically been able to shut Akem down in the absence of the Toure threat on the other side.

AZGrizFan said:
hunt-ducks said:

Here I agree with you. There's two guys who miss Toure the most on the Griz. That's Akem and the QB (whomever that might be). Opposing D's have basically been able to shut Akem down in the absence of the Toure threat on the other side.
Well that I agree with. Obviously I'd rather have both of them then just one because it made the offense that much tougher to defend though. However, when their both out on the field together, Akem was clearly the better receiver of the two. Look no further than Akem's consistency and outstanding catches year to year. Toure was terrible in his first couple years. Akem was always good from a freshman until now, and he was always able to come up with tougher thrown balls in tougher coverage.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well that I agree with. Obviously I'd rather have both of them then just one because it made the offense that much tougher to defend though. However, when their both out on the field together, Akem was clearly the better receiver of the two. Look no further than Akem's consistency and outstanding catches year to year. Toure was terrible in his first couple years. Akem was always good from a freshman until now, and he was always able to come up with tougher thrown balls in tougher coverage.

Be nice if they gave him about 10 chances a game instead of 4.

Sure would love to see passes of over 30 yards to Sammy like maybe 10 per game or more? These 6-10 yard passes don't get it done.

reinell30 said:
Sure would love to see passes of over 30 yards to Sammy like maybe 10 per game or more? These 6-10 yard passes don't get it done.

I'd have KILLED for 10-yard passes Saturday. I believe there might have been TWO. All the rest were within 2 yards of (or behind) the line of scrimmage.

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:

I'd have KILLED for 10-yard passes Saturday. I believe there might have been TWO. All the rest were within 2 yards of (or behind) the line of scrimmage.

And I thought stitt was gone.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
I could be mistaken here. If memory serves correctly, Toure had the better FR year. Akem was better as a SO. Then, Toure as a Jr. Akem was doing better before his injury.

hunt-ducks said:
Griz til I die said:

Next year they will both be out of the college game. Griz should be better with "all Bobby" WR's (???). Wait until next year!

Mousegriz said:
hunt-ducks said:

Next year they will both be out of the college game. Griz should be better with "all Bobby" WR's (???). Wait until next year!

or the year after or the year after that.....

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

So, you are telling us that players can improve to great levels following their first year or two??? Gee, who woulda thunk it possible?

hunt-ducks said:
Griz til I die said:

So, you are telling us that players can improve to great levels following their first year or two??? Gee, who woulda thunk it possible?
Which one has been the better player throughout their career? Akem, it's obvious. He has been more consistent throughout his entire career. Toure was bad his first 2 years and had one breakout year where Akem missed the final 5 games of the season.

I think Roberts has made many clutch catches..seems like Akem has lost a little of that fire he had before getting hurt. both need to be having the ball slung to them more often that is for sure.

Back