• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cookus One More Time

kemajic said:
https://youtu.be/oOVFL8Ys3QU

Cookus, hasn't played at northern Arizona for a couple of years.... Montana plays Idaho,next not northern Arizona...

What's the point posting this?

This is another example of Big Sky officials finding a way for the Griz to win. Another example is the 4th down spot late in the Sac State game. Video clearly shows the ball carrier was 1 yd past the mark yet they gave the Griz the ball for another chance.

clawman said:
This is another example of Big Sky officials finding a way for the Griz to win. Another example is the 4th down spot late in the Sac State game. Video clearly shows the ball carrier was 1 yd past the mark yet they gave the Griz the ball for another chance.

Gee, reading posts by many Griz fans on here, one would think just the opposite....... that Big Sky officials have got-it-in for the Griz every week!

I think the bsc refs get a lot of calls wrong. I think over the years we have benefited as much as not from bad calls. Face it refs make crappy calls from time to time. I am sure every team in every conference has the same gripe

retiredpopo said:
I think the bsc refs get a lot of calls wrong. I think over the years we have benefited as much as not from bad calls. Face it refs make crappy calls from time to time. I am sure every team in every conference has the same gripe

As a former high school (MOA) and NCAA basketball official, I assure you that it would be a very rare official or referee who would would show any bias in the calls that he makes. I do feel that there is a level of psychological factor involved in a ref's decision-making, often caused by the home crowd...... not a conscious factor, but still there. In basketball, theoretically there should be no difference in the number of fouls called on the visiting team versus the home team. Yet, in the majority of cases, the home team gets fewer fouls called on them.

retiredpopo said:

My favorite was against Coastal Carolina where they went back a play to penalize the Griz. :lol:

PhxGriz said:
retiredpopo said:

My favorite was against Coastal Carolina where they went back a play to penalize the Griz. :lol:

That play is up there with Colorado's 5th down in dumbfounded moments. Also the only time in my WA-Griz lifetime where I seriously contemplated jumping onto the field to yell at a ref... -2 degrees and wild turkey (fireball for the children) does that I suppose. Could have snagged a blanket and some soup while I was down there.

PhxGriz said:
retiredpopo said:

The old “the play prior to the previous play is under review” snafu. We still talk about that play amongst our tailgate group.

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:
https://youtu.be/oOVFL8Ys3QU

Cookus, hasn't played at northern Arizona for a couple of years.... Montana plays Idaho,next not northern Arizona...

What's the point posting this?

NDSU hasn’t played against Montana in several years…I have no clue who the Bizon play next…what’s the point of posting this on eGriz.com? Talk about a clown car act show!

PhxGriz said:
retiredpopo said:

My personal favorite was the safety they called in the NAU game when NAU kicked it off and it went out the back of the end zone.

Geddes said:
PhxGriz said:

That play is up there with Colorado's 5th down in dumbfounded moments. Also the only time in my WA-Griz lifetime where I seriously contemplated jumping onto the field to yell at a ref... -2 degrees and wild turkey (fireball for the children) does that I suppose. Could have snagged a blanket and some soup while I was down there.

:thumb:

God that coastal game was awful all the way around. I’ve played in and been to many cold games, but that was ridiculous. I’m pretty sure the refs were pissed they had to call that game. I still remember the softened handclaps due everybody being in gloves and the gym open at half-time.

In the extended version of this video you can see grzz leaning over the railing giving Cookus the biz as he's being walked out of the stadium, and that's my favorite part of the video.

Back