• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Win!!!

Dillon

Even though the Griz actually did lose this past weekend, they actually did win. Why? The coaching staff of Sac. State were primarily consisted of Ex- Griz. I just watched the first half of the game and came away with other positives. Watching the game live I was still pleased even though it ending in a loss. All I looked at was the QB play by KB. He had no turnovers in the first half which is a big positive but on one of the plays he forced it into Akem when White was wide open just 15 feet to his right. Akem did catch it on the rebound but had 3 defenders all around him & we were lucky it was not a turnover. Another observation was on the defense. Robby Hauck being flagged for a PI, when it was not, but could have been a 30 yard penalty because of his taunting after the whistle. Like others have said Sac State receivers were wide open and the Griz were not for much of the game. In the end we did lose but Holy $hit batman there were many positives in the game especially by our QB. I'm excited by what I saw in the fist half. On to the second half!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz! :clap:

Well except for the interception by the goal line and Sac state open receivers (which can be resolved). What struck me was the final score late in the 3rd quarter and also the final score. On to the Vandals!! Go Griz!

I think the only point I felt optimistic in that game was when they showed some fight and clawed back to an even score in the second half. I did comment about Browns efficiency into the fourth quarter with some in our section, but just wish he would have had the time or took the opportunity to take some shots.

As for RH’s PI. I felt from the side it was perfectly timed, but on the stadium replay you could clearly see his left arm make contact, grab and pull. Unfortunately the back judge had a clear view. As for his post play jawing, though I’ve always loved his fire when it comes to run support and hitting, I have always felt it would cost us at some point in a big situation.

The sac state receivers did a great job of reading coverage along with their QB and working routes to stop and sit in holes in the zone.

I felt like we got our ass kicked for four quarters and were extremely lucky the score was a close as it was. I didn't see the same positives, hoping that comes Saturday in Idaho

Maybe I am turning into a grumpy old Griz fan.

....I'm all for bringing back Andy Thompson for Defensive Coordinator...why not he's outcoached us every time we played...

grizghost said:
....I'm all for bringing back Andy Thompson for Defensive Coordinator...why not he's outcoached us every time we played...

I vote Troy Taylor gets hired by Washington State and brings Andy Thompson with him.

Back