• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoffs Games- Week 13 First Round

Paytonlives

Staff member
All Final

FCS Playoff Round 1 Finals

Incarnate Word (10-2) Beat Stephen F. Austin (8-4) 35-28 in Overtime
Incarnate Word (10-2) plays at #1 Sam Houston (10-0) Sat Dec 4th at 1:00

Southern Illinois (8-4) Beat South Dakota (7-5) 22-10
Southern Illinois (8-4) plays at #2 North Dakota State (10-1) Sat Dec 4th at 1:30

SE Lousiana (9-3) Beat Florida A&M (9-3) 38-14
SE Lousiana (9-3) plays at #3 James Madison (10-1) Sat Dec 4 at Noon

South Dakota State (8-4) Beat UC Davis (8-4) 56-24
South Dakota State (8-4) plays at #4 Sacramento State (9-2) Sat Dec 4th at 7:00

Holy Cross (10-2) Beat Sacred Heart (8-4) 13-10
Holy Cross (10-2) plays at #5 Villanova (9-2) Friday Dec 3rd 5:00

Eastern Washington (10-2) Beat N. Iowa (6-6) 19-9
Eastern Washington (10-2) plays at #6 Montana (9-2) Friday Dec. 3 at 7PM

Kennesaw State (11-1) Beat Davidson (8-3) 48-21
Kennesaw State (11-1) plays at #7 East Tennessee State (10-1) Sat Dec 4th at Noon

UT-Martin (10-2) Beat Missouri State (8-4) 32-31
Winner plays at #8 kittens (9-2) Sat Dec 4th at 2:00

wow we are going to kick EWU's ass very cool. I think I did predict we were going to play them again if not mistaken but I might have thought here. I got to say UNI is a scary team. they lose when they should win and win when they should lose. dang we are going to go far.

also interesting Sac (great for them by the way and deserved the seed) could play ucd again only at home. I bet I know who they want to play.

grizzcabin said:
Did you mean UNI

yes..They are one of those teams that you can never count out no matter their record. they took Iowa st to the wire when Iowa state was a high rated team at the time

The Cats can easily go on a run on that side of the bracket. This regionalization creates such an unbalanced bracket.

We got absolutely dicked not being seeded ahead of Villanova and Sac.

I think that even if the Griz were the 4 or 5, they would still get the winner of EWU-UNI. I am also don't have a problem with teams getting rewarded for winning their conference.

printable bracket if you want it.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/football/fcs/2021

HelenaHandBasket said:
I think that even if the Griz were the 4 or 5, they would still get the winner of EWU-UNI. I am also don't have a problem with teams getting rewarded for winning their conference.

Yep. It’s that regionalization concept that the beagle fans seem to struggle with.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
The Cats can easily go on a run on that side of the bracket. This regionalization creates such an unbalanced bracket.

I predict Missouri State kicks ‘Scat ass….. :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I predict Missouri State kicks ‘Scat ass….. :cool: :cool:

I agree.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

How so?.... Sac.state and Villanova both won their conferences, Montana did not.

Sacramento state had two wins against teams with winning records, including Montana...Villanova beat three teams with winning records, they beat #3 James Madison at James Madison.... Montana beat one team with a winning record.

Cowboys84 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

How so?.... Sac.state and Villanova both won their conferences, Montana did not.

Sacramento state had two wins against teams with winning records, including Montana...Villanova beat three teams with winning records, they beat #3 James Madison at James Madison.... Montana beat one team with a winning record.

Winning a conference and especially the BigSky should hold zero weight when all the teams dont play each other.

Montanas wins against Washington and the Cats are better than Villanovas one big win against JMU. Look at the programs they beat up on the rest of the year, theyre pathetic.

Our our losses are to teams in the playoffs, one was with a backup freshman QB to the eventual "champion" the other on the road on the last play.

retiredpopo said:
wow we are going to kick EWU's ass very cool. I think I did predict we were going to play them again if not mistaken but I might have thought here. I got to say UNI is a scary team. they lose when they should win and win when they should lose. dang we are going to go far.
We own Farley and UNI; they've never beaten us.

Back