• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This team is special.

Dmontanagrizzlies

DONOR
There is no doubting that. I'm just not sure I have ever seen a more complete 3 headed (O, D and ST) monster. Sure, we could be scoring more, etc. Look up and down the posts on here from everything on Brian being the #1 punter to Mr. Ford's success. An extra week off to help our backfield rest, is huge.
I am confident no matter who we play that the Griz will have a legitimate shot against any of the teams. I mean that. With this team and Bobby behind it all, I think we are back to "Goin Grizzly".
Have a Happy Thanksgiving all. Make sure you get your playoff tickets! Man, that is fun to say, again.

If we can get by EWU, I like our chances against JMU....they are a paper tiger who lost to the only good team they played.

AZGrizFan said:
If we can get by EWU, I like our chances against JMU....they are a paper tiger who lost to the only good team they played.

If that's true (and I'm not disagreeing), what makes you think we'll be playing JMU our 2nd game? We could very well be playing Florida A&M/SELA at Wa-Griz!

AZGrizFan said:

I watched JMU play Weber this year. They are not a fast team. If Weber had their QB in that game, outcome may have been different. I would like them to get upset so we could play at home again, but take what we get and win!

MikeyGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

If that's true (and I'm not disagreeing), what makes you think we'll be playing JMU our 2nd game? We could very well be playing Florida A&M/SELA at Wa-Griz!

I don't think they're THAT bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree, I think we matchup with JMU very well. Plus since this is it for them in the FCS, I'd love to send them packing for the FBS with a loss to none other than the Griz! First things first, gotta rest up and get ready for Eastern/UNI.

AZGrizFan said:
We're not going to "get by EWU"; we will beat them soundly this time if they "get by" UNI. GR is back and making his impact; Graves was lost in coverage when we played EWU. And against that EWU defense, our offense will look much better.

We've gone to Harrisonburg and kicked JMU's ass before. We may need a Chase Reynolds impersonater...

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
We're not going to "get by EWU"; we will beat them soundly this time if they "get by" UNI. GR is back and making his impact; Graves was lost in coverage when we played EWU. And against that EWU defense, our offense will look much better.

I agree....but ANY game against EWU is a crapshoot, honestly. I like our chances, though.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Herder has us losing to JMU and the Cats losing to SHSU.

With his track record, it means there just might be an all Montana match up in the National Championship.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

We've gone to Harrisonburg and kicked JMU's ass before. We may need a Chase Reynolds impersonater...

And a Dan Moore-type hurdler.

fltheadgriz said:
Actually it would be great to play Florida A&M up here and have it snowing....that would be fun to watch!

It would be however based on who they played I don't think there is a strong chance for them, to get through JMU

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
fltheadgriz said:
Actually it would be great to play Florida A&M up here and have it snowing....that would be fun to watch!
It would be however based on who they played. I don't think there is a strong chance for them to get through JMU
Opening round at SE Louisiana. Both teams will be motivated to prove they "belong." But SELA has the horses ... unless they take the Rattlers lightly and FAMU plays lights out, I do not see an upset here.

AZGrizFan said:

I would LOVE to see the Griz get revenge for that awful 2005 game (?), where the field was in such horrible shape. That one sucked to watch.

GrizGuy said:
AZGrizFan said:

I would LOVE to see the Griz get revenge for that awful 2005 game (?), where the field was in such horrible shape. That one sucked to watch.

2004, but agreed. Though we did get some closure in 08. :thumb:

GrizGuy said:
AZGrizFan said:

That was in 2004......field was OK. Field was horrible for the 2000 game against Georgia Southern.

Mousegriz said:
GrizGuy said:

That was in 2004......field was OK. Field was horrible for the 2000 game against Georgia Southern.
In 2004 the sod was coming up in huge chunks; it was not OK. In 2000 it was flooded with torrential rains, couldn't kick field goals it was so bad, which we needed to do as BU QB Edwards could not get it in several times in the red zone.

fltheadgriz said:

Like the Coastal Carolina game! Wait. What?

No its not

Need a QB just like every Hauck team. He is the worst at getting anyone that can do one thing more than manage a game. Special teams have special QBs.

Never happen with Hauck as a coach.

Back