• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How is Sulser

talked to him on the field before the game (and to a VERY good friend of the family after the game)....he's gonna be back at some point--and that's all that matters. He is NOT giving up the game.

Sulser, Knight, Rensvold, and Micah Ashton were all on the side line in jerseys but no pads.
Did see Journey Grimsrud on the sideline in pads, hadn't seen him in a while. The other surprise was that Jake Olson, the big TE from Butte was dressed for the game. He has usually been up in the stands with the Red Shirts so I imagine that was a reward for hard work and a replacement for Ashton.
Didn't see Keelan White anywhere.
Didn't see TJ Rausch or Soren Syvrud but that's probably because there were not many shots of the Red Shirts.
The one player that is interesting to me is Nick Williams, I know at least one poster said he had looked really good at fall camp, but I haven't seen him anywhere. Grey-shirt maybe?

SaskGriz said:
Sulser, Knight, Rensvold, and Micah Ashton were all on the side line in jerseys but no pads.
Did see Journey Grimsrud on the sideline in pads, hadn't seen him in a while. The other surprise was that Jake Olson, the big TE from Butte was dressed for the game. He has usually been up in the stands with the Red Shirts so I imagine that was a reward for hard work and a replacement for Ashton.
Didn't see TJ Rausch or Soren Syvrud but that's probably because there were not many shots of the Red Shirts.
The one player that is interesting to me is Nick Williams, I know at least one poster said he had looked really good at fall camp, but I haven't seen him anywhere. Grey-shirt maybe?

If he was in camp and a fulltime student, he can not grey shirt.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SaskGriz said:

If he was in camp and a fulltime student, he can not grey shirt.
:thumb: Thank you didn't know that. Never really been sure how that whole thing works. And yeah I could look it up on the inter-web but I'm too damn lazy.

AZGrizFan said:
talked to him on the field before the game (and to a VERY good friend of the family after the game)....he's gonna be back at some point--and that's all that matters. He is NOT giving up the game.

Heard that too. Red-shirting and, hopefully, will be back next year after rehab

reinell30 said:
Anyone know this young man's status? Sure, miss him on the field!

Heard Sulser has a torn ACL. It supposedly happened in the EWU game. I haven’t seen him since early in the EWU game when he was the victim of a vicious targeting hit on a punt return. He needed assistance off the field after that play. Glad to hear he plans to return. We have missed him a ton on punt return.

putter said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes, he played in but the first 4 games so should be good for the redshirt and two more years.

putter said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes, he played in but the first 4 games so should be good for the redshirt and two more years.

Dr. Elliott at St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings operated and repaired Sulser’s fully torn ACL early November. A full ACL tear is approximately a year to rehab. Hopefully he returns at some point next year, but he has now torn that ACL on the same knee twice. It’s going to Be a difficult rehab, but he is a very determined young man.

go96griz said:
reinell30 said:
Anyone know this young man's status? Sure, miss him on the field!

Heard Sulser has a torn ACL. It supposedly happened in the EWU game. I haven’t seen him since early in the EWU game when he was the victim of a vicious targeting hit on a punt return. He needed assistance off the field after that play. Glad to hear he plans to return. We have missed him a ton on punt return.

Sulser's torn ACL happened in the EWU game on the jet sweep around the right side, I believe one of the first plays of the 4th quarter. Hauck was one of the first out on the field because it happened right in front of him. Just their demeanor then indicated to me his season was done. I am hopeful like most of you that his career for the Griz is not over. Great kid, great family. It was great seeing him meeting and talking with Bergen after several of the punt returns on Saturday.

birdieman said:
go96griz said:

Sulser's torn ACL happened in the EWU game on the jet sweep around the right side, I believe one of the first plays of the 4th quarter. Hauck was one of the first out on the field because it happened right in front of him. Just their demeanor then indicated to me his season was done. I am hopeful like most of you that his career for the Griz is not over. Great kid, great family. It was great seeing him meeting and talking with Bergen after several of the punt returns on Saturday.
Yes it was a scrimmage play, not a punt return and it looked like a clean play, in fact very surprising it caused such damage.

At this point can Sulser beat out Bergen at the slot position and/or punt returner? Based on the Cat game very questionable. Still would be great to have him but Bergen is not only a great player and tougher than nails but is durable and will only get better. Interesting that they are both Billings Senior grads.

I seem to recall someone said when he signed he wasn’t going to redshirt because he wanted to graduate in four years of school and move on to medical school. I could be misremembering that.

speth said:
At this point can Sulser beat out Bergen at the slot position and/or punt returner? Based on the Cat game very questionable. Still would be great to have him but Bergen is not only a great player and tougher than nails but is durable and will only get better. Interesting that they are both Billings Senior grads.

Punt returner position will be a good battle in 2022. But I would hope we can get both of them on the field in some 4 receiver sets. Whether zone or man coverage, defenses will have to respect those two, which only helps a run game.

mtgriz said:
I seem to recall someone said when he signed he wasn’t going to redshirt because he wanted to graduate in four years of school and move on to medical school. I could be misremembering that.

I remember reading that as well. Won't blame the kid if he retires and moves on on his studies.

mtgriz said:

Not true. Made up rumor on the internet. Wouldn’t make sense anyways. People go to medical school in their late 20’s and 30’s all the time

MontanaJack2006 said:
mtgriz said:

I remember reading that as well. Won't blame the kid if he retires and moves on on his studies.
He has also had concussions.

Back