• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Herder’s Brawl Write Up

Gee if he only would have included NDSU in the article a few more times in a article that has nothing to do with NDSU.
If nothing else Montana, Msu,and EWU are already in the top tier of FCS by process of elimination, with JMU,SHSU and others leaving. :roll:

I think both Montana teams will start next year in top 5.

I disagree with his entire premise: Montana and MSU already ARE Tier 1 teams.

Additionally, comparing the noise (FROM THE ENCLOSED PRESSBOX) to that produced by an INDOOR stadium is comical. He was absolutely right, being in the pressbox did NOT do the noise justice.

He needs to get off NDSU’s dick if he wants to be viewed as an unbiased reporter instead of an NDSU hack.

He's just a bison cheerleader writing articles about a Subdivision with fewer than 5 writers.

Big deal.

Young kid. Clueless and doesn’t understand appealing to his intended audience. Bison football may be appealing to half of No Dak, but nobody else cares. They are viewed as less than by FBS mid west teams. FCS teams understand they have dominated due to several circumstances. Unfortunately the FCS is becoming a watered down mess. Herder laid a turd with this one and has zero credibility with fans outside of NoDak. I will do the thing that hurts him most. Stop reading his drivel.

Good write up overall, but if he truly wanted to compare the noise level, he needed to be at field level to do it. The noise on the field is much, much louder than it is up in the press box.

In the fargodome, it sounds the same everywhere because there’s a thing called a metal roof keeping the sound enclosed.

While Herder's hard-on for NDSU is decried by some, Their dominance of FCS football from 2011-2019 is amazing and unprecedented. His admiration is well-earned. But it's a new decade (ask Sam Houston)

Herder basically gave JMU and NDSU byes up to a potential UM matchup.
While I would love to see us kickass on both of these programs I would rather see an upset and get another home playoff game.
Or two :D

AZGrizFan said:
I disagree with his entire premise: Montana and MSU already ARE Tier 1 teams.

Additionally, comparing the noise (FROM THE ENCLOSED PRESSBOX) to that produced by an INDOOR stadium is comical. He was absolutely right, being in the pressbox did NOT do the noise justice.

He needs to get off NDSU’s dick if he wants to be viewed as an unbiased reporter instead of an NDSU hack.

Been to probably 10-12 games in wash-griz. Been to 2 games in the barn in Fargo. It’s not close. The noise and energy you guys can bring they could only dream of, despite their success.

I didn’t read the rest of the article after I read his lie about the Fargo dome being loud. It’s not terrible to be fair. But it’s not Wash-griz.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nbcmontana.com/amp/news/local/highest-sound-level-at-washington-grizzly-stadium-recorded-at-saturdays-game-&ved=2ahUKEwjajuCa77L0AhVIkIkEHfeGCzEQFnoECCIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3RaqmJDGOxaQRNiQizz-kg&ampcf=1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/11095/&ved=2ahUKEwiiybe08LL0AhUdjokEHcUcD1YQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1e-2TBBSlHF1HUGhXoRcbB

Cowboys84 said:
I think it's safe they both can get get loud....

I don’t know what the reading was Saturday…..I had to shut that function off on my Iwatch because it kept going off :lol:

Mavman said:
Gee if he only would have included NDSU in the article a few more times in a article that has nothing to do with NDSU.
If nothing else Montana, Msu,and EWU are already in the top tier of FCS by process of elimination, with JMU,SHSU and others leaving. :roll:

So where was he out of line about NDSU? They have dominated for a decade and they are still the team to beat and they aren’t going anywhere. You remind me of the dweebs over on bobcatnation who were just shocked I say, shocked by Frank’s last question to Vigen about Junior Bergen after the brawl. I thought the article was spot on and really hyped up the Griz program even if he mentioned the bison. Good job Sam and thanks for the recognition.

CDAGRIZ said:
I’d love to read his “tier 1” of FCS programs.

:lol:

Herder's FCS Tier One Program List:

1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1.ndsu

1,642: JMU
1643: Sam Houston
1644: Anyone ndsu plays

Not a horrible write up but agreed he needs to hop off the NDSU train. By his own admission this was his first trip to WaGriz which if you’re going to be an FCS reporter you should probably start your career the first year with trying to make it to the best venues and fan bases to actually get a feel for what FCS Football and it’s rivalries are all about...

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I’d love to read his “tier 1” of FCS programs.

:lol:

Herder's FCS Tier One Program List:

1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1. ndsu
1.ndsu

1,642: JMU
1643: Sam Houston
1644: Anyone ndsu plays

:clap: Beat me to it.

Jesse said:
Mavman said:

So where was he out of line about NDSU? They have dominated for a decade and they are still the team to beat and they aren’t going anywhere. You remind me of the dweebs over on bobcatnation who were just shocked I say, shocked by Frank’s last question to Vigen about Junior Bergen after the brawl. I thought the article was spot on and really hyped up the Griz program even if he mentioned the bison every second sentence. Good job Sam and thanks for the recognition.

FIFY

Back