• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac crews social media trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
Has to do with race. Can’t figure out how to share photos on here, will try to share a link. The coaches and many of the players have seen it and Zac has issued a formal apology on twitter, but I would be very surprised if he isn’t possibly getting his scholarship pulled. Hopefully not, or at least maybe he can walk on. It’s a bad deal that hopefully he can resolve with the staff and players. I know for sure many of the players have seen it.

*someone screenshot a Venmo purchase he made, and in the subject line he posted something pretty bad

Not okay, and certainly not representative of Griz Nation at all! Im sure glad all of the ridiculous current social media garbage wasn't around when I was younger. Lots of stupid is done by young folks. Grow and learn, and so should the individual who took a screenshot of the whole deal. No excuse for ZC language, but also, I'm curious as to the motivation behind the screenshot and sending it out to the media, that's also not okay.

Harm said:
Not okay, and certainly not representative of Griz Nation at all! Im sure glad the ridiculous all the current social media garbage wasn't around when I was younger. Lots of stupid is done by young folks. Grow and learn, and so should the individual who took a screenshot of the whole deal. No excuse for ZC language, but also, I'm curious as to the motivation behind the screens hot and sending it out to the media, that's also BS.

That is exactly the problem with social media. You make a comment and it is out there for all to see and comment on. You don’t know who is lurking out there. He left himself wide open. Not good.

Unfortunate.

Also remarkable that kitty fans we haven’t seen all week following the Saturday Massacre suddenly come rushing back when there’s a sniff of bad news. Soooooo msu.

Stupid and repulsive thing to post! However, 17 year old boys sometimes make impulsive, and not always the wisest choices.

Harm said:
I'm curious as to the motivation behind the screenshot and sending it out to the media, that's also not okay.

I believe the person who posted to Twitter is a former UM football player who is black and the post was retweeted by Sam Akem, Dylan Cook and Malik Flowers. So I’d imagine on their motivation is to spotlight racist behavior.

Hauck better cut ties with this kid immediately can't afford for recruits or anyone else for that matter to think you condone that behavior.

Well damn that sucks. Crews was one of the best players in the state and the Griz really could have used him. Unacceptable comment. I wonder though why someone was going looking for something on him.

EverettGriz said:
Unfortunate.

Also remarkable that kitty fans we haven’t seen all week following the Saturday Massacre suddenly come rushing back when there’s a sniff of bad news. Soooooo msu.
Check out their website. They're all over this like flies on butter.

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Unfortunate.

Well, I’m SHOCKED!

wbtfg said:
Harm said:
I'm curious as to the motivation behind the screenshot and sending it out to the media, that's also not okay.

I believe the person who posted to Twitter is a former UM football player who is black and the post was retweeted by Sam Akem, Dylan Cook and Malik Flowers. So I’d imagine on their motivation is to spotlight racist behavior.

Brennan Corbin is pretty well removed from the program... it would be really bizarre for him to be scrolling through is 17 year olds Venmo account. Something tells me someone sent it to him.

Edit: A Venmo message from over a year ago nonetheless. An inexcusable comment made by the young man, but this by no means should define his future. He will learn from it.

kemajic said:

Nobody wants to see this out of a MT kid. Even the Cat fans like myself that sometimes lurk egriz are disappointed that he made a bad decision. There are no winners here. If you do go to BN, there are a couple snarky comments, but mostly a discussion of what might happen next for UM and for the young man and differing opinions on the severity of the language used.

Good luck in the playoffs. We hope we get things turned around enough to see you again this year.

Social media sucks for a lot of reasons. As a father of 3 young kids I am going to do my damn best to keep them off of it. Or at least hammer it in their heads that every single thing they post is forever written in history and can come back to haunt them. That being said… the fact the dude is even speaking like this to begin with, and then also putting it on Venmo permanent history for all to see… doesn’t speak well to his judgment. I know he’s only 17, but cmon man. I could see they griz players not wanting anything to do with this kid. Yikes. That word shouldn’t be thrown around like that at all, let along written publicly with your name listed on it.

I hope they put it in the players hands to make the decision. It is their team and they need to be the ones to trust each other every day. Many players are clearly aware of this Venmo comment, and there has been a big emphasis on social justice at the university. They can take it one of two ways. They can pressure to cut ties right now, or they can choose to bring him in, and make it an opportunity to help him grow, learn from his mistakes, get him into service and use it for their cause. I wouldn’t blame them for not wanting anything to do with him. I also would give them credit if they sat down and had discussions with him about the ramifications, hurt, and how he can improve himself and his community.

Guess we will see how it plays out. This type of ignorance is far too common. I agree we were all young and stupid, and lucky we aren’t held to our mistakes for years and decades after like these generations are before they reach adulthood.

Wolf777 said:
I hope they put it in the players hands to make the decision. It is their team and they need to be the ones to trust each other every day. Many players are clearly aware of this Venmo comment, and there has been a big emphasis on social justice at the university. They can take it one of two ways. They can pressure to cut ties right now, or they can choose to bring him in, and make it an opportunity to help him grow, learn from his mistakes, get him into service and use it for their cause. I wouldn’t blame them for not wanting anything to do with him. I also would give them credit if they sat down and had discussions with him about the ramifications, hurt, and how he can improve himself and his community.

Guess we will see how it plays out. This type of ignorance is far too common. I agree we were all young and stupid, and lucky we aren’t held to our mistakes for years and decades after like these generations are before they reach adulthood.

I agree that the players should decide, otherwise this could turn into locker room cancer. I’d go a step further though, and say the players of color should have the most sway if there are any discussions with the team regarding crews future with the Griz.

Despicable.

Hope they pull his scholarship at the very least. Don’t want this kid representing the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back