• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoffs Games- Week 14 Second Round

Paytonlives

Staff member
FCS Playoffs Games- Week 14 Second Round

FCS Playoff Finals
#1 Sam Houston (11-0) Beat Incarnate Word (10-3) 49-42
#2 North Dakota State (11-1) Beat Southern Illinois (8-5) 38-7
#3 James Madison (11-1) Beat SE Lousiana (9-4) 59-20
#4 Sacramento State (9-3) Lost to South Dakota State (10-3) 24-19
#5 Villanova (10-2) Beat Holy Cross (10-3) 21-16
#6 Montana (10-2) Beat Eastern Washington (10-3) 57-41
#7 East Tennessee State (11-1) Beat Kennesaw State (11-2) 32-31
#8 kittens (10-2) Beat UT-Martin (10-3) 26-7

Let me be the first to say it...

If UM takes care of business next Friday, They might find themselves at home the following week also.

SE Louisiana will give James Madison a real challenge

Paytonlives said:

If UM takes care of business next Friday, They might find themselves at home the following week also.

I watched the game today and it was the first time I have watched SE Louisiana play. I agree with you, they are very good and are going to be tough to beat. They may just prove to be another Nova and upset JMU in an upset. Fingers crossed as it would be great to have the Griz host another playoff round!

Paytonlives said:

I don't see SEL keeping it very close.

Paytonlives said:

When UM takes care of business next Friday, They might find themselves at home the following week also.

FIFY!! :D

Not sure about SLA. Beat Nova last year and the Griz destroyed them. Don’t think they have the horses for JMU

putter said:
Not sure about SLA. Beat Nova last year and the Griz destroyed them. Don’t think they have the horses for JMU

They have thrown for a bizzilion yards an scored just as many points

Watching that game, SELU does have some athletes. Could be interesting, especially if you look at JMU's only loss.

I agree Sac State is likely to go down versus SDSU.

The other loss I am feeling is the kittens. Not because they are state, but because I watched UT-Martin last week beat a higher seed, and without their own conference player of the year at dual threat QB (a Tulane grad transfer). He's missed the last couple of games. If he plays and is healthy of course, I'd bet the farm and say lookout kitties.

Sac state won the big Sky by catching UM injured and then not having to play the other top teams. Didn’t play kitties, EWU or weber. Beat Northern Co By 3 and a terrible Idaho state by 2. Was drilled at home by Northern Iowa. They will lose this weekend as will ETSU and. . . Wait for it. . . The kitties. UT martin looked great beating Petrino last weekend and MSU will not have enough offense to beat UTM. The best game will be Griz against the team from the red high school stadium.

ClydeParkGriz said:
Sac state won the big Sky by catching UM injured and then not having to play the other top teams. Didn’t play kitties, EWU or weber. Beat Northern Co By 3 and a terrible Idaho state by 2. Was drilled at home by Northern Iowa. They will lose this weekend as will ETSU and. . . Wait for it. . . The kitties. UT martin looked great beating Petrino last weekend and MSU will not have enough offense to beat UTM. The best game will be Griz against the team from the red high school stadium.

Kitties only lose to UT-Martin if they have six turnovers like Mo State did.

Hope you liked the announcing duo (Shawn Kenney and Barret Brooks) for the EWU Vs. UNI 1st round match up. Because that's who we will get for the game this Friday.

https://twitter.com/shawnkenney59/status/1465126622462312451?t=rC8Ua8TDX6WGyrgNle-dCA&s=19

Bertram said:
Hope you liked the announcing duo (Shawn Kenney and Barret Brooks) for the EWU Vs. UNI 1st round match up. Because that's who we will get for the game this Friday.

https://twitter.com/shawnkenney59/status/1465126622462312451?t=rC8Ua8TDX6WGyrgNle-dCA&s=19

During the EWU - No. Iowa game the announcer said he was coming to Missoula and his partner was headed to Bozeman. Not that it matters. I am driving over and going to the game!

ClydeParkGriz said:
Neither TN Martin nor MO St. could play with MSU. Luckiest draw on the board.

While an SDSU win seems likely, I think Sac has a ton to prove to everybody this season (in addition to what happened in the same situation versus Austin Peay in ‘19). I think they win. Also, Cats aren’t losing that game unless they implode.

Back