• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recap

Cowboys84

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ncaa.com/live-updates/football/fcs/2021-ncaa-fcs-football-championship-bracket-schedule-teams&ved=2ahUKEwiwjuCznLv0AhWMWM0KHY0EBfYQFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0LZ_1g4DySGjaB6HQRkeLC
Sacred heart
Holy Cross drew 4163

Davidson
Kennisaw state drew 2764

S.f. Austin
I.c.w. drew 3448

Ucd
SDSU drew 3681

Ut Martin
Missouri State drew5072

Uni
Ewu drew 3845

Southern Illinois
South Dakota drew 3597

Famu
S.e. Louisiana drew 4125

These attendance numbers came from ESPN website, so it's not just e.w.u that suffered in attendance, but pretty much across the board in the playoffs.

The funniest thing about those numbers is the Griz will have 21,000 on Friday night and people will be complaining about fair weather fans and the number of no-shows….

GrizTexas said:
retiredpopo said:
pretty pathetic. Thanksgiving weekend hurts a bit but still pathetic.

Even if you doubled those numbers the totals would be pathetic!

well except for ewu if you doubled those numbers they would consider it a sell out lol.......

AZGrizFan said:
The funniest thing about those numbers is the Griz will have 21,000 on Friday night and people will be complaining about fair weather fans and the number of no-shows….

As much as I don't want to see it, Griz move to FBS is inevitable...

pussycatkillerz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I wish it were inevitable. I don’t know when or how we make the move. What conference? There aren’t as many opportunities out west as there are in the east and the heartland. I just don’t know what conference gives us an invite unless the Mountain west expands. Even then we’re not a shoe in.

blackfootipa said:
I can’t wrap my head around SDSU drawing only 3681 fans.

I think the loss to south Dakota a couple of weeks killed some of the fans interest... A week ago they got something like 8500 against und at home.

It's too bad, I've seen them about 4-5 times this year and when they are on their A_ game they are very tough to beat.

SaskGriz said:
We should move up as an independent. It worked for Notre Dame, BYU, and UMass. ;)

One of the biggest drawbacks of moving up is that Missoula is hard to get to and an expensive travel location. A conference guarantees a solid, consistent home schedule which is the backbone of the Griz athletic department finances. Its too bad we can't turn the clock back 90 years and latch onto what is now the Pac 12 conference where we used to play lots of games... I'm sorry but an expanded WA-GRIZ to 30K and having Washington State visit doesn't seem that far fetched (given we would have had the foresight 90 years ago)... but then again my hindsight has always been 20/20!

GrizTexas said:
SaskGriz said:
We should move up as an independent. It worked for Notre Dame, BYU, and UMass. ;)

One of the biggest drawbacks of moving up is that Missoula is hard to get to and an expensive travel location. A conference guarantees a solid, consistent home schedule which is the backbone of the Griz athletic department finances. Its too bad we can't turn the clock back 90 years and latch onto what is now the Pac 12 conference where we used to play lots of games... I'm sorry but an expanded WA-GRIZ to 30K and having Washington State visit doesn't seem that far fetched (given we would have had the foresight 90 years ago)... but then again my hindsight has always been 20/20!

We’ve always done it this way, so anything else simply cannot be done. We don’t take too kindly to new or innovative ideas. Stick to the script!

The attendance digs and gripes continue to display ignorance and is one reason others think Griz fans are arrogant douches. The EWU attendance was typical for FCS football. A large number of Griz fans continue to bitch about all typical FCS things but want to remain in FCS for one reason and one reason only...playoffs, and even still, they bitch about those.

pussycatkillerz said:
AZGrizFan said:

You mean except for the fact that they have no where to move to?

GrizTexas said:
SaskGriz said:

While I don’t agree with moving up as an independent, Missoula is no harder to get to than Corvallis, Eugene, Pullman, Boise, Colorado Springs, Gillette, Tucson, Fresno, etc., etc., etc. I just don’t understand this argument. Every SINGLE one of these cities requires (if flying commercial and not charter) either a connection through Denver/SLC/Dallas/PHX and/or a bus ride (AFTER a flight) to get to. 25 years ago this argument made sense. It no longer does.

And HHB, I am allowed to bitch about attendance because I’ve been a move-up proponent on this board for about as long as I’ve posted here. :D :D

AZGrizFan said:
GrizTexas said:

While I don’t agree with moving up as an independent, Missoula is no harder to get to than Corvallis, Eugene, Pullman, Boise, Colorado Springs, Gillette, Tucson, Fresno, etc., etc., etc. I just don’t understand this argument. Every SINGLE one of these cities requires (if flying commercial and not charter) either a connection through Denver/SLC/Dallas/PHX and/or a bus ride (AFTER a flight) to get to. 25 years ago this argument made sense. It no longer does.

And HHB, I am allowed to bitch about attendance because I’ve been a move-up proponent on this board for about as long as I’ve posted here. :D :D

Even then it is still stupid to bitch about it.

And yet so many on this board say they don’t want to play in “some meaningless toilet bowl game no one cares about”, but which in reality is attended by 31,000 and watched by millions on national television.

And yes, sodakstate and ewoooooo should be wildly embarrassed.

Back