• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Referee Group

fltheadgriz

So is it still true that during the FCS playoffs that the referee group must be from another conference than the two teams playing? If so does anyone know where the referee group is going to be from for the EWU game?
Hope they are not as bad as the BSC refs? But then again they could be calling ticky-tacky things also. Hope they are not a factor in the game.

The officials for the UNI/eastern game were from the NEC. They allowed a pretty slop game at times, which isn't to say they made BSC officials look good. It's all pigs and lipstick for our BSC crews.

I wonder how far ahead they find out where the crew is from. Different crews call many things massively different.

dupuyer griz said:
I wonder how far ahead they find out where the crew is from. Different crews call many things massively different.

Does anyone know the criteria for game day officials being selected ... curious myself as to how, who and when that all happens?

GrizTexas said:
dupuyer griz said:

Does anyone know the criteria for game day officials being selected ... curious myself as to how, who and when that all happens?

Criteria is as stated above - a conference other than Big Sky!

Dillon said:
GrizTexas said:

Criteria is as stated above - a conference other than Big Sky!

That certainly narrows it down!

EverettGriz said:
behappp said:
The crew for Griz-Cat did a good job. They let the players play.

Agreed. Best bsc (#bsc) officiated game I’ve seen in many, many years.

They should put that game on for the rest of the big sky refs for how to call a game.

dupuyer griz said:
EverettGriz said:
Agreed. Best bsc (#bsc) officiated game I’ve seen in many, many years.

They should put that game on for the rest of the big sky refs for how to call a game.
Agreed. I wish it would have been more competitive as I thought those refs really let the teams dictate the flow of the game.

I had already gave them props to a buddy but thought for sure they would call a block in the back on your return after the fake field goal. It wasn't one, and I actually loved the block, but that one had all the makings for a terrible crew to call back a game-changing play.

Easily the best officiated game I can recall the Cats have had this year.

ilovethecats said:
dupuyer griz said:
Agreed. I wish it would have been more competitive as I thought those refs really let the teams dictate the flow of the game.

I had already gave them props to a buddy but thought for sure they would call a block in the back on your return after the fake field goal. It wasn't one, and I actually loved the block, but that one had all the makings for a terrible crew to call back a game-changing play.

Easily the best officiated game I can recall the Cats have had this year.

Amen to that. THAT is the kind of shit they've pulled all year....too NOT call it took courage. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby usually knows where the crew is from by the time we get to the coaches show on Wednesday. 2 years ago during the playoffs, somebody made it a regular habit to ask Bobby what conference the officials were from and how they like to call the game. So if any of you are in Missoula and interested, go to the coaches show and have Riley ask him where the refs are from.

Back