• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Justin Roper - Holy Cross

ordigger

DONOR
Not sure I’ve seen it posted but just read that Justin Roper is in his 2nd year as Holy Cross OC

Recruiting Areas: Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina

Justin Roper is in his second year on the coaching staff at the College of the Holy Cross in 2021, serving as the offensive coordinator. He joined the Crusaders after spending the 2019 season as the quarterbacks coach at Northern Iowa.

During the Spring 2021 season, delayed from the fall of 2020 due to COVID-19, Roper helped guide Holy Cross to a Patriot League championship and an NCAA football championship subdivision berth. Freshman quarterback Matthew Sluka was named the Patriot League's Rookie of the Year, and senior offensive lineman Brian Foley was named an All-American by Stats Perform and AFCA.

During the 2019 campaign, Roper helped Northern Iowa to an overall record of 10-5 and a trip to the quarterfinals of the NCAA football championship subdivision playoffs. He was also instrumental in the development of freshman quarterback Will McElvain, who earned honorable mention All-Missouri Valley Conference honors after hitting on 203 of 382 passes for 2,778 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Prior to his time at Northern Iowa, Roper served as the offensive coordinator at Slippery Rock University from 2016-2018. He helped lead the team to an overall record of 26-10 during his three years on the staff, including an overall mark of 11-3 and a trip to the NCAA Division II quarterfinals in 2018. Roper also coached a pair of All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference quarterbacks in Tanner Garry (2017) and Roland Rivers (2018).

From 2014-2015, Roper served as the quarterbacks coach at Valdosta State University, helping the team to an overall record of 19-6 and two trips to the NCAA Division II playoffs. The Blazers’ offense averaged 439.0 total yards and 34.3 points per game during his two years on the staff, with quarterback Jake Medlock being named second team All-Gulf South Conference in 2014.

Roper began his coaching career as the running backs coach at the University of Findlay in 2013. The Oilers went 8-3 during his lone year on the staff, with running back Daiquone Ford earning All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference honors.

A former quarterback, Roper played at the University of Oregon from 2007-2008, throwing four touchdown passes in a 56-21 victory over South Florida in the 2007 Sun Bowl. He went on to play at the University of Montana from 2009-2010, helping the team to an appearance in the 2009 football championship subdivision championship game. Over the course of his collegiate career, he threw for 3,788 yards and 36 touchdowns. Roper also spent time in the Arena Football League with the Chicago Rush and the Orlando Predators, and was a member of Montana’s basketball team which advanced to the 2010 NCAA Tournament.

Roper is a 2012 graduate of Montana with a bachelor’s degree in sociology. He is married to the former Kaci Vandergrift.

Christ sake, how about being happy for him? Sounds to me, he's a winner as a coach. Instead, people run him down.

EverettGriz said:
helping the team to an appearance in the 2009 football championship subdivision championship game.

…which he had absolutely nothing to do with.

if he was a player on the team, no matter how few minutes he got in actual games, he must have played a part in their success, even if by just providing a body for practice fodder.

ordigger said:
Not sure I’ve seen it posted but just read that Justin Roper is in his 2nd year as Holy Cross OC

Justin Roper is in his second year on the coaching staff at the College of the Holy Cross in 2021, serving as the offensive coordinator. He joined the Crusaders after spending the 2019 season as the quarterbacks coach at Northern Iowa.

During the Spring 2021 season, delayed from the fall of 2020 due to COVID-19, Roper helped guide Holy Cross to a Patriot League championship and an NCAA football championship subdivision berth. Freshman quarterback Matthew Sluka was named the Patriot League's Rookie of the Year, and senior offensive lineman Brian Foley was named an All-American by Stats Perform and AFCA.

During the 2019 campaign, Roper helped Northern Iowa to an overall record of 10-5 and a trip to the quarterfinals of the NCAA football championship subdivision playoffs. He was also instrumental in the development of freshman quarterback Will McElvain, who earned honorable mention All-Missouri Valley Conference honors after hitting on 203 of 382 passes for 2,778 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Prior to his time at Northern Iowa, Roper served as the offensive coordinator at Slippery Rock University from 2016-2018. He helped lead the team to an overall record of 26-10 during his three years on the staff, including an overall mark of 11-3 and a trip to the NCAA Division II quarterfinals in 2018. Roper also coached a pair of All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference quarterbacks in Tanner Garry (2017) and Roland Rivers (2018).

From 2014-2015, Roper served as the quarterbacks coach at Valdosta State University, helping the team to an overall record of 19-6 and two trips to the NCAA Division II playoffs. The Blazers’ offense averaged 439.0 total yards and 34.3 points per game during his two years on the staff, with quarterback Jake Medlock being named second team All-Gulf South Conference in 2014.

Roper began his coaching career as the running backs coach at the University of Findlay in 2013. The Oilers went 8-3 during his lone year on the staff, with running back Daiquone Ford earning All-Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference honors.

A former quarterback, Roper played at the University of Oregon from 2007-2008, throwing four touchdown passes in a 56-21 victory over South Florida in the 2007 Sun Bowl. He went on to play at the University of Montana from 2009-2010, helping the team to an appearance in the 2009 football championship subdivision championship game. Over the course of his collegiate career, he threw for 3,788 yards and 36 touchdowns. Roper also spent time in the Arena Football League with the Chicago Rush and the Orlando Predators, and was a member of Montana’s basketball team which advanced to the 2010 NCAA Tournament.

Roper is a 2012 graduate of Montana with a bachelor’s degree in sociology. He is married to the former Kaci Vandergrift.

Ms. Maroon scooped you earlier.

Sorry, that expression is a very troubling visual.

Ursa Major said:
ordigger said:

Ms. Maroon scooped you earlier.

Sorry, that expression is a very troubling visual.

Thank you, Ursa. I think.

Holy Shit!
Where are all the boys with the "once a Griz, always a Griz" shit?

He was a young man who played his bag off for the Griz. Now he's doing well!
Wish him good luck and Go Griz or STFU.

Mr. Roper, glad you are doing what you love and thank you for your time under the "M" in Missoula.

SaskGriz said:
Holy Shit!

Mr. Roper, glad you are doing what you love and thank you for your time under the "M" in Missoula.
Happy for the guy, but after he left here when he did some combines and other stuff to try and make the NFL, he told everyone he was "Justin Roper from Oregon", so the feeling seems to be mutual.

SaskGriz said:
Holy Shit!

I’m happy for him. But I would disagree he played his balls off for UM. I don’t believe for him it was ever about the team, but rather all about him. I’ll never forget him fumbling late in a game against eastern when we were trying to rally back in a one score game. The ball was rolling at his feet, but he was clearly unwilling to dive to recover it, which he easily could have. Seemed clear to me he wasn’t about to take the personal risk.

Plus what 1112 says above. He wasn’t proud to be a GRIZ.

Always a GRIZ for sure, but let’s call a spade a spade.

EverettGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
Holy Shit!

I’m happy for him. But I would disagree he played his balls off for UM. I don’t believe for him it was ever about the team, but rather all about him. I’ll never forget him fumbling late in a game against eastern when we were trying to rally back in a one score game. The ball was rolling at his feet, but he was clearly unwilling to dive to recover it, which he easily could have. Seemed clear to me he wasn’t about to take the personal risk.

Let's just agree to disagree; "San Diego: A Whale's Vagina"

Let's just agree to disagree "San Diego; A whale's vagina"

SaskGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Let's just agree to disagree; "San Diego: A Whale's Vagina"

Let's just agree to disagree "San Diego; A whale's vagina"

Discovered by the Germans in 1904… :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb:
SaskGriz said:
Holy Shit!

Back