• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Opposing Senior QB's in Wa-Griz

blackfoot griz

Maybe it's my maroon glasses, but it seems to me that there have been a lot of stellar opposing Senior QB's that lost their final game in Wa-Griz. Aramnti Edward's and Carson Wentz come to mind. I hope the Griz can add EB to the list. Who else am I missing for the final send-off list?

Case Cookus from NAU? Can’t remember if he was a senior.

The kid from New Hampshire probably over a decade ago.

blackfoot griz said:
Maybe it's my maroon glasses, but it seems to me that there have been a lot of stellar opposing Senior QB's that lost their final game in Wa-Griz. Aramnti Edward's and Carson Wentz come to mind. I hope the Griz can add EB to the list. Who else am I missing for the final send-off list?
How do you figure Wentz? The Griz beat him in the 2015 opener, but he played in 7 more games for NDSU that season.

CDAGRIZ said:
kurtismichael said:

I’m gonna post this now and then google afterward. UNH Ricky Sanchez in 2004.

That’s who I was thinking of, but am to lazy to google.

kurtismichael said:

I guess the game against NAU was on November 4th 2017, so Cookus would of had a few games left.

kemajic said:
blackfoot griz said:
How do you figure Wentz? The Griz beat him in the 2015 opener, but he played in 7 more games for NDSU that season.

Kem, I may be wrong, but, didn't Wentz loose the last game he played in Wa-Griz?

kurtismichael said:
kurtismichael said:

I guess the game against NAU was on November 4th 2017, so Cookus would of had a few games left.

Well, both did lose their final games that were played in WAGriz…

Wasn't in Wa-Griz but they ended Rodney Landers college career at JMU in 2008 playoffs.Hopefully we will be takeing my youngest son to his first Griz game here in VA in a couple of weeks, and my oldest to his second.

Yeah, it's a weird post. Do you mean they lost the last game they played in college at WaGriz or that they lost their last chance to win a game at WGS? I'm pretty sure Carson Wentz doesn't give a rats ass about his loss in Missoula, what with beating us 30-something in the play-offs that year on his way to another National title.

SaskGriz said:
Yeah, it's a weird post. Do you mean they lost the last game they played in college at WaGriz or that they lost their last chance to win a game at WGS? I'm pretty sure Carson Wentz doesn't give a rats ass about his loss in Missoula, what with beating us 30-something in the play-offs that year on his way to another National title.

True. But that was still one of the best games ever played in Wa-Griz.

Htowngriz said:
SaskGriz said:

True. But that was still one of the best games ever played in Wa-Griz.
No argument! We were in Cassidy's in Plentywood and a massive east of the Range Griz fan hugged me and threw me half way to Culbertson. We were dancing in the streets, just saying it didn't really crush Mr.Wentz, curse him.

SaskGriz said:

Oh, it keeps him up at night, Sask. Believe you me, he’s thinking about not getting the job done on the main stage right now. ;)

CDAGRIZ said:
kurtismichael said:

I’m gonna post this now and then google afterward. UNH Ricky Sanchez in 2004.

Edit: Welp, it was Ricky Santos, and it doesn’t look like he was a senior. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/149238/ricky-santos

Well shoot, my memory is worse than I feared. I thought for sure the Griz played against Mr Santos/Sanchez at the end of his career. Looks like it was at the beginning.

blackfoot griz said:
kemajic said:

Kem, I may be wrong, but, didn't Wentz loose the last game he played in Wa-Griz?
He only played one game at Wa/Griz. But it was not his last game like Edwards. Not sure whether he was "loose."

SaskGriz said:
Wentz never played in the playoff win against Montana. Stick was the QB in that game.

Back