• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question for tonight's GFP - playoff edition

BWahlberg

DONOR
Recording tonight as usual! We're going to have a guest on, a former Griz who was on prior playoff teams to discuss and share the "inside" aspect of what a playoff week of prep looks like. Any questions or topics - hit us here!

For your former Griz guest - did you ever have to change your game week prep due to having extra travel or playing on a Friday game, and what does that look like?

For Brint (don't have to read on air) - you again said Ben Roberts instead of Mitch Roberts a podcast ago, I am going to start calling you Bert, and might have to start a realtor fan podcast just to get your name wrong on air ;)

Question for the crew - is it just me or do the playoff crowds, though typically smaller, always seem more intense and focused then the regular season crowds? Looking forward to seeing a good crowd this weekend!

I have but one "strategy" question:

Which poison do the coaches pick? Do they a) send 4 more regularly (risking NOT getting to Barriere and giving him more time to allow receivers to get open or B) throw the kitchen sink at him (kind of like they did in October) and hope to disrupt him/hit him/knock him down enough to throw him off his game, while leaving Ford, Onu, Fouch, Cotton, Hauck on islands with their stable of WR's?

Is there a different preparation that you go through when you play under the lights as opposed to a noon time game?
Since it is the playoffs, are the practices less intense physically than during the regular season? Is it more film watching and getting prepared for the next team?
When it is a team you have played already that season, do you go over the file of the game ad nauseum?

How many fuck ups does Griztix get before someone gets fired? The lack of accountability would never fly in the private sector. They'd be outta business.

As a player (offense or defense), do you think the noise really bothered the opponents? Is it that loud or are we just gloating as fans?

Will Sammy break the receiving tds record? Are you more confident/scared heading into this game or Griz/cat? What time will the first beer/drink be consumed on Friday?

No question this week, I just want to say I appreciate you guys doing the GFP. I love listening to it.

Wait. If it ensured that the Griz win the next three national championships, would you become a vegan for ten years? Full-on vegan. Can't even wear leather shoes or eat an egg.

I love the podcast and the what if games, so I’ll join in.

Unbeknownst to us you came across the devil during your travels to that portal to hell in Cheney earlier this season. He gave you the following offer and you took it in that moment of weakness after that hard fought game. What you gave up we will never know, but it must’ve been good to earn this rematch at home. So…

You can pick one and only one defensive player to have the game of his life on Friday night. The rest of the defense plays as they have all season. Who do you take knowing that could be the key to victory? Who do you want to see at 200%?

Tough choices in my mind; Jace to wreak absolute havoc, Patrick to be even more disruptive, Ford to top his other turnover efforts, Robby to have lights out coverage on top of hard hitting run support, Babros to decapitate somebody.

Eastern has had more than their share of great to elite QBs. Is EB3 the best of the best?

MIZ Maroon. ;)

Wolf777 said:

Unbeknownst to us you came across the devil during your travels to that portal to hell in Cheney earlier this season. He gave you the following offer and you took it in that moment of weakness after that hard fought game. What you gave up we will never know, but it must’ve been good to earn this rematch at home. So…

You can pick one and only one defensive player to have the game of his life on Friday night. The rest of the defense plays as they have all season. Who do you take knowing that could be the key to victory? Who do you want to see at 200%?

Tough choices in my mind; Jace to wreak absolute havoc, Patrick to be even more disruptive, Ford to top his other turnover efforts, Robby to have lights out coverage on top of hard hitting run support, Babros to decapitate somebody.

Depends on what “game of his life” means. If it means Ford having 4 INT’s, or taking Limu Emu completely out of the game,I pick him. If it means PO getting 5 sacks, I pick him.

More important for the Griz this Friday night:

Running the ball well....or....pressure on EB with 4-5 defenders?

AZGrizFan said:
Wolf777 said:

Depends on what “game of his life” means. If it means Ford having 4 INT’s, or taking Limu Emu completely out of the game,I pick him. If it means PO getting 5 sacks, I pick him.

Purely a better than he’s ever had before. For example, Ford against the cats, shutting down their number 1 and a scoop and score might be his best actual overall game, so you’d get that and whatever bonus you might receive(I.e. another INT, or FF) But the second, third and fourth receivers are better for EWU than MSU, so would you rather roll with his god given abilities and standard of play and elevate someone else’s game to make the defense better as a whole.

I for one wouldn’t want to be across the line if PO at a level higher than he’s been playing this year. 😉

Pretty new to the podcast but I think you all do a great job. I think Cole Grossman is just a tough matchup for any defense. I would love to see the Griz get him the ball more. He was a relief valve of sorts for Kris Brown. He could do the same for Cam. Bootlegs, screens and any quick stuff etc. What are your thoughts?

Back