• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Round 2 Matchups - Very Different

HookedonGriz

DONOR
The committee definitely did us or EWU no favors with a marquee match up in the 2nd round:

2nd round matchups with final STATS rankings

Shsu - 1 vs UIW - 13

Msu - 7 vs UT Martin - 16

Villanova - 6 vs Holy Cross 24

Sac st - 8 vs SDSU - 11

NDSU - 3 vs SIU - 21

ETSU - 9 vs Kenn St - 10

Montana - 5 vs EWU - 4

JMU - 2 vs SELA - 18

One of these things is not like the others. A 4 vs 5 in Round 2 should be illegal.

Gotta beat the best to be the best but pretty eye-opening.

I mean some of these other matchups will be 2-3 score favorites.

Remember what we did to SELA last year?

They need to start seeding entire bracket to make this work right.

HookedonGriz said:
I mean some of these other matchups will be 2-3 score favorites.

Remember what we did to SELA last year?

They need to start seeding entire bracket to make this work right.
Yep.

The only other somewhat comparable matchup is #9 ETSU vs #10 Kennesaw State.

I am not disappointed in the slightest. I have been hoping for this game since October 2. I would rather see EWU at home after a week off for the Griz. No more tune-up games should be necessary.

Not a lot of sympathy for Sac. They got the 4 seed despite only playing 2 good teams all year, one of which was decimated by injuries.

Just like us, they have the chance to prove their level on the field.

Sure would suck to win the BSC and go 0-fer two years in a row, though. :coffee:

goatcreekgriz said:
The OP lists two teams ranked 4 and two teams ranked 5. Not sure it makes sense how STATS does its stats, either.

My bad Sac finished at 8 In FCS rankings and Villanova finished 6. Accidentally crossed up some final rankings with seeds. Fixed it

uofmman1122 said:
Not a lot of sympathy for Sac. They got the 4 seed despite only playing 2 good teams all year, one of which was decimated by injuries.

Just like us, they have the chance to prove their level on the field.

Sure would suck to win the BSC and go 0-fer two years in a row, though. :coffee:

i don't feel sorry for sac state, they are a very good team, the best the griz played this year, i thought, even with their odd qb situation. they can handle the issue.

Back