• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2nd time around

garizzalies

The Griz played Dweeber St. two times in the same year in 2008 and again last year. We split both times. First time was a good split (we won the important game) but last year was a bad split.

I think we get a good split this year because, like 2008, we’re at home. Also feels like beating a team twice can be hard; and the loser has an advantage in the second game.

I liked coach Hauck’s quote about playing twice:

It was nice to have Thanksgiving week off and to have the opportunity to go back and review what was a dominating performance in our Week 11 game and we had some time to watch our 73rd win over our rivals. We have had a couple of days prep on Eastern. It’s always interesting playing the same team twice. It’s interest, unique in college football. It doesn’t happen very often.

The first time we played them, it was a good game. They got us. Barriere is still a great player and will be hard to stop...should be a great game Friday night. Need our crowd there and riled up. Should be a lot of fun.
*I also loved the bit about dominating win #73 against a “rival”. He won’t say it.

He said it on the inside the den podcast. First time I've ever heard him name the neighbors since he arrived in 2003.

Eastern Washington’s pass attack as seemed to tamed down the second half of the season. The were throwing up huge numbers and a lot of points. Not so much now. Are other teams figuring them out more or what? Idaho was with them to the end and the game was at EWU.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Eastern Washington’s pass attack as seemed to tamed down the second half of the season. The were throwing up huge numbers and a lot of points. Not so much now. Are other teams figuring them out more or what? Idaho was with them to the end and the game was at EWU.
Huh? EWU was ahead of Idaho 29-7 at the first quarter and never looked back, beating Idaho in every quarter on the way to a 71-21 beatdown. They were 50 ahead to the end of the game.

As it relates to the trend you seem to see in their passing attack, if there is a trend, I don't see it. What I do see is a normal correlation to the quality of opponent.

1. 374, 3 TDs, UNLV
2. 322, 2 TDs, CWU
3. 548, 6 TDs, WIU
4. 554, 4 TDs, SUU
5. 422, 2 TDs, UM
6. 357, 3 TDs, UNC
7. 624, 8 TDs, Idaho
8. 245, 2 TDs, Weber
9. 214, 2 TDs, MSU
10. 414, 3 TDs, UCD
11. 320, 5 TDs, PSU
12. 283, 1 TD, UNI