• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lunch

what do you like? Highlander brewery just off I90 at Reserve has good beer and good pizza by the slice and great salads. Some people love the Montana Club also just off I90 at reserve

clawman said:
Can you recommend a good local restaurant for lunch tomorrow?
Thanks

Sure, I got you covered.
Buffalo Wild Wings (basically a wing place).
If you want authentic Mexican, there’s Cafe Rio and Chipotle.
For Italian, head on over to Mod Pizza or Little Caesars.
For sandwiches, the possibilities are endless. There’s Subway, Firehouse, and Jimmy’s John’s.
For breakfast food, I recommend IHOP or Denny’s.
For sushi, take the Reserve St exit, turn around, and drive until you see salt water.

Hopefully, this gives you a good Taste of Missoula!

Fiesta En Jalisco is a quality Mexican food restaurant. Off of I-90 on north reserve st.

And is owned by a local family here in town.

Moe Club for a pepper Jack burger :thumb:
look sharp and you'll catch Lil' stevie rushing out the back door scratching his ass
:thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
clawman said:
Can you recommend a good local restaurant for lunch tomorrow?
Thanks

Sure, I got you covered.
For sandwiches, the possibilities are endless. There’s Subway, Firehouse, and Jimmy’s John’s.
For sushi, take the Reserve St exit, turn around, and drive until you see salt water.

El Cazador and Fiesta en Jalisco (there are two of each one) are much more AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurants than chains like Chipotle or Cafe Rio.
I would also suggest James Bar, either of the Montana Clubs or Stone of Accord.

retiredpopo said:
what do you like? Highlander brewery just off I90 at Reserve has good beer and good pizza by the slice and great salads. Some people love the Montana Club also just off I90 at reserve

I don't think Highlander opens until 5 pm.

Bear Axed said:
Moe Club for a pepper Jack burger :thumb:
look sharp and you'll catch Lil' stevie rushing out the back door scratching his ass
:thumb:

Funny thing, that.. That video a few years back of Lil Dill at a practice at Dornblaser, scratching his ass while he was talking to a long haired kid..

I should have known it was the Dill by the smell of pickles on his breath..

Desperado on Russell! Best wings in town! Otherwise, downtown at the Tamarack. Great food and incredible microbrews.

'68griz said:
retiredpopo said:

I don't think Highlander opens until 5 pm.

I dunno i get pretty messed up on time these days but I swear I hit it about noon or shortly there after. but for sure it is open at noon....heck you could stop by and say hi, beat up motorhome with the sewer hose running into the street drain ala cousin eddy.....

Too many potential variables left off the OP to answer effectively: wife who prefers nicer places?; kids?; guys looking for burgers and brews?

That said, Missoula has some of the best food for a town it’s size I’ve ever been in. A slew of great options

'68griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Sure, I got you covered.

El Cazador and Fiesta en Jalisco (there are two of each one) are much more AUTHENTIC Mexican restaurants than chains like Chipotle or Cafe Rio.
I would also suggest James Bar, either of the Montana Clubs or Stone of Accord.

Whoosh! There goes the joke.

If you like real Greek gyros the one on Orange Street right a cross from The Orange Street Foodmart and there's one over by the Griz soccer fields right next to a Domino's.

Griz90 said:
If you like real Greek gyros the one on Orange Street right a cross from The Orange Street Foodmart and there's one over by the Griz soccer fields right next to a Domino's.

best one is at Northgate, Ambrosia. Acropolis the one on south and higgins used to be the best when John the greek owned it but it is not the same.. damn making me hungry for a gyro with feta..

Back