• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB depth going into spring

mtgrizrule

Here's what I expect.

Patterson enters spring as qb1, until Johnson gets familiar with players and system.
Johnson and Britt to gradually gain reps.

Come fall, Johnson emerges as 1. Patterson and Britt to get situational in game reps. Johnson to be a Sneed level starter. Come 2023, Britt to be ready to take the starting reigns, and 3 year starter.

Barring a dramatic mental improvement from Brown, he's likely the odd man out.

Thoughts, opinions?

I envision NO scenario where Patterson is #1 QB, no matter how early into Johnson’s time here. Britt will be #1 if that’s the case, IMHO.

Johnson is brought here to be #1; it will happen quickly. Johnson and Knight will be limited in the spring. I expect to see Brown in the portal. Britt groomed as the heir apparent; he'll see a lot of reps in the spring.

kemajic said:
Johnson is brought here to be #1; it will happen quickly. Johnson and Knight will be limited in the spring. I expect to see Brown in the portal. Britt groomed as the heir apparent; he'll see a lot of reps in the spring.

This

kemajic said:

Exactly.

kemajic said:

Agree with every word.

I agree, come fall, Johnson is THE MAN! He came here to start this season. This allows for a smooth transition to Britt to mature another year, then start in 2023. Terrific planning, in my opinion.

The question is, how long will it take Huot to be ready and contend? That's usually a 1 to 3 year progression for qbs. There are some exceptions though. We'll see.

As for Brown, rumor is, he's willing to bulk up, and learn TE.

I'm stoked for spring ball. It's fun watching a qb transition. Makes things interesting. I'll be surprised, if we bring in another qb.

This season shows, just as the Cats proved yet again today, that you need at least two quality quarterbacks.

I hope Britt is ready to go next season. If not, I hope HelenaHandBasket is right…

There will still be another QB coming like Carson Baker, or JUCO Jake Jensen. Both would fill a 2nd veteran that potentially could also play, Baker has 2 more years left, Assume the same with Jensen who was walk on at BYU prior to JUCO. Vidlak has 3 years left also

ordigger said:
There will still be another QB coming like Carson Baker, or JUCO Jake Jensen. Both would fill a 2nd veteran that potentially could also play, Baker has 2 more years left, Assume the same with Jensen who was walk on at BYU prior to JUCO. Vidlak has 3 years left also

That's playing with fire 🔥. Especially, if the staff is high on Britt being the future. It could also negatively impact team chemistry.

If they bring in another qb, that doesn'took good for Britt.

mtgrizrule said:
ordigger said:

That's playing with fire 🔥. Especially, if the staff is high on Britt being the future. It could also negatively impact team chemistry.

Saying it plays with team chemistry is ridiculous. Every player on the team is on the edge of getting cut. That’s how Bobby Hauck programs work. If you want to leave, please do.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizrule said:

Saying it plays with team chemistry is ridiculous. Every player on the team is on the edge of getting cut. That’s how Bobby Hauck programs work. If you want to leave, please do.

Hard to adjust and or leave when you're new to the team. Just saying, too many qbs, more than 4 could go the other way. This generation isn't wired the same.

mtgrizrule said:
ordigger said:

Bobby likes 1 per class. Get the best available.

Btw Rosey is still reaching out to new qbs in the portal. Ask yourself why.

Back