• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

State of Origin - California

SaskGriz

DONOR
California

WR: Marvin Turk, Jabin Sambrano
WR: Etu Molden, Jefferson Heidelberger
TE: Robert Overton, Micah Ashton
T: Charles Burton, Kevin Good
T: Payton Stoner, Dallas Hart
G: Angel Villanueva, Trevor Crogan
G: Cole Sain
C: Cody Meyer, Jeff Marshall
QB: Cole Berquist, Scott Werblow
RB: Jordan Canada, Jeremy Calhoun
RB: Justin Green, Marcus Knight

DE: Joe Babros, Herbert Fernandez
DT: Scott Camper, Alex Gubner
DT: Tyrone Duncan, Alan Saenz
DE: Bobby Alt, Vika Faatuiese

LB: Herbert Gamboa, Demidric Cooks
LB: Mike McGowan, Jeremiah Kose
LB: Matt Steinau, Nick Vella

CB: Jimmy Wilson, Keith Thompson
CB: Trumaine Johnson, Quinton Richardson
S: Trey Young, Justin Strong
S: Dave Decoite, Yamen Sanders

P: Adam Wilson, Steven Shaw
K: Tim Semenza
LS: Matthew O'Donaghue, Aaron Held
KR: Malik Flowers, Travon Van
PR: Jefferson Heidelberger, Jabin Sambrano

Thank you for doing all of these, man. These are really cool to look at.

Those long snappers are lit! CA vs. WA would be fun. My only question is who gets the Hawaiians?

Geddes said:
Thank you for doing all of these, man. These are really cool to look at.

Those long snappers are lit! CA vs. WA would be fun. My only question is who gets the Hawaiians?
The Hawaiians were part of the "Best of The Rest" team along with Alaskans, and sadly a small number of Canadians. (The Griz don't recruit up here enough and we don't do a good enough job of marketing our players down there) :x

D-Line — Yowza!
RB’s - that is some talent right there
CB’s - Best (and untoppable) list yet

This team and the WA team would be fun to watch play…

Must say I was expecting a little more, mostly due to an assumption that ALL of our skill players come from Cali. Definitely the best CB group of any team.

Marty Mornhinweg should be at the top of the QB list. He has to be one of the most underrated players ever to play for the the Griz. He led the Griz to the 1982 BSC championship. This was a time period that had great teams in the BSC. Boise State (1980) and Idaho State (1981) were coming off National championships and Idaho with Dennis Erickson were always very tough. Let us not forget about Nevada which would win the championship in 1990. I was teammates with Marty and Scott Werbelow. Scott was a good QB but not in the same league as Marty.

. "Our heart\ soul will come from Wisconsin. Our hands and feet better come from somewhere else" Barry Alvarez

02Grizzly said:
Marty Mornhinweg should be at the top of the QB list. He has to be one of the most underrated players ever to play for the the Griz. He led the Griz to the 1982 BSC championship. This was a time period that had great teams in the BSC. Boise State (1980) and Idaho State (1981) were coming off National championships and Idaho with Dennis Erickson were always very tough. Let us not forget about Nevada which would win the championship in 1990. I was teammates with Marty and Scott Werbelow. Scott was a good QB but not in the same league as Marty.
I only looked at players that I've seen play, so 1985 onward. Scott was still at school but Marty was gone. No doubt there would be lots of players going back decades and decades but I didn't think it would be fair to just speculate on something that is mostly already speculation, so that's how I did it.

SaskGriz said:
02Grizzly said:
I only looked at players that I've seen play, so 1985 onward. Scott was still at school but Marty was gone. No doubt there would be lots of players going back decades and decades but I didn't think it would be fair to just speculate on something that is mostly already speculation, so that's how I did it.

So that's why my boy, T.J. Juckson isn't getting any play? Makes sense, I guess...

Back