• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jerome Souers Candidate for MSU-N

get'em_griz

DONOR
Looks like Jerome is a candidate for the vacant head coaching job at MSU Northern.

https://www.havredailynews.com/story/2022/01/13/sports/jerome-souers-hopes-to-bring-northern-arizona-success-to-msu-n/536905.html?fbclid=IwAR2vnSNknWIfDTOv9UbziuQCpkiDAduyQv0_Kq8HZ1koZdBhxAH-A0j9lz8

ha. A relative of mine just interviewed for that job…..let’s just put it this way. If SOUERS is in the mix, my relative ain’t got a chance.

Souers will be 64 in May. You'd have to wonder how many more years he'll want to carry around a laminated playsheet. I mean, the guy is not the picture of health.

EverettGriz said:
Souers will be 64 in May. You'd have to wonder how many more years he'll want to carry around a laminated playsheet. I mean, the guy is not the picture of health.
Fat-shaming much?

Hey, I bet you, any of you, look like shit compared to 25-30 years ago. He's always been 'portly.' No one could say that of me, however. I've burned any pictures of me long ago.
On a serious note, I understand his wanting to get back into the game, looking for a real challenge, but at what cost? JFC! Havre?!!! NMC is the armpit of the Frontier Conference. Butte is the a**hole due to the physical presence of the Pit, but HAVRE?!!!!! This is a program that hires high school coaches. Without knowing any of the other candidates, Souers is the most qualified, hands down, no comparison. This is like Bobby Petrino falling from Arkansas and landing in Missouri State, only at a different level. I really hope they hire him, as it will give me a reason to follow Frontier Conference Football. NMC would be foolish to wait ten minutes on this hire.

Didn't want to start a new thread. What are the least desirable HC positions in Division I? (Yes, I know MSUN isn't in the NCAA). I'm going with North Dakota or Southern Utah to start.

Cowboys84 said:
The school at the bottom of a hill in foggy meth-a-zoola....

Litigation u...

Hmmmmmm......wasn't it one of the scat coaches and a few players who were actually busted dealing meth? But.....carry on!

I hope he gets it. Jerome is one of the best people I have ever known. If nothing more he will be a great model for any kid coming into the program. I don't think you could find a better example of someone to emulate in one's formative years. I also think he is a good coach.

Cowboys84 said:

Litigation u...

Yes, which explains why MSU had to get to their SIXTH choice before someone said “yes” to the HC position…. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Litigation u...

Yes, which explains why MSU had to get to their SIXTH choice before someone said “yes” to the HC position…. :lol: :lol:

People forget that the current Bobcat HC wasn't the first, second, third, fourth, or fifth choice they had. It was a total desperation hire. I wonder if it would've been different if that guy who was AD for 18 hours before his wife was like, "Get us the fuck out of here" would've been in control of the process. No Bobcat program even lost a game when he was at the helm. Guy loved it there:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

3-7-77 said:
Hey, I bet you, any of you, look like shit compared to 25-30 years ago. He's always been 'portly.' No one could say that of me, however. I've burned any pictures of me long ago.
On a serious note, I understand his wanting to get back into the game, looking for a real challenge, but at what cost? JFC! Havre?!!! NMC is the armpit of the Frontier Conference. Butte is the a**hole due to the physical presence of the Pit, but HAVRE?!!!!! This is a program that hires high school coaches. Without knowing any of the other candidates, Souers is the most qualified, hands down, no comparison. This is like Bobby Petrino falling from Arkansas and landing in Missouri State, only at a different level. I really hope they hire him, as it will give me a reason to follow Frontier Conference Football. NMC would be foolish to wait ten minutes on this hire.

A serious note? First of all, Bobby Petrino’s son played QB at Northern, at least until his uncle (Coach Samson) benched him. Second, Souers as I recall has Native American roots and would be a great fit up in Havre — remember him burning sweetgrass at UM? Third, I’ll donate to the program and even go to games if he is hired - Northern has a new stadium, thanks in large part to Mike Tillman (remember him?). This would be great.

AZGrizFan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Litigation u...

We will see if Lucas "Trey" johnson can do what vigen did in his first year and lead his team to the national championship game his first year.

Coach bobby knows it better be Trey because there's no one else currently in the quarterback room capable of getting the gris there...

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

We will see if Lucas "Trey" johnson can do what vigen did in his first year and lead his team to the national championship game his first year.

Coach bobby knows it better be Trey because there's no one else currently in the quarterback room capable of getting the gris there...

Is it “oof-da”? Oof-da, tough look for you here.
🤡🚗🎭🎥

Back