• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jayden Dawson Commits!!!!

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Big time pick up! First team all big sky DB! Shut down corner to go along with Ford!

https://twitter.com/dawson_jayden/status/1482449059910537216?s=21

HookedonGriz said:
Big time pick up! First team all big sky DB! Shut down corner to go along with Ford!

The BSC website has him as honorable mention.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:

First team in the Spring season.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:

Was 1st team in spring and HM in fall.

Prior to Idaho State: 2013 CIF Southern Section Champion … 2016 first-team all-Sunbelt League as a defensive back … 2016 first-team all-county … 2017 Sunbelt Defensive Player of the Year … 2016 and 2017 All-CIF Southern Section DB … 2018 second-team Frontier Conference DB … 2018 Academic All-Conference … 2019 second-team Mountain League DB

kemajic said:
WaGriz4life said:
Trajon Cotton and Corbin Walker can’t wait to compete with him too. Our secondary is ridiculous
Walker still has a lot to learn.

Yea seems to be a little inconsistent…..I think our next stud CB is going to be Autjoe Soe. I know staff is high on him and when he came in this year against ewu he looked great.

HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
Walker still has a lot to learn.

Yea seems to be a little inconsistent…..I think our next stud CB is going to be Autjoe Soe. I know staff is high on him and when he came in this year against ewu he looked great.

Cotton it sounds like will stay at safety and compete with Fouch for reps. I like Walker and Soe so I don’t think any transfer coming in even if they have all conference accolades will be given the job. They have to earn it with this staff. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of them a starter heading into least the first game. Heck it took Ford getting 4 picks before they listed him as a starter. I think they all play and rotate a bit.

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:

Cotton it sounds like will stay at safety and compete with Fouch for reps. I like Walker and Soe so I don’t think any transfer coming in even if they have all conference accolades will be given the job. They have to earn it with this staff. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of them a starter heading into least the first game. Heck it took Ford getting 4 picks before they listed him as a starter. I think they all play and rotate a bit.
Depends on whether they're available for spring ball. Maybe you can indicate what Walker has done to so solidify a spot, other than such an inadequate backup for Hicks-Onu.

kemajic said:
dayday said:
Depends on whether they're available for spring ball. Maybe you can indicate what Walker has done to so solidify a spot, other than such an inadequate backup for Hicks-Onu.
He had a rough night at JMU but graded out well this year according to Hauck. I know they really like him.

WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
He had a rough night at JMU but graded out well this year according to Hauck. I know they really like him.
He didn't grade out so well on MSU's only TD either. I think they like his tackling; a long way to go on coverage.

kemajic said:
WaGriz4life said:
He didn't grade out so well on MSU's only TD either. I think they like his tackling; a long way to go on coverage.

Hauck on his coaching show for several weeks at the end of the year gave him multiple shout outs. Especially during the Eastern playoff game. They are very high on him. He ended up getting some more reps from Hicks-Onu at the end. Sometimes when they are throwing towards Ford and not towards Walker it means he’s covering well. So I’m just saying he’s very much in the discussion for starter reps.

Back