• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

State Of Origins - Play In Game - Arizona vs BOTR

SaskGriz

DONOR
Lewistown Mt: Golden Eagle Stadium (Center of the State; a homefield for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada)
Attendance: Packed but a few empty seats in the visitor’s section as some Arizonans still had to work on MLK day.
Best Food at the Tailgate: Tex-Mex Cooked in-the-Ground roast pork with a maple syrup/ wild blueberry glaze.

ARIZONA
Strengths: experienced offensive line, QB, a couple of RB’s who can pound that ball, Macia’s FG’s.
Weaknesses: No receiver has ever played a snap, let alone caught a ball. DL beyond Davidson is sub par.

BOTR
Strengths: QB, TB, better than average receivers, special teams and three stud defensive linemen.
Weaknesses: Outside of the three offensive linemen and one linebacker the defense lacks almost any experience at all.

Scoring
1st 03:16 ARIZONA – Moore, Dan 7 yd run (Macias, Kevin kick), 7-0
2nd 05:15 BOTR – Raul Pacheco 12 yd pass from Ah-Yat, Brian (McKnight, Brody kick) 7-7
2nd 02:30 BOTR – Kabunoc, Shannon 75 yd punt return (McKnight, Brody kick) 7-14
2nd 00:01 ARIZONA – Moore, Dan 87 yd pass from Sneed (Macias, Kevin kick) 14-14
3rd 12:00 BOTR – Humphrey, Yohance 18 yd run (McKnight, Brody kick) 14-21
3rd 06:27 ARIZONA – Macias, Kevin 49 yd field goal 17-21
4th 14:22 BOTR- Humphrey, Yohance 11 yd pass from Ah-Yat, Brian (McKnight, Brody kick) 17-28
4th 00:01 ARIZONA- Counts, Joey 1 yd run (2pt Convert, Sneed, Dalton run) 26-28

Arizona Passing: BOTR Passing:
Sneed, Dalton 1-4, 87 yds, TD Ah-Yat, Brian 27-34, 301, 2 TDs

Arizona Rushing BOTR Rushing
Moore, Dan 26-116- TD Humphrey, Yohance 22-102 TD
Sneed, Dalton 13-72 Trent McKinney 4-21
Joey Counts 11-34 TD Reggie Bradshaw 1-1
Brian Ah-Yat 3-4

Arizona Receiving BOTR Receiving
Moore, Dan 1-87 TD Pacheco, Raul 11-121 TD
Cabunoc, Shannon 7-90
White, Keelen 6 – 65
Humphrey, Yohance 3-26 TD

Highlights
Dan Moore’s 87 yard catch and run included a spectacular hurdle that left Marcus Hee wondering why he ever took the field for the Griz and then remembering that he didn’t.
Brody McKnight’s rugby style punting kept Arizona hemmed in all afternoon, the lack of a returner really hurt the men from The Grand Canyon State.
It was apparent from the get-go that Arizona could not throw the ball, this allowed BOTR to pack the box which made for a long afternoon for Sneed, Moore, and Counts.
Joey Count’s last second fourth and goal burst from the one was reminiscent of another moment.

Post-game interview with Canadian All-American Larry Clarkson;
“Yeah, no, that was a heck of a contest. We fought for every meter, and kilogram for kilogram that Dan Moore is a beast.”

Sask already in midseason form, I see.

Classic. “Wondering why he ever took the field for the Griz, then remembering that he didn’t”….

BOTR DT's are too stout for Moore to accumulate that many yards. Bryant (beast) and Takai would clog the middle lanes forcing AZ to run it outside the tackles, and as good as Dan was, he wouldn't have the speed to go for that many, and no way does he out rush Yo, who would likely run for 150+. Ah-Yat would have a field day no matter who he was throwing against also. I don't think this game would be that close.

Hey Sask, what streaming service are the games on? We don’t get the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation down here in Alabama. I think it’s been outlawed here due to all the pro-communist programs.

GoldStandardGriz said:
BOTR DT's are too stout for Moore to accumulate that many yards. Bryant (beast) and Takai would clog the middle lanes forcing AZ to run it outside the tackles, and as good as Dan was, he wouldn't have the speed to go for that many, and no way does he out rush Yo, who would likely run for 150+. Ah-Yat would have a field day no matter who he was throwing against also. I don't think this game would be that close.
I thought about that; my thinking was that Arizona's line especially 4 of the 5 starters are awfully good, and behind Bryant, Takai and Stadnyk (by far the best player on either team because he's from Saskatchewan, :lol: ), BOTR has hardly anybody who saw more than a handful of snaps and a few who never played a single down. Yo has fewer yards only because his attack is more balanced so he wasn't needed as much.

SaskGriz said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
I thought about that; my thinking was that Arizona's line especially 4 of the 5 starters are awfully good, and behind Bryant, Takai and Stadnyk (by far the best player on either team because he's from Saskatchewan, :lol: ), BOTR has hardly anybody who saw more than a handful of snaps and a few who never played a single down. Yo has fewer yards only because his attack is more balanced so he wasn't needed as much.
Yeah, my post was pure reflex. I went back and looked at the rosters again and think your result is probably closer to the truth. I just love me some Yo and Ah-Yat. Thanks for doing this btw, it's a fun way to pass the time.

SaskGriz said:
Lewistown Mt: Golden Eagle Stadium (Center of the State; a homefield for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada)
Attendance: Packed but a few empty seats in the visitor’s section as some Arizonans still had to work on MLK day.
Best Food at the Tailgate: Tex-Mex Cooked in-the-Ground roast pork with a maple syrup/ wild blueberry glaze.

ARIZONA
Strengths: experienced offensive line, QB, a couple of RB’s who can pound that ball, Macia’s FG’s.
Weaknesses: No receiver has ever played a snap, let alone caught a ball. DL beyond Davidson is sub par.

BOTR
Strengths: QB, TB, better than average receivers, special teams and three stud defensive linemen.
Weaknesses: Outside of the three offensive linemen and one linebacker the defense lacks almost any experience at all.

Scoring
2nd 05:15 BOTR – Raul Pacheco 12 yd pass from Ah-Yat, Brian (McKnight, Brody kick) 7-7
4th 14:22 BOTR- Humphrey, Yohance 11 yd pass from Ah-Yat, Brian (McKnight, Brody kick) 17-28

Brian Ah-Yat 3-4

Cabunoc, Shannon 7-90
White, Keelen 6 – 65

Highlights
Dan Moore’s 87 yard catch and run included a spectacular hurdle that left Marcus Hee wondering why he ever took the field for the Griz and then remembering that he didn’t.
Brody McKnight’s rugby style punting kept Arizona hemmed in all afternoon, the lack of a returner really hurt the men from The Grand Canyon State.
It was apparent from the get-go that Arizona could not throw the ball, this allowed BOTR to pack the box which made for a long afternoon for Sneed, Moore, and Counts.
Joey Count’s last second fourth and goal burst from the one was reminiscent of another moment.

“Yeah, no, that was a heck of a contest. We fought for every meter, and kilogram for kilogram that Dan Moore is a beast.”

What game are you using? I know Action PC has some FCS Griz teams but not all

ordigger said:
SaskGriz said:

ARIZONA

BOTR

Scoring

Brian Ah-Yat 3-4

Cabunoc, Shannon 7-90
White, Keelen 6 – 65

Highlights

What game are you using? I know Action PC has some FCS Griz teams but not all
Is "Pulling It Out of My Ass" a game? Just makin' it up.

Back