• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Potential new FCS Championship stadium site?

Brother Bear

Strictly a hypothetical, but I would like to see this location and stadium get involved to host the FCS Championship the next time the bidding comes up.
I'm sure Frisco does a great job and maybe they will never move it from there. No idea when the contract is up for bids again, I'm sure the challenge is getting sites
to bid that have viable (big enough) stadiums and the people to do the work.... but....

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/01/17/In-Depth/Snapdragon.aspx

Okay, maybe the Griz can just get on their schedule and play the Aztecs. Would be great if we had some connections to make that happen :D

Neat stadium! The issue I have with Frisco and probably here too is cost. The cost of hotels, game tickets and airlines is ridiculous to Frisco and just imagine Southern California prices? I would like to see the National Championship game held in Las Vegas. Cheap travel, cheap hotels, plenty of accommodations for all fans. Not a small soccer stadium where there are only so many seats.

I too, agree with Las Vegas making a ton of sense. I think the Big Sky Conference messed up by not bringing their conference basketball tournament to Vegas like all the other conferences did. Nothing is exciting about Boise. I would have preferred the the #1 seed at end of year gets to host the basketball tournament rather than Boise being picked as the site. In any event, Frisco stadium probably works when NDSU doesn't play in the game. I'm sure it all comes down to willingness to host and Frisco was the best of the options bidding.

Brother Bear said:
I too, agree with Las Vegas making a ton of sense. I think the Big Sky Conference messed up by not bringing their conference basketball tournament to Vegas like all the other conferences did. Nothing is exciting about Boise. I would have preferred the the #1 seed at end of year gets to host the basketball tournament rather than Boise being picked as the site. In any event, Frisco stadium probably works when NDSU doesn't play in the game. I'm sure it all comes down to willingness to host and Frisco was the best of the options bidding.

Weren’t they about to play they BSC tourney in a Sacramento cafeteria a few years back? Can’t remember the specifics or what actually happened, but I know it was set to be a CCAS.

How about Albuquerque? UNM stadium is not horrible. Flights and hotels are pretty cheap and it would give New Mexico a chance to see some good football for a change. The only drawback is your car will probably get stolen while you're here but hey you can't have everything.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/out-of-state-couple-warns-others-after-car-is-broken-into-at-albuquerque-hotel/6361735/

(I'm waiting for AZ to say Cruces would be better in 3...2...1...) 😁

CDAGRIZ said:
Brother Bear said:

Weren’t they about to play they BSC tourney in a Sacramento cafeteria a few years back? Can’t remember the specifics or what actually happened, but I know it was set to be a CCAS.
Ya they were gonna like it play it in a ballroom at like a nearby hotel up until Sac choked the final week of the regular season.

Da Boyz Mom said:
How about Albuquerque? UNM stadium is not horrible. Flights and hotels are pretty cheap and it would give New Mexico a chance to see some good football for a change. The only drawback is your car will probably get stolen while you're here but hey you can't have everything.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/out-of-state-couple-warns-others-after-car-is-broken-into-at-albuquerque-hotel/6361735/

Da Boyz Mom... Do you live in New Mexico? If so I have some questions about real estate in the Deming area...

Brother Bear said:
The Big Sky is the only west coast conference that doesn't host their tournament in Vegas. Even the Big West and WAC host theirs in Vegas. It's literally everyone except for us. I get why they like Boise, it's close enough for like 5-6 teams to drive which leads to higher attendance, and the arenas nice but I just love the concept of all the west coast conferences all being together in Vegas.

SACCAT66 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Da Boyz Mom... Do you live in New Mexico? If so I have some questions about real estate in the Deming area...

I watched Breaking Bad, so I'm practically a local who can probably answer most of your questions. One word of advice: stay away from Skyler White. Major wet blanket, and she smoked when she was pregnant.

Griz til I die said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ya they were gonna like it play it in a ballroom at like a nearby hotel up until Sac choked the final week of the regular season.

That's right! Thank you kindly.

Da Boyz Mom said:

:hater: :argue: :butt: :censored: :protesst:

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

I watched Breaking Bad, so I'm practically a local who can probably answer most of your questions. One word of advice: stay away from Skyler White. Major wet blanket, and she smoked when she was pregnant.

Long story short, I was offered 2 acres outside of Deming, for about $300... My wife is not keen on my idea of Sombrero wearing Mini Donkeys, and cooking chicken on rocks, as a great way to spend a couple weeks.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Long story short, I was offered 2 acres outside of Deming, for about $300... My wife is not keen on my idea of Sombrero wearing Mini Donkeys, and cooking chicken on rocks, as a great way to spend a couple weeks.

Buy the land. It's an up-and-coming area. From my vast experience of watching Netflix, you'll get into cooking rocks. Find yourself a Pinkman, a Badger, and a Skinny Pete.

Griz til I die said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It was a yoga studio on campus, actually:

If the Hornets had won Saturday and hosted the Big Sky, they would have been forced to play in a makeshift gym in the campus Wellness Center. The Nest, the dismal 1,200-seat gym where Sac State plays its games, is unfit to host a big tournament with ESPN televising the championship game next Saturday night.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/marcos-breton/article12973388.html

Actual picture (I swear to god I'm not making this up):

large-entry36-original_1097_617_s.jpg

This fucking conference is so embarrassing.

EverettGriz said:
Griz til I die said:

It was a yoga studio on campus, actually:

If the Hornets had won Saturday and hosted the Big Sky, they would have been forced to play in a makeshift gym in the campus Wellness Center. The Nest, the dismal 1,200-seat gym where Sac State plays its games, is unfit to host a big tournament with ESPN televising the championship game next Saturday night.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/marcos-breton/article12973388.html

Actual picture (I swear to god I'm not making this up):

large-entry36-original_1097_617_s.jpg

This f###[#] conference is so embarrassing.
Damn I would've actually paid big money to see this setup on ESPN :lol: Everett can you refresh my memory and tell me what year this was? The article is behind a pay wall.

It was 2015. Foolerton should have kissed TDC's shoes upon his arrival in Missoula by saving him the embarrassment of having his tournament held in a yoga studio.

You may recall it was the next year when the bsc went to a neutral site for the tournament.

You'd have thought they did that to avoid embarrassing situations like this from occurring. But nah, no one in the bsc gave a shit about being humiliated on national television. Rather, most of the schools were pissed because they didn't have the money in their athletic budget to pay the few hundred in additional airfare it cost to fly into Missoula as opposed to Sacto.

So we got reno. Yay.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

Buy the land. It's an up-and-coming area. From my vast experience of watching Netflix, you'll get into cooking rocks. Find yourself a Pinkman, a Badger, and a Skinny Pete.
35 miles from the border is not very far.

SACCAT66 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

I'm not sure I should admit to living here but it's a poorly guarded secret so yes. I think I've been to Deming once. I like it about the same as I like Las Cruces which is to say not so much. But I'm biased since I lived for years in the northern part of the state which is by any objective standard the prettiest part of NM.

Back