• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Herder (Hero Sports) Picks for 2022

Guess he just couldn’t make a list without including a CAA team. Why not Villanova?

And any list with Kennesaw State on it is already suspect from the beginning.

AZGrizFan said:
Guess he just couldn’t make a list without including a CAA team. Why not Villanova?

Villanova's losing their QB and nearly lost at home to Holy Cross.

I get why the cats are ranked ahead of us, but I think they have way more question marks this offseason than we do. I think just losing Troy Andersen alone is a major loss for the defense that will be tough to replace on their D.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

So instead he chooses a 5-6 Delaware team? Sorry, makes no sense to me.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:

So instead he chooses a 5-6 Delaware team? Sorry, makes no sense to me.
Delaware got crushed by injuries. They would've been a lot better if they didn't lose their QB. I do think their new coach is a little suspect, I don't think that was the greatest hire.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

Beat JMU.

I am so glad this was released. We’ve all been waiting for it for so long now that many feared this day would never come. It’s so refreshing to get a completely unbiased take on the 2022 season nine months in advance.

CDAGRIZ said:
I am so glad this was released. We’ve all been waiting for it for so long now that many feared this day would never come. It’s so refreshing to get a completely unbiased take on the 2022 season nine months in advance.
Between Craig and Sam, Homerville is secure for many years.

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
Beat JMU.
They won because JMU’s all-American kicker missed 3 4th quarter field goals and an extra point which ended up being the difference.

Well they won. Should we dissect some of the Griz’ close victories this year? Do we call them moral losses?

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:
They won because JMU’s all-American kicker missed 3 4th quarter field goals and an extra point which ended up being the difference.

Well they won. Should we dissect some of the Griz’ close victories this year? Do we call them moral losses?
Just saying. I see no way they’re a top 5 team next year unless they get help in the portal.

Here's a pole question:

If I had told you in August of last year that by the 1st of October the Griz would be playing with their 2nd & 3rd string QB's, would be down to a 6th string converted slot receiver at RB, and had lost their all-conference WR to the Cornhuskers, what would your guess be for their record, chances at making the playoffs, and actually winning a game?

"Next man up" and all that bullshit aside, the season was really somewhat of a miracle, being one of the last 8 standing. Now, getting Knight back, getting Ostmo back, getting Johnson at QB, and reloading the defensive backfield and line, I believe the sky is the limit in 2022.

AZGrizFan said:
Here's a pole question:

If I had told you in August of last year that by the 1st of October the Griz would be playing with their 2nd & 3rd string QB's, would be down to a 6th string converted slot receiver at RB, and had lost their all-conference WR to the Cornhuskers, what would your guess be for their record, chances at making the playoffs, and actually winning a game?

"Next man up" and all that bullshit aside, the season was really somewhat of a miracle, being one of the last 8 standing. Now, getting Knight back, getting Ostmo back, getting Johnson at QB, and reloading the defensive backfield and line, I believe the sky is the limit in 2022.

Good take. The sky is always the limit, but I, too, am cautiously optimistic.

Back