• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If Trumaine Johnson made better decisions...

rgrizfan said:
grizpsych said:
He would be beating Tampa Bay right now.

32 years old, completely healthy and worth around $20 million. Pretty good decisions...IMO.

He has to be worth a lot more than that. This site says he's worth $37 million. https://www.idolnetworth.com/trumaine-johnson-net-worth-206382

"Cornerback Trumaine Johnson landed a huge deal with the New York Jets in the offseason. The five-year deal is worth $72.5 million, with the $14.5 million annual average the second highest among NFL cornerbacks. Johnson earned $16.7 million in 2017 playing under the franchise tag for the Los Angeles Rams. His new deal included a $20 million signing bonus." https://www.forbes.com/profile/trumaine-johnson/?sh=178e88717e99

He was the Rams' franchise player two years in a row and made about the same as he did in 2017.

goatcreekgriz said:
I don’t think it’s a bad decision to get paid. Life is short, the NFL is nasty and brutish.

Agreed. This is why I dislike it when people get mad about players transferring up for more exposure, or the worst, when people get mad about players leaving early for the draft (other programs/sports). Oh, if I stay, we can have a shot at glory? Hmm, I can get paid a ton to use my athleticism, a resource which will be gone in ten-ish years, right now? Tough one.

I like to imagine a star accounting student being approached by a big firm offering great money. “Hey, you’re one the best in the world at this. Just come work for us now. Fuck school. Here’s a signing bonus.” “Nah, I can’t. I have a big senior group project next year.”

CDAGRIZ said:
goatcreekgriz said:
I don’t think it’s a bad decision to get paid. Life is short, the NFL is nasty and brutish.

Agreed. This is why I dislike it when people get mad about players transferring up for more exposure, or the worst, when people get mad about players leaving early for the draft (other programs/sports). Oh, if I stay, we can have a shot at glory? Hmm, I can get paid a ton to use my athleticism, a resource which will be gone in ten-ish years, right now? Tough one.

I like to imagine a star accounting student being approached by a big firm offering great money. “Hey, you’re one the best in the world at this. Just come work for us now. [#]f### school. Here’s a signing bonus.” “Nah, I can’t. I have a big senior group project next year.”
Tell that to Kupp, who stayed for his senior year.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I like to imagine a star accounting student being approached by a big firm offering great money. “Hey, you’re one the best in the world at this. Just come work for us now. [#]f### school. Here’s a signing bonus.” “Nah, I can’t. I have a big senior group project next year.”
Tell that to Kupp, who stayed for his senior year.

I’m not sure how that changes anything I wrote. I’ll be sure to tell him next time we’re out hobnobbing at the local speakeasies and gin joints after the sock hop.

Back