• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Samori Pro Day

So you're saying he's slower than the linebacker from Montana State who weighs 50lbs more? :thumb:

StumptownGriz said:
Ran a 4.43! :shock:
I know the "what-if" game is a fruitless endeavor, but what imagine a 2021 Griz starting lineup that still included Toure and Knight!

grizband said:
StumptownGriz said:
Ran a 4.43! :shock:
I know the "what-if" game is a fruitless endeavor, but what imagine a 2021 Griz starting lineup that still included Toure and Knight!

Then we many have made it to the promised land! :roll:

"A member of the Biletnikoff Award watch list, Samori Toure played in all 12 games with nine starts in his lone season at Nebraska in 2021. Toure led Nebraska with 46 receptions, 898 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns. He tied the Nebraska season record with five 100-yard receiving games, posted the second-highest yards-per-catch average in Nebraska history (19.5) among Huskers with at least 40 catches in a season and tied for sixth place on NU's single-season receiving yardage list. Toure's performance earned him third-team All-Big Ten honors from Pro Football Focus and honorable-mention accolades from the conference media.

At the conclusion of the regular season, Toure ranked second nationally in 70-yard catches (2) and third nationally in 60-yard catches (4) while ranking fifth in 50-yard catches (5). He also led the Big Ten and ranked 17th nationally in yards per reception and was sixth in the Big Ten in receiving yards.

Toure had three catches for 37 yards and added a pair of carries for nine yards in his Nebraska debut at Illinois. The next week against Fordham, Toure caught eight passes for 133 yards and added three carries for 35 yards with his first career rushing touchdown. The 100-yard receiving game was Toure's first as a Husker. Toure made it back-to-back games with 100 receiving yards when he caught two 68-yard touchdown passes against Buffalo for his 10th career 100-yard receiving game. At No. 3 Oklahoma, Toure caught three passes for 27 yards. Toure had five catches for 42 yards at No. 20 Michigan State, and he also added a four-yard carry against the Spartans. Toure caught two passes for 108 yards against Northwestern, including a 38-yard touchdown. Toure caught three passes for 37 yards against No. 9 Michigan to surpass 3,000 career receiving yards including his time at the University of Montana. He also added a 16-yard carry against the Wolverines. Against Purdue, Toure had two catches for 47 yards. He had his most productive game as a Husker against No. 6 Ohio State, catching four passes for 150 yards, including a 72-yard touchdown. Toure posted his record-tying fifth 100-yard receiving game of the season at No. 19 Wisconsin, catching seven passes for 113 yards, including a four-yard touchdown grab. In his final game against No. 17 Iowa, Toure led Nebraska with six catches for 67 yards."

https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/samori-toure/42908#:~:text=He%20tied%20the%20Nebraska%20season,single%2Dseason%20receiving%20yardage%20list.

based on those stats they really should have passed morrie to Samori..sure wish he would have stayed here but he had to do what he had to do.

AllWeatherFan said:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-sees-something-samori-195449240.html

He definitely has an uphill battle but being a late rd draft pick may help. If he can show that he can do some of the things that older higher paid receivers can do, he may just bump one of them for a roster spot.

His non standout High School 40 time was the reason he only received a late Montana offer.

That leaving college 40 time is a huge improvement. đź‘Ź Happy for him.

2022 would have been dramatically better with Toure and Knight! (2 sure-fire All-American seasons)

His non standout High School 40 time was the reason he only received a late Montana offer.

That leaving college 40 time is a huge improvement. đź‘Ź Happy for him.

2022 would have been dramatically better with Toure and Knight! (2 sure-fire All-American seasons)

Here’s another great catch.

https://twitter.com/packers_clips/status/1555720852137820160?s=21&t=5lCHlBxa-PhhXaMEIvuWLA

What’s the word on him, is he going to make the roster? I’d search, but the thought of an algorithm thinking I like the packers and showing me things I might be interested in makes me physically I’ll.

Back