• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

M O N T A N A picked to WIN

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
M O N T A N A is picked to WIN the BIG SKY:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-05-05/way-too-early-2022-fcs-playoff-bracket-predictions

IntuitiveGriz said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-05-05/way-too-early-2022-fcs-playoff-bracket-predictions

So, the Griz are now the pre-season champions! :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Yeah, I put exactly zero stock in someone who doesn’t even understand how the playoff seedings work. :lol:

His pick maybe correct but his reasoning is wrong. The Cats won't lose because they lost good players because last year with those players the cats got curb stomped in missoula. Cats tricked a couple teams in the playoffs with Mellot so many people are rating them higher than they deserve.

bigsky33 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Not quite. We still have to post a ton about it on the Bobcat fan forum before we deserve that title. The spring, summer, and fall preseason still belong to the Bobs. 25+ years being the preseason national champs. Nobody, not even the Griz, can come for that crown.

grizingatorland said:
His pick maybe correct but his reasoning is wrong. The Cats won't lose because they lost good players because last year with those players the cats got curb stomped in missoula. Cats tricked a couple teams in the playoffs with Mellot so many people are rating them higher than they deserve.

I don't put any stock in preseason projections. Your comment doesn't make much sense. It takes a lot more than a couple of tricks to win playoff games. We will see what happens as we move thru the season. That's why they play the game.

bigsky33 said:
grizingatorland said:

I don't put any stock in preseason projections. Your comment doesn't make much sense. It takes a lot more than a couple of tricks to win playoff games. We will see what happens as we move thru the season. That's why they play the game.
The reasoning makes perfect sense.
How many starters did the boobcats lose to the portal? At least 4, right? Seems like a big percentage. Usually it’s just backups who bail.
Sounds like they hate bozo more than the locals do now. I know life-long bozo people who will never go back, not even for games. Why has the fun been sucked out of Gellatin Valley? Is it the $700 hotels, the phony transplants, or something worse? With so many people quitting on the program, are you worried about ticket sales?

bigsky33 said:
grizingatorland said:

Like fake FG punts?

bigsky33 said:
grizingatorland said:

True. It takes a couple of tricks and an absolutely, ridiculously easy bracket. That’s the tried and true recipe to an embarrassing loss in the title game.

grizingatorland said:

Although the cats had a small senior class, there was exceptional talent in it. I don't believe the cats can remotely replace that loss of talent and that was before losing a few other starters to the portal. Mellot is a gamer, but he can't plug all the holes. That said, I expect the cats to be decent - just not conference champions or playing for a chipper where they get curb stomped.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
5. Sixx gets an early extension and a charity documentary.

“The Miracle on Sixxth Street”?

I love it. I also love that the other one is a “Miracle”. Right on par with Herb Brooks beating the Soviets in their minds.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I love it. I also love that the other one is a “Miracle”. Right on par with Herb Brooks beating the Soviets in their minds.

I believe the Bible did it first. David vs Goliath.

Shades of Hickory beating South Bend. Gene Hackman as Choach. Earle Solomonson gives out the pre-game speech about David slinging the stone, but includes a part about timeout timing. Let’s get this into rewrites.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I believe the Bible did it first. David vs Goliath.

Shades of Hickory beating South Bend. Gene Hackman as Choach. Earle Solomonson gives out the pre-game speech about David slinging the stone, but includes a part about timeout timing. Let’s get this into rewrites.

It’ll sell, everyone loves an underdog victory story.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It’ll sell, everyone loves an underdog victory story.

Right? I’m thinking: “The Gutty Lil’ Bobcats” as a title.
Open to thoughts/suggestions.

Pan across the whole Gath army, it's early in the battle. As they advance, David swings his sling, looks for all the world like he's going to let it fly. Then stops takes three half stumbles to the right and kicks the entire sling, rock and all, over Goliath's army. It falls harmlessly and the men from Gath pummel David's army like there is no tomorrow. On a side note, one of the Hebrew soldiers is blown away by a child messenger from a much better army but later runs a pretty good sprint with nobody around and gets to move to Atlanta.

Back