• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vince Genatone runs 10.5, 100m

wow, just wow......I hope he stays committed.....I think I hear Nebraska warming up the National Letter of Intent in the bull pen.....

krammer said:
wow, just wow......I hope he stays committed.....I think I hear Nebraska warming up the National Letter of Intent in the bull pen.....
After all, we are their farm team. They may let him develop at LB U before snatching him back.

IDGrizzly said:
At district track meet runs 10.5 electronic in finals and 10.58 in prelims.

First off, WWOOWW‼️ 💯

I wonder how much wind aided that time is? Like if it was an acceptable, negligible amount of wind (as to be ruled an official time), or if it was too much wind aided (as to be ruled unofficial).

If it's like Montana meets, other than at State, they don't measure for wind. But at State they measure.

But I don't care if he had hurricane force winds at his back helping push him forward, he was still cruising on his own! Hahaha. 👏👍👏👍

This guy is something else. Can't wait to see him dominate/won a national championship as a Griz.

IntuitiveGriz said:
IDGrizzly said:
At district track meet runs 10.5 electronic in finals and 10.58 in prelims.

First off, WWOOWW‼️ 💯

I wonder how much wind aided that time is? Like if it was an acceptable, negligible amount of wind (as to be ruled an official time), or if it was too much wind aided (as to be ruled unofficial).

If it's like Montana meets, other than at State, they don't measure for wind. But at State they measure.

But I don't care if he had hurricane force winds at his back helping push him forward, he was still cruising on his own! Hahaha. 👏👍👏👍

This guy is something else. Can't wait to see him dominate/won a national championship as a Griz.

So the GRIZ are the pre season national champs? I thought that was reserved for the Fighting Bobcats.

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/athlete-of-the-year-vince-genatone-made-lasting-impressions-at-north-platte-as-a-triple/article_9f30b5e6-ea01-11ec-81bd-bb39f3b169e7.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Omaha_World-Herald&fbclid=IwAR0XM1VeVis-rPNkJgOmucmU5vD--v75UWHHLJptSF12iSmFpRCRePEjgKw

Great article about Vince. I have a friend who is related to the wrestling coach. He raves about this kid every chance he gets.

BDizzle said:
Great article about Vince. I have a friend who is related to the wrestling coach. He raves about this kid every chance he gets.

i guess i'll leave it alone.

(As I thought) Genatone runs slower times at State meet: Still flat out, absolutely FLYING.

10.86 Prelim

10.63 Finals

poorgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
First off, WWOOWW‼️ 💯

So the GRIZ are the pre season national champs? I thought that was reserved for the Fighting Bobcats.

The massive difference in the two programs are the Grizzlies are the winningest Div 1-AA/FCS in the 21st century! The pussies are nowhere to close to that!

Also the Grizzlies have played in 7 National Championships actually at this high level. The pussies have finally played in a meager 2 at this high level.

The Grizzly fans should have National Championship aspirations based on what the program has done. Not what fans hope they will do (like pussy fans). The best pussy fans should expect is hoping not to get a streak of 16 hung on them again.

Take care loser, I am off to go appreciate the TWO Div 1-AA National Championship trophies at UM. SORRY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS LIKE. 👏

IntuitiveGriz said:
poorgriz said:

The massive difference in the two programs are the Grizzlies are the winningest Div 1-AA/FCS in the 21st century! The pussies are nowhere to close to that!

Also the Grizzlies have played in 7 National Championships actually at this high level. The pussies have finally played in a meager 2 at this high level.

The Grizzly fans should have National Championship aspirations based on what the program has done. Not what fans hope they will do (like pussy fans). The best pussy fans should expect is hoping not to get a streak of 16 hung on them again.

Take care loser, I am off to go appreciate the TWO Div 1-AA National Championship trophies at UM. SORRY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS LIKE. 👏
No we aren't.

I just read an article that Georgia just signed the #3 CB in the nation, a 5*, and they raved that he was “super twitchy” with a 100m of 11.43 and a 20’ long jump. So this kid is a legit athlete and love that he is a Griz!

IntuitiveGriz said:
poorgriz said:

This post is an epic fail. lol

IntuitiveGriz said:
poorgriz said:

While I'm proud of the fact that we won a couple of 'chips, flexing that we won something 20+ years ago isn't much of a brag. Most of this currently Griz roster wasn't even alive the last time we won a Natty.

Hopefully Vince can be a big part of rectifying this issue...

gotgame75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

While I'm proud of the fact that we won a couple of 'chips, flexing that we won something 20+ years ago isn't much of a brag. Most of this currently Griz roster wasn't even alive the last time we won a Natty.

Most of the Bobcat players PARENTS weren’t alive the last time they won a championship. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
gotgame75 said:

Most of the Bobcat players PARENTS weren’t alive the last time they won a championship. :lol:

So, we’re talking born in 1977, which is the year after their only championship (DII). That would make them 45 now, so they had to have kids when they were 22-27. Yep, math checks out. I’m thinking most of the parents were born post Bobcat NC.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

So, we’re talking born in 1977, which is the year after their only championship (DII). That would make them 45 now, so they had to have kids when they were 22-27. Yep, math checks out. I’m thinking most of the parents were born post Bobcat NC.

Wait a second. The boobkittens supposedly won a D2 natty the year I was born and I never heard of this? I’m gonna have to see some facts. Sounds more like myth then truth.

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wait a second. The boobkittens supposedly won a D2 natty the year I was born and I never heard of this? I’m gonna have to see some facts. Sounds more like myth then truth.

I was down at the Cat’s Paw in 1992 for some pre-mixed scrambled eggs and Brown n’ Serve sausage links, and some old timers were talking about the championship season in ‘76. I just assumed they were telling the truth, but you may be correct. They were already hitting the Hamm’s pretty hard.

Back