• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Times?

Probably not until June or July. In last weeks Inside the Den Podcast, Kent Haslam said the Big Sky is working on negotiating a new TV contract to replace to ROOT sports contract that expired last season. He didn't say what network it was or anything, but he did say we may end up playing more night games at home this year because of it.

Could it be that CBSSN and FSN are interested? They seem to air a lot of the G5 or however the term goes these days. If there are more parties involved perhaps a chance at a larger rights fee for the conference. Just a stab in the dark, haven't noticed any reports.

lew1889 said:
Isn't the contract with ESPN+ still in effect for another year?
Yes ESPN+ will still be in effect next year. They're looking to replace their tv deal with ROOT sports that expired. Supposedly, ROOT sports is not interested in renewing, so they're looking at options to replace them.

Griz til I die said:
lew1889 said:
Isn't the contract with ESPN+ still in effect for another year?
Yes ESPN+ will still be in effect next year. They're looking to replace their tv deal with ROOT sports that expired. Supposedly, ROOT sports is not interested in renewing, so they're looking at options to replace them.

Root has absolutely zero interest in renewing. They lost money on bsc football, and used it only to ensure smaller cable companies continued carrying the channel. Now with the Kracken and Trailblazers, they no longer have that incentive, nor the time slots available to broadcast the bsc.

Outside of Montana and MSU, who draws enough to make the conference more attractive? If I were Montana and MSU I'd be searching for something on our own as well. I really question, how the conference is a solid investment.

mtgrizrule said:
Outside of Montana and MSU, who draws enough to make the conference more attractive? If I were Montana and MSU I'd be searching for something on our own as well. I really question, how the conference is a solid investment.

Something on our own? How about an FBS Conference?

Spanky2 said:
mtgrizrule said:

Something on our own? How about an FBS Conference?

Nice, there's an FBS conference that wants us. Which one?

Back