• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1992 Recruiting Class

SaskGriz

DONOR
Couple of under rated LB's, couple of stud O-linemen, and the younger brothers of a couple of GRIZ legends.

1998 Recruiting Class 18/32 SCORE: 2.384

5 Points: Mike Agee OL, Flathead HS,Mike Bouchee LB, Hellgate HS Mike Erhardt WR, Willamette, WA Dave Kempfert OL, Hellgate HS Blaine McElmurry DB, Troy Jeffrey Zellick TE, Springfield,OR

4 Points: Bruce Dotson CB, LA Pierce JC, Los Angeles, CA Sean Goicoechea DB, Stevensville Randy Riley LB, Butte HS David Sirmon LB, Walla Walla, WA Brian Toone LB, Butter Senior

3 Points: Nathan Dolan WR, Billings Senior Mark Hampe LB, CMR HS

2 Points: Craig Dickenson K, CMR HS

1 Point: Brandy Alexander K, Post Falls, ID Guy Atkins WR, Billings Skyview Mike Bourret CMR HS Jeff Trevathan WR/S, Thousand Oaks, CA

Zero Points: Andre Edwards RB, Walla Walla CC, Seattle, WA Alan Fields OG, Rocky Mountain College, Corvallis, MT Charles Grant CB, Seattle, WA Mike Green DE, Coeur d’Alene, ID Craig Jackson DE, Fresno City College, Freson, CA Jeremy Newman DB/P, Idaho Falls, ID Carlos Roberts CB, LA Harbor JC, Vallejo, CA

This class was vital in winning the 1995 National Championship, yet is ranked 18th. The Butte boys crushed Pennington and all West Virginia dreams. Erhardt has an important reception on 4th down to extend the drive & set up the winning FG.

SaskGriz said:
Couple of under rated LB's, couple of stud O-linemen, and the younger brothers of a couple of GRIZ legends.

5 Points: Mike Bouchee LB, Hellgate HS Mike Erhardt WR, Willamette, WA Dave Kempfert OL, Hellgate HS Blaine McElmurry DB, Troy Jeffrey Zellick TE, Springfield,OR

4 Points: Bruce Dotson CB, LA Pierce JC, Los Angeles, CA Sean Goicoechea DB, Stevensville Randy Riley LB, Butte HS David Sirmon LB, Walla Walla, WA Brian Toone LB, Butte HS

Proud Griz Man said:
This class was vital in winning the 1995 National Championship, yet is ranked 18th. The Butte boys crushed Pennington and all West Virginia dreams. Erhardt has an important reception on 4th down to extend the drive & set up the winning FG.

SaskGriz said:

5 Points: Mike Bouchee LB, Hellgate HS Mike Erhardt WR, Willamette, WA Dave Kempfert OL, Hellgate HS Blaine McElmurry DB, Troy Jeffrey Zellick TE, Springfield,OR

4 Points: Bruce Dotson CB, LA Pierce JC, Los Angeles, CA Sean Goicoechea DB, Stevensville Randy Riley LB, Butte HS David Sirmon LB, Walla Walla, WA Brian Toone LB, Butte HS
You seem to have really strong feelings about this, so I eagerly await your detailed ranking of every class over the last 30 years based on the criteria you think is correct. Can't wait. :thumb:

The list is incomplete, though. Off the top of my head you're missing these 3 guys:

Mike Agee, OG - All American
Corey Falls, DE - All Big Sky
Ryan Thompson, DT - All Big Sky

Rural Juror said:
The list is incomplete, though. Off the top of my head you're missing these 3 guys:

The Mike Agee one is my mistake in copying my list from my notes. He did factor into the math calculation, so it didn't change the classes score. I fixed it on here.

Corey Falls was actually recruited the year before this class but didn't arrive. I believe he is the only player in the 32 classes I looked at to be listed in two separate media guides. He's included in the previous class.

Ryan Thompson walked on after the media guide for 1992 had been published so his name doesn't appear on any roster until the following season. As I have mentioned before I simply could not go back and cross check individual write ups with the following seasons roster for 32 years. So players got stuck in with whatever class they first appeared on the roster for or were listed in a media guide under "NEW GRIZ, New recruits, etc.".

SaskGriz said:
Rural Juror said:

The Mike Agee one is my mistake in copying my list from my notes. He did factor into the math calculation, so it didn't change the classes score. I fixed it on here.

Corey Falls was actually recruited the year before this class but didn't arrive. I believe he is the only player in the 32 classes I looked at to be listed in two separate media guides. He's included in the previous class.

Ryan Thompson walked on after the media guide for 1992 had been published so his name doesn't appear on any roster until the following season. As I have mentioned before I simply could not go back and cross check individual write ups with the following seasons roster for 32 years. So players got stuck in with whatever class they first appeared on the roster for or were listed in a media guide under "NEW GRIZ, New recruits, etc.".

Fair enough. You’ve obviously put a lot of work into this and I have no interest in personally re-running the rankings using different criteria. However, I always thought the junior class that made up the bulk of the 1995 championship team was special.

The seniors on the 1996 team had to have been one of the best classes to go through Montana. Definitely better than just the 18th ranked class imo.

Thanks for doing this by the way. There’s a lot of BS on this board, but these recruiting class rankings have been fun to read through.

uofmman1122 said:
Proud Griz Man said:
You seem to have really strong feelings about this, so I eagerly await your detailed ranking of every class over the last 30 years based on the criteria you think is correct. Can't wait. :thumb:

Should be easy enough. Sask did 99% of the leg work. Proud Griz just has to rank each class by nattys won and over all winning %. Easy peasy.

Proud Griz Man said:

SaskGriz said:

Oh come on Proud, don’t be one of those guys.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-complain-and-never-do-anything-about-the-problem-What-is-the-point-of-this

I would like Sask to go BACK and redo his rankings, taking into consideration the constantly changing makeup of the BSC, the departure of stalwarts Boise St., Nevada, & Idaho, the addition of weak sisters from the GWC, the expansion to 37 teams, and the recent departure of SUU. That certainly plays into the equation as to wether/how many Griz players got AA or All-BSC, etc., etc.

AZGrizFan said:
I would like Sask to go BACK and redo his rankings, taking into consideration the constantly changing makeup of the BSC, the departure of stalwarts Boise St., Nevada, & Idaho, the addition of weak sisters from the GWC, the expansion to 37 teams, and the recent departure of SUU. That certainly plays into the equation as to wether/how many Griz players got AA or All-BSC, etc., etc.
That is my next plan but I decided to play Mainprize today instead, it's a links course about an hour and forty five south of Regina. Windy and not as well kept as I would have hoped so the few drives I hit well got lost in the dandelions. The putter ran hot for about five holes and I'm starting to think I'm going to play more hybrids than irons; which I tend to hook as a lefty. After that, and a couple of weddings this summer, I'll make sure and recalculate all these stats based on what might have/ should have/did happen.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
That is my next plan but I decided to play Mainprize today instead, it's a links course about an hour and forty five south of Regina. Windy and not as well kept as I would have hoped so the few drives I hit well got lost in the dandelions. The putter ran hot for about five holes and I'm starting to think I'm going to play more hybrids than irons; which I tend to hook as a lefty. After that, and a couple of weddings this summer, I'll make sure and recalculate all these stats based on what might have/ should have/did happen.

An hour 45 south? So you played golf in Plentywood?

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

If you score recruiting classes, you have to share your golf score from today. I didn't make the rules, but I think it's rule no. fleventy-five in the eGriz Code of Conduct.

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:

An hour 45 south? So you played golf in Plentywood?
South east, it's a proper big country.

alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:
South east, it's a proper big country.

Time is also measured in kilometers there. Don’t ask me how it works, I’m American.

Well, I must admit I’d completely forgotten about that.

Sask. My apologies.

Bama. Thanks for setting me straight.

Back