• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Summer 2022 Transfers (8)

I.M.O.#90-C.C.

DONOR
Summer 2022 Transfers (8)
QB- AJ Abbot 6' 2" 220 (Oregon) 4 to play 4
WR- Camden Ver Strate, 5'8" 170 (Washington) 3 to play 3
OL- Chris Walker 6'6 " 295 (Nebraska)

LB- Wyatt Wegener 6' 3" 225 (Iowa) 4 to play 4
CB- Andrew Travillion 6' 0" 190 (San Diego State Mesa) 3 to play 3
S- Cooper Barnum 6'2" 215 (Washington State) 4 to play 3

K- Nico Ramos (Princeton)
K- Adam Botkin,

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
Any word now that they should be working out with team in summer strength&conditioning?

I haven’t heard of anything. Radio silence on that front.

grizfan1984 said:
Here’s an offer to a transfer https://twitter.com/WegenerWyatt/status/1534625804059295744

On May 25th he was offered a scholarship offer from the Vandals.

I swear, LBs are like squirrels to Bobby.

Sitting in his office surrounded by his staff….”gawd dammit! We need offensive…what’s that? A linebacker? Offer that kid NOW!”

AZGrizFan said:

Sitting in his office surrounded by his staff….”gawd dammit! We need offensive…what’s that? A linebacker? Offer that kid NOW!”

Well he came in as a receiver and converted to LB. His Hudl highlights are pretty damn impressive. So yea a kid that is that athletic and could play a number of places. Hell yes! Offer him NOW!

Regarding o-line transfers.......I'm thinking the coaching staff have made up their mind to only offer and 0=lineman if they are a known commodity that will FOR SURE come in and start game one of the 2022 season...otherwise they will roll with what we have......it is the only strategy that makes sense to me at this late hour we find ourselves in......they are difficult to find and even more difficult to get to Missoula. just my opinion ....go Griz !

Stay tuned on OL transfers I’m not sure of names at the moment but I’ve there is 2 going to be coming in.

UncleRico said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well he came in as a receiver and converted to LB. His Hudl highlights are pretty damn impressive. So yea a kid that is that athletic and could play a number of places. Hell yes! Offer him NOW!

I’m not saying we don’t want him. But the LB room is bursting at the seams…..the O-line room? Not so much….

AZGrizFan said:
UncleRico said:

I’m not saying we don’t want him. But the LB room is bursting at the seams…..the O-line room? Not so much….
I don't think we'd be bringing him in instead of some other hypothetical OL transfer (sounds like we've got 2 lined up, anyways).

That said, if they see a guy that will make the team better, they'd be dumb to turn him away, regardless of position.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I don't think we'd be bringing him in instead of some other hypothetical OL transfer (sounds like we've got 2 lined up, anyways).

That said, if they see a guy that will make the team better, they'd be dumb to turn him away, regardless of position.

Agreed…it was really meant more as a joke….but apparently it flopped. I won’t quit my day job.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

Agreed…it was really meant more as a joke….but apparently it flopped. I won’t quit my day job.
Hey man, jokes are like snakes, you can't bring them in here. :lol:

UncleRico said:
AZGrizFan said:

Right. This kid isn't a linebacker, he's an Iowa WR walk-on, one of eight walk-ons that was re-assigned to linebacker. And, he wasn't a receiver in high school, more of a slotback/wr for a team with using flexbone option formations. 1,400 yards running, 708 receiving. 1st team 2A all state captain, as a rb.
This is a tiny high school, about 400 kids. played both ways.

UncleRico said:
AZGrizFan said:

For some reason, this line from 'The Pink Panther Strikes Again' came to mind:
"A beekeeper who has lost his voice, a cook who thinks he's a gardener, and a witness to a murder. Oh, yes. It is obvious to my trained eye that there is much more going on here than meets the ear. Most ingenious."

Can't go wrong with multi-talented players. :thumb:

griz4life said:
UncleRico said:

Right. This kid isn't a linebacker, he's an Iowa WR walk-on, one of eight walk-ons that was re-assigned to linebacker. And, he wasn't a receiver in high school, more of a slotback/wr for a team with using flexbone option formations. 1,400 yards running, 708 receiving. 1st team 2A all state captain, as a rb.
This is a tiny high school, about 400 kids. played both ways.

So Montana class A level. 😁

This Iowa kid kid is fast as 💩. He claims 4.51 on his hudl. I believe it.

Quite the offensive threat with the ball. And he's a headhunter on both sides of the ball.

UM would be immediately better with this addition.

Back