• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Genatone Earns Nebraska Athlete of the Year

HookedonGriz

DONOR
This kid continues to impress

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/athlete-of-the-year-vince-genatone-made-lasting-impressions-at-north-platte-as-a-triple/article_9f30b5e6-ea01-11ec-81bd-bb39f3b169e7.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_OWHnews&fbclid=IwAR0PhY4DTnparOBFDzIdLH_hpxocpgi-hCqllhX89mNvJc1HRbG0cnShzaU

HookedonGriz said:
This kid continues to impress

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/athlete-of-the-year-vince-genatone-made-lasting-impressions-at-north-platte-as-a-triple/article_9f30b5e6-ea01-11ec-81bd-bb39f3b169e7.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_OWHnews&fbclid=IwAR0PhY4DTnparOBFDzIdLH_hpxocpgi-hCqllhX89mNvJc1HRbG0cnShzaU

Great article. I can't wait to see him on the field.

North Platte has had one other athlete of the year, Danny Woodhead in 2004. The year Genatone was born.

Vince has heard stories about the retired NFL running back, and said he would like to meet him.
Yes! Vinny-G will be able to beat the shit out of the bubcats just like the legendary Woodhead when a Division 2 school stomped them:

Montana State dropped a 35-24 decision to NCAA Division II Chadron State in MSU's home opener on Saturday.

Chadron's Danny Woodhead rushed for 215 yards on 33 carries

A considerable amount of credit, Kramer said, goes to Woodhead, who dominated the game and allowed Chadron State to hold the ball for 11 minutes in the third quarter and 36 minutes of the game. "He's good," Kramer said of Woodhead. "He's really good. He reminds me of (Walter Payton Trophy candidate) James Noble of Cal Poly, and we haven't beaten Cal Poly since Robert E. Lee was marching north."

The burning question I have is will this kid get some playing time this year? I feel like we should give him a chance.

Griz til I die said:
The burning question I have is will this kid get some playing time this year? I feel like we should give him a chance.

Anyone that big, and that fast, and that bad ass….should definitely get a chance. I could see him on some special teams to start.

So why not offer every damn kid that size and speed in the nation. It’s not like you need to know anything to play LB. WTF is wrong with you people?!? Playing LB at this level from HS is quite a bit harder than you think. Holy shit it’s nauseating to listen to most of you.

hubcap said:
So why not offer every damn kid that size and speed in the nation. It’s not like you need to know anything to play LB. WTF is wrong with you people?!? Playing LB at this level from HS is quite a bit harder than you think. Holy shit it’s nauseating to listen to most of you.

You didn’t listen to anything. You read it ya big dummy🤣🤣.

Now that you can play up to 4 games without losing the year he will probably get that chance.

AZGrizFan said:
I sure hope nobody flips this kid.

I’m looking at YOU, Cornhuskers….

Maybe, just maybe, he saw how the Huskers wasted Samori Toure with an inept QB, and probably equally inept OC and HC.

3-7-77 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I sure hope nobody flips this kid.

I’m looking at YOU, Cornhuskers….

Maybe, just maybe, he saw how the Huskers wasted Samori Toure with an inept QB, and probably equally inept OC and HC.

Or maybe he committed to Montana and is excited to come play football for a great program. Congrats Vince and looking forward to watching you play for the Griz.

Well, the word 'commit' has been bastardized over the past few years. I think you are probably right, but then again I'm a two time Griz grad, and therefore kinda biased.

seems odd that with that kind of pedigree and talent he has not been picked up by a FBS school but glad he is coming here.

Latest posts

Back