• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No Fireworks!?

alabamagrizzly

I know it has nothing to do with any level of football but it is Missoula related and it’s also the Doldrums of summer. WTH! The mall has canceled the firework show with no explanation?

alabamagrizzly said:
I know it has nothing to do with any level of football but it is Missoula related and it’s also the Doldrums of summer. WTH! The mall has canceled the firework show with no explanation?

My personal take is that the original owners of the Mall were, for the most part locals, who had a sense of community and provided the fireworks show as a part of giving back. The new owners are out-of-staters without that sense of community and probably look at the show with a bottom-line view.

I heard it was a supply issue. only so many outfits around that can put on a big fireworks shows and if there are a shortage of fireworks I am bet they go where the money is. sounds like it is an issue around the country not just in Missoula. Most fireworks come from the land that brought you Covid so there is that going on.....

maroonandsilver said:
alabamagrizzly said:

My personal take is that the original owners of the Mall were, for the most part locals, who had a sense of community and provided the fireworks show as a part of giving back. The new owners are out-of-staters without that sense of community and probably look at the show with a bottom-line view.

Yeah, as we all know, if you’re from out of state and operate the town’s only mall, you can’t have any sense of community. Further, the third rule of business is to keep people away to maximize profits. ;)

Change of ownership and no one thought to order until it was too late is my bet!

There could be any number of valid reasons; Covid restrictions, mask mandates, supply chain, relocated Californians, the radical right, BLM, Q-anon, Gianforte, Bullock, immigrants convoys, capital rioters, or bobcats suck.

SaskGriz said:
There could be any number of valid reasons; Covid restrictions, mask mandates, supply chain, relocated Californians, the radical right, BLM, Q-anon, Gianforte, Bullock, immigrants convoys, capital rioters, or bobcats suck.

How many choices do we get? I vote for bobcats suck and other.

SaskGriz said:

DfV8tnYU8AAumoV.jpg

Sorrey, Sask. Had to be done.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:

DfV8tnYU8AAumoV.jpg

Sorrey, Sask. Had to be done.

Now garizzlies has to put the foam hat on Mrs Broflovski.

CDAGRIZ said:
maroonandsilver said:

Yeah, as we all know, if you’re from out of state and operate the town’s only mall, you can’t have any sense of community. Further, the third rule of business is to keep people away to maximize profits. ;)

Yes. Need to stop clogging up the parking lots, amirite? :lol:

griz4life said:
I'll bet there's an explanation that's just lost in the reaction.

That was kinda why I brought it up. There is no explanation. Several local news agencies including the Missoulian and KPAX have reached out and got radio silence. Just a blanket statement from the owner saying basically they’ll try again down the road. I think, like most have said, the logical explanation is several things. Higher costs, logistical issues, and probably poor planning by someone new to the game.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz4life said:
I'll bet there's an explanation that's just lost in the reaction.

That was kinda why I brought it up. There is no explanation. Several local news agencies including the Missoulian and KPAX have reached out and got radio silence. Just a blanket statement from the owner saying basically they’ll try again down the road. I think, like most have said, the logical explanation is several things. Higher costs, logistical issues, and probably poor planning by someone new to the game.

Bro, it’s Canada. Have we learned nothing?

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Bro, it’s Canada. Have we learned nothing?

They’re not even a real country anyway.

I was a certified Pyrotechnician and did several show per year for over 15 years. Many organizations have sponsored the shows and had liability included in their insurance programs, now most of them exclude the liability for sponsoring fireworks. The cost to purchase liability for a one day show can run up to $10,000. Add that to the cost of fireworks, back when I retired from shooting shows the cost of each shell ran upwards to $700 per shell, depending on size of shell. The shows I shot ran around $30,000 and today those same shows would be close to $100,000. plus the cost of the fireworks company to light them and insurance. That is a lot of money for sparks and noise.

Who would have guessed that starting a thread about fireworks would get people to quit complaining about the SID and lack of news about the Griz football roster.

Back