• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ Hornets on ESPN2!

Kadeezy

https://twitter.com/sachornetsfb/status/1542178807108358145?s=21&t=sv47Kb_ClKgqzQlN95A7vA

This is great, but holy shit ESPN, I know you want the Griz on your station, but why the fuck do you always have to show us away from Missoula? :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
This is great, but holy shit ESPN, I know you want the Griz on your station, but why the [#]f### do you always have to show us away from Missoula? :lol:

Logistics.

Kadeezy said:
uofmman1122 said:
This is great, but holy shit ESPN, I know you want the Griz on your station, but why the [#]f### do you always have to show us away from Missoula? :lol:

Logistics.
They made it work at EWU last year, so they can make it work anywhere. :lol:

Kadeezy said:
uofmman1122 said:

Logistics.

Is Sacramento really easier to get to from Connecticut than Missoula would be?

EverettGriz said:
Kadeezy said:
Logistics.

ESPN has regional crews and equipment, and there’s a major airport 15 minutes away, so yes?

I’m guessing this will be the homecoming game, and Griz travel well, so we’ll have 20k+. With any luck the Sac administration will stipulate that the cameras be placed on the away side. It will be better for the Big Sky’s reputation (and Sac State’s) to see a raucous home side with new press box, field house, and Wellness Center in view.

kemajic said:
Likely our toughest reg season game.

Huge game for both teams at a critical point in the season - can’t wait, and glad it’s going to be on national TV.

ESPN’s looking for matchups, not venues. I predicted they would take UM vs. UI, but the Vandys have been shit so they have no interest in that one. All 4 teams featured this year were playoff teams last year.

If you think our chances are any better at a home game next year, go look at our home schedule in October of 2023. Idaho State and UNC, not happening.

Griz til I die said:
ESPN’s looking for matchups, not venues. I predicted they would take UM vs. UI, but the Vandys have been shit so they have no interest in that one. All 4 teams featured this year were playoff teams last year.

If you think our chances are any better at a home game next year, go look at our home schedule in October of 2023. Idaho State and UNC, not happening.
Likely an accurate assessment of their decision making; great venues would be icing on the cake. I hoped that Cat/Griz would be broadcast on ESPN 2, but I can't imagine they would place FCS games above other games during rivalry/conference championship week.

Kadeezy said:
EverettGriz said:

ESPN has regional crews and equipment, and there’s a major airport 15 minutes away, so yes?

I’m guessing this will be the homecoming game, and Griz travel well, so we’ll have 20k+. With any luck the Sac administration will stipulate that the cameras be placed on the away side. It will be better for the Big Sky’s reputation (and Sac State’s) to see a raucous home side with new press box, field house, and Wellness Center in view.

They don’t fly the equipment; they truck it. And sacto and Missoula are both going to require connections for the on-air team.

And with all due respect, all credibility is lost with “away side”.

RainierGriz said:
kemajic said:
Likely our toughest reg season game.

Are you saying this just because it’s on ESPN 2 or have you always felt this way?
Two time defending BSC champ and check out our record vs. them in recent years. Our last win at Sac was 2013 and that was OT. They have the best OL in the BSC.

kemajic said:
RainierGriz said:
Are you saying this just because it’s on ESPN 2 or have you always felt this way?
Two time defending BSC champ and check out our record vs. them in recent years. Our last win at Sac was 2013 and that was OT. They have the best OL in the BSC.

Ya, easily the game I am most concerned with outside of the brawl.

Griz til I die said:

Good point.

EverettGriz said:
Kadeezy said:

They don’t fly the equipment; they truck it. And sacto and Missoula are both going to require connections for the on-air team.

And with all due respect, all credibility is lost with “away side”.

Oh, appreciate the due respect, but Hornet fans know our rose bowl parade erector set stands are far from ideal. Just hoping with a few tweaks, we can make Hornet Stadium look like a top 15 FCS venue.

Back