• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UCLA/USC

HelenaHandBasket

Jon Wilner
@wilnerhotline
·
8m
Source: USC and UCLA are planning to leave for the Big Ten as early as 2024. Move *has not been finalized* at the highest levels of power.

So much for the alliance that the PAC 12, Big 10, and ACC wouldn’t poach each other’s schools. Let the dominos begin to fall!

$hit! I know there'$ $omething behind thi$, but I ju$t can't put my finger($)( :finger: ) on it. Gue$$ money talk$, bull$hit walk$.

Boise State and another MW school (SDSU or Utah state) to the pac 12. Then Montana and MSU to the Mountain West.

EverettGriz said:
RainierGriz said:
Boise State and another MW school (SDSU or Utah state) to the pac 12. Then Montana and MSU to the Mountain West.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But please allow for the P5 and G5 to break free from one another and allow them to play for their respective national championships (G5 in a playoff format preferably). I will take it to the grave, I could care less about a 6-5 vs. 6-5 matchup for the Enterprise Rent-a-car Bowl. Even if it means getting to host the illustrious New Mexico at home.

Edit: I recognize that the FCS is a dying animal :lol:

RainierGriz said:

I just don't see this as the path the remaining Pac 12 schools will look. I think they sit at 10 and see what shakes loose from the Big 12.

Probably won’t be a Pac-12 to worry about. The Big 10 will grab a few more schools. The “national championship level” will be Big 10 v SEC, maybe at the Rose Bowl, for all we know. Forget P5 and G5.

The Big 12 will absorb some of the rest.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Stanford and Cal try to head up a “West Coast Ivy League” with some other UC schools and select others. Though you’d think one of them would jump at the Big 10 offer.

As a B1G fan (Iowa Hawkeyes) I love this move for the B1G.

Now we can kick out Maryland & Rutgers, and give Notre Dame one more chance to remember that they aren't in the 60's anymore and to join a damn conference.

RainierGriz said:

Came here to post that the Montana schools may have their chance at the MWC now.

RainierGriz said:

I don't think Utah State goes unless the Pac adds at least 4, which is unlikely. Would UM and MSU join the Mountain West even if they were invited. I would love to see the Griz and Cats in the MWC, but I don't see them joining even if they are invited. I hope I am wrong about that.

Not sure how realistic this is, but the guy usually has contacts in the know.

Dave “Softy” Mahler
@Softykjr
What I’m hearing: unless the Pac12 invites two new members and gives them incredible concessions and a bigger piece of the pie than the 10 remaining schools, the conference is dead. Likely the remaining 10 splinter off

Brett McMurphy @Brett_McMurphy
59m
USC & UCLA move to Big Ten should be completed by Friday & Big Ten may not stop at 16, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ. Big 12 may get aggressive & look to add Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado & Utah. “We’re headed to super conferences,” source said

I have a feeling we’re going to be in a division with App State, JMU, Marshall, GSU, etc. again sooner than most people think.

And it’s not gonna be (what we now think of as) FBS.

EverettGriz said:
RainierGriz said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For the love of Christ I hope so! I’d give my left nut for the Griz to be in the Mountain west. My money is on Boise and SDSU to the PAC

NavyBlue said:
RainierGriz said:

I don't think Utah State goes unless the Pac adds at least 4, which is unlikely. Would UM and MSU join the Mountain West even if they were invited. I would love to see the Griz and Cats in the MWC, but I don't see them joining even if they are invited. I hope I am wrong about that.

If we were invited I have a hard time seeing the administration at either school turning that down

HelenaHandBasket said:
59m
USC & UCLA move to Big Ten should be completed by Friday & Big Ten may not stop at 16, sources told @ActionNetworkHQ. Big 12 may get aggressive & look to add Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado & Utah. “We’re headed to super conferences,” source said

Exactly. We're down from the Power 5 to the Power 4. The Pac12 is no more. None of the remaining Pac 12 teams can be left behind if they want to maintain their Power 4 status. Remember, this is all about markets. This will touch off a bidding war for the remaining major markets--the Bay Area (Stanford and Cal), Phoenix, (Arizona and Arizona State), and Seattle (UDub.) (Portland is not a major market but it does have Oregon and Phil Knight.) Washington State and Oregon State are left behind.

How does this affect the MWC? Boise State moves up to one of the bigger conferences. Oregon State and Washington State move to the MWC. There's possible talk of expansion, in which Montana and Montana State become candidates.

We're back to the old "move up" debate.

citay said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
59m

Exactly. We're down from the Power 5 to the Power 4. The Pac12 is no more. None of the remaining Pac 12 teams can be left behind if they want to maintain their Power 4 status. Remember, this is all about markets. This will touch off a bidding war for the remaining major markets--the Bay Area (Stanford and Cal), Phoenix, (Arizona and Arizona State), and Seattle (UDub.) (Portland is not a major market but it does have Oregon and Phil Knight.) Washington State and Oregon State are left behind.

How does this affect the MWC? Boise State moves up to one of the bigger conferences. Oregon State and Washington State move to the MWC. There's possible talk of expansion, in which Montana and Montana State become candidates.

We're back to the old "move up" debate.

There is no up for Boise. Anywhere they could move would be the same level.

No way Oregon isn’t out shopping. They’re too big of a heavy hitter to not be in the discussion about new conferences. Oregon, Washington, Florida state, Clemson, Miami. These will be the next dominoes to fall.

Back