• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Roster Additions

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Kudos to the Griz Sports Info for actually releasing this!

FALL ROSTER ADDITIONS

No: Name, Ht, Wt, Yr., Pos., Hometown / Previous Schools
17: AJ Abbott, 6-2, 233, R-Fr., QB, Houston, Texas / Stratford HS / Oregon
23: Andrew Travillion, 6-0, 185, R-So., CB, Pflugerville, Texas / Hendrickson HS / Sam Houston / San Diego Mesa
24: Camden Ver Strate, 5-8, 170, R-So., WR, Cheney, Wash. / Cheney HS / Washington
40: Cooper Barnum, 6-2, 215, So., S, Vancouver, Wash. / Skyview HS / Washington State
46: Wyatt Wegener, 6-3, 225, R-Fr., LB, Algona, Iowa / Algona HS / Iowa
55: Chris Walker, 6-6, 290, Sr., OT, Lincoln, Neb. / East HS / Nebraska
77: Michael Ray, 6-3, 270, Fr., OL, Yakima, Wash. / Selah HS
83: Nico Ramos, 5-11, 200, Sr., K, Miami, Fla. / Ransom Everglades HS / Princeton / Cal
97: Adam Botkin, 6-4, 210, KP, Sr., Frenchtown, Mont. / Frenchtown

Some good and intriguing additions.

That Camden Ver Strate from Washington was a hell of an athlete and fast as hell. I could see him making some impact.

I love that we got Barnum’s kid too! I believe he was playing baseball at Wash St. Good football player who we had been recruiting before his baseball commitment.

And word on the street is that Walker from Nebraska is an absolute monster

See, I told you all it would be updated today! 😉 Also, who’s good at telling what departures we had from the team? I’m not very good at that, but I’m sure somebody here is!

I wonder why we got Bruce’s kid? Not that I’m complaining or knocking his Dad. Given that Robbie transferred to play with his Dad, I wonder what the dynamic is. Also I can see liking the smaller town like Pullman or Missoula over Portland and all of its craziness in not supporting D1 athletics in its own feckin back yard.

PDXGrizzly said:
I wonder why we got Bruce’s kid? Not that I’m complaining or knocking his Dad. Given that Robbie transferred to play with his Dad, I wonder what the dynamic is. Also I can see liking the smaller town like Pullman or Missoula over Portland and all of its craziness in not supporting D1 athletics in its own feckin back yard.

I remember hearing a podcast where Barnum spoke specifically about his boy going on an official visit to Missoula for football. The kid came back bragging up the facilities and how the Griz facilities blew the psu facilities out the door. He said he wanted to be a Griz if he decided on football over baseball. Barnum was like “what the actual f$%k”

PDXGrizzly said:

Recall we offered Barnum in 2019 (found it in Payton's recruiting thread) but he opted for baseball then. Bobby and Bruce are friends and knowing how Bobby loves to get kids of Bozeman players I'm sure he was happy to make this move as well. I think Barnum even did an official visit out here and everything, there might've even been an article written about it just because it was such an odd/interesting story.

BWahlberg said:
PDXGrizzly said:

Recall we offered Barnum in 2019 (found it in Payton's recruiting thread) but he opted for baseball then. Bobby and Bruce are friends and knowing how Bobby loves to get kids of Bozeman players I'm sure he was happy to make this move as well. I think Barnum even did an official visit out here and everything, there might've even been an article written about it just because it was such an odd/interesting story.

I can only assume Cooper Barnham is giving up a treasure chest of Dot's Pretzels NIL money to come to Montana.

HookedonGriz said:
I count 108 on the roster currently. What do they have to trim that down to eventually? 105?

Some things to keep an eye on:

Grimsrud has changed to 76 but is still listed as a DL.

Kaschmitter has moved to 69 but still listed as DE.

The roster has 8 listed TE's and 6 remaining "OL numbers", any more conversions? This has been discussed before.

8 listed corners for the 2 starting and 2 backup rotation. In the past I've noticed there's usually one guy missing by Game 1.

https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1556739923679399936?s=21&t=-JsqZywjSEUTxgg6wEWG3Q
Alright this is straight bullshit right here! If Welnel gets stripped of 37, I kind of hope he quits. This is completely unfair to him!

Griz til I die said:
https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1556739923679399936?s=21&t=-JsqZywjSEUTxgg6wEWG3Q
Alright this is straight bullshit right here! If Welnel gets stripped of 37, I kind of hope he quits. This is completely unfair to him!

I think I must be way out of the loop. Why would he be stripped of #37? Did something happen?

Griz til I die said:

That is quite the leap based on very limited information.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

Ok come on. You can’t sit here and tell me you can’t at least speculate why they’re even having this discussion as opposed to letting Welnel have it. Seems pretty obvious to me.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz til I die said:

I think I must be way out of the loop. Why would he be stripped of #37? Did something happen?
No, nothing happened with Welnel. He’s definitely deserving of wearing 37. Just think about it for a minute why this may be the case. It’s not like there’s other guys on this defense who also feel like they may be worthy of wearing it themselves.

Griz til I die said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ok come on. You can’t sit here and tell me you can’t at least speculate why they’re even having this discussion as opposed to letting Welnel have it. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Once again, seems like quite the leap.

Griz til I die said:

What the heck??

Griz til I die said:

Who is consulting? There are only 2 people involved in the process. #37 and the new #37.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

Ok then. What kind of conclusion do you draw from that then?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

I agree. What if Welnel wants someone else to have it? We have zero info.

Back